What's new

Injustice at SCR 2014 Hype and Updates Thread

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
I wouldn't necessarily say top 8 was boring...I would however say Aquaman under the control of Theo is seriously the most dull thing on the planet. I love Theo but my god...

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
sigh...DJT, man I know why you make that call. Whenever you lose confidence in your ability to go in on a fullscreen zoning game thats getting the better of you I see you go for Doomsday. You had the same sort of match issues vs Superman at Evo and made the same call, but the problem with this idea is that Doomsday is pretty straightforward to read...especially if you switched TO him. They know you are gonna try and lead with shoulder charges to pressure and start slugging it out fishing for earthshakers. They just wait and fish for MB B3 on you. It happened this match at least once and they know what your wakeup will be.

Doomsday is pure damage and pressure, but if you are struggling vs a good spacing game they know that the moment you get to neutral screen position or further you will lose patience and desperately try to rush back in...and thats what they are waiting to punish. Its a roll of the dice that if you win you get big damage but you distill your entire strategy down to something very readable and obvious when you make this emergency switch. Dont do it...better to slug it out with your main than to try that. That or find another pressure character to backup GL. I know that the other power rushdown folks (Hawkgirl, Bane, and Lobo) tend to struggle even worse vs zoners so I see how you keep ending up in this situation. My suggestion is to have a backpocket Hawkgirl for Superman and Aquaman zoners. They can't fish her out of the air and it forces them to come to you. I know she counterpicks Superman hard and its a pretty fair match vs Aquaman that would shift the flow of matches back to something where you could stay in and force your opponent to come in more.

I absolutely adore UltraDavid. Complete class and his voice doesn't hurt my head...
thanks babe

was a good top 8, tbh i was really hoping to commentate with 16 bit, i didn't even know dms was there till i walked up and saw him already in the commentary booth. but he did a good job! so gs to him and i'm happy he did it. gs to the players, esp gs to theo, his spacing and patience and understanding of pace were so good