What's new

Inaugural UMK2 Online Tournament - DONE

Status
Not open for further replies.

BustaUppa

Westbury Nathan's 4 Life
I've seen you say this like 10 times. MAME itself does not lag, or it should not. I play vs certain people all the time and we have perfectly smooth games. Kaillera has its problems but peer 2 peer is a step up, a massive step up a lot of times. Some people still have problems running MAME smoothly in 2014, and its mind boggling. I tried to help a couple new people out last weekend and this one guy had ZERO lag spikes until he started pressing buttons (to play) then the game would slow down and his lag spikes would explode. This was due to an under powered processor (I know how to diagnose these problems by now). I asked him about his PC and sure enough he was on a very old AMD 2GHz machine.

The funniest thing is, my Pentium 4 machine from 2004 (10 years old) runs UMK3 perfectly smooth 100% of the time, of course I've upgraded a few times since.
sup, nwo! Wasn't able to catch you in Kaillera after I jumped out, but I tried that F11 thing you mentioned. It listed 100% uninterrupted the whole time (played through a full match vs. CPU) and the FPS counter stayed at 53.2 or whatever it is. I'm really curious about my issue with the keys and why it would spike like that. I mean the game looks and plays totally fine on my end. My default key mapping is a bit weird and include things like CTRL and SHIFT keys, could that be causing problems? I use a stick that simulates key inputs so I could try rebinding stuff.

I'm also curious as to how the lag spikes manifest themselves for the other people in the room. Dropped inputs all around, or does the game actually appear to slow down for everyone else? I'd love to participate in a tournament in the future, but I'd hate to be the "laggy guy" dragging everyone else down :/

EdFig81

Original OBS mbr/VSM/G4S
I've seen you say this like 10 times. MAME itself does not lag, or it should not. I play vs certain people all the time and we have perfectly smooth games. Kaillera has its problems but peer 2 peer is a step up, a massive step up a lot of times. Some people still have problems running MAME smoothly in 2014, and its mind boggling. I tried to help a couple new people out last weekend and this one guy had ZERO lag spikes until he started pressing buttons (to play) then the game would slow down and his lag spikes would explode. This was due to an under powered processor (I know how to diagnose these problems by now). I asked him about his PC and sure enough he was on a very old AMD 2GHz machine.

The funniest thing is, my Pentium 4 machine from 2004 (10 years old) runs UMK3 perfectly smooth 100% of the time, of course I've upgraded a few times since.
No joke I tested my old p4 rig the other day. I can even run ki & 2 no issues. I think the issue is this emulator is old but it's the only 1 that supports a hacked rom

mortal_jason

Kitana's Bodyguard
I've seen you say this like 10 times. MAME itself does not lag, or it should not. I play vs certain people all the time and we have perfectly smooth games. Kaillera has its problems but peer 2 peer is a step up, a massive step up a lot of times. Some people still have problems running MAME smoothly in 2014, and its mind boggling. I tried to help a couple new people out last weekend and this one guy had ZERO lag spikes until he started pressing buttons (to play) then the game would slow down and his lag spikes would explode. This was due to an under powered processor (I know how to diagnose these problems by now)..
Everyone has a different rate of frame delay in the rooms, I assume depending on how far away they live from the server?
Anything over 2 frames of delay is really shitty in a time-sensitive MK game.

I will run a lagstat next time I play online to see if it changes when I press buttons.
Everyone I play on there complains about lag- not just me.
We got spoiled years ago on PS3 with og MK2 because it used to be near perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.