What's new

Inaugural UMK2 Online Tournament - DONE

Status
Not open for further replies.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
DATE: Saturday, April 26, 2013
TIME: 7pm Eastern (4pm Pacific)

Please note - this is a MAME/Kaillera only tournament. UMK2 is an unlicensed hack/patch which is only available on the PC. You must have the ROM already installed on your machine in order to play. Please do not ask for or post links to the ROM on this page as it is a violation of forum policy and will result in a warning or ban.
GENERAL RULES
  • Double elimination
  • All matches are first to 3. Winner/loser/grand finals are first to 4.
  • In order to prevent severe lag, open only to USA and Canada residents
  • All participants will need to access the TYM Chat during tournament play to report their match scores and setup their games with opponents.If you cannot access the TYM Chat during tourney play, you cannot enter the tournament.
  • You, yourself, must post in this thread and declare your entry to the tournament. Do not message me through PM, PSN, or through someone else. By posting your intent to enter in this thread, it shows you are a TYM member and you will check the thread for updates rather than relying on us to tell you.
  • All entrants are responsible for checking this thread regularly for updates; including dates, times, and match brackets.
  • If connection breaks then both players must restart the match with the same characters (prior round win is omitted). If the breaking connection is suspicious like breaking right before a victory then the player has a right to report it.
  • In the case of lag, keep trying. If after a few tries the connection is not good, please report back to the chat room IMMEDIATELY and a new matchup may be made for you with another opponent. Bear in mind this only applies to first round matches.
  • You are permitted to quit on account of lag after the first match without being faulted if it is unplayable. After the 2nd match is started you must continue the rest of your remaining matches even if lag begins to creep in. You must notify your opponent you are quitting due to lag and report it ASAP in the chat room in order to get a new opponent. Otherwise, you may both be disqualified. Therefore it is best to play early in case you may need to swap opponents as there may be no available opponents left if all matchups have been played. This lag exception ONLY applies to first round matches. All subsequent rounds MUST be played regardless of lag.
  • If you need to withdraw from the tournament, please give advance notice (at least 24 hours if possible) as a courtesy. Repeated no shows will result in being blacklisted from future competitions.
  • If you are currently banned from the Kombat Network, you are not permitted to enter the tournament.
DISQUALIFICATIONS
  • All participants will have a 10 minute grace period to show up in the chat room for the start of the tournament. If the player has not arrived by that time, they will be completely disqualified.NO EXCEPTIONS.
  • Failing to post score results of a match in the chat, voluntarily quitting in the middle of a match (except for a 1-time lag exception) or at any time in the tournament, any sort of suspicious activity (impersonation, ban evasion, etc), or anything else deemed inappropriate or unsportsmanlike is grounds for disqualification. The staff reserves the right to disqualify a player at any time.
One last thing: Video recordings are not required, but definitely appreciated!

BRACKET LINK
(will be posted once signups close)

SIGNUPS (minimum of 8 players required)
1. @deady
2. @Konqrr
3. @MKillBill
4. @Edfig81
5. @YourMKArcadeSource
6. @ZAQ
7. @mortal_jason
8. @Shock

(we will add more slots if interest is big enough)

Last edited:
Im gonna make sure I can get this to run on my machine first, and if it does, i'll definitely be signing up for this!

Reactions: MKB

nwo

Noob
One last thing: Video recordings are not required, but definitely appreciated!
If you guys use the popular n02 v0.5r1 kaillera client, there's a "record game" checkbox. This will give you a small .krec file, which can be played back and easily recorded afterwards. If someone doesn't know how to record they can just send their .krec file to someone who does. I'm not playing in the tournament, I'm just throwing that out there.

mortal_jason

Kitana's Bodyguard
If someone could tell me exactly what versions of Mame and Kaillera they're using, and where to get them, that would be great.
Have had issues getting Mame to read the Mk2 rom.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
If you guys use the popular n02 v0.5r1 kaillera client, there's a "record game" checkbox. This will give you a small .krec file, which can be played back and easily recorded afterwards. If someone doesn't know how to record they can just send their .krec file to someone who does. I'm not playing in the tournament, I'm just throwing that out there.
32k64 records too

nwo

Noob
32k64 records too
Yeah Mame32k .64 can record input, but the n02 v0.5r1 kaillera client also records the chatbox, I found that out recently and thought it was cool. It can also record in p2p.

Otherwise you have to hold ctrl + shift before the game starts to record input, and the chatbox is not included.

Last edited:

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Unless that version of mame/kaillera does in-game chatting differently, I wouldn't be able to use it as any chat used in-game makes the game unplayable for me. I wish there was a way to disable it ;_;

mortal_jason

Kitana's Bodyguard
Sign me up! Finally got it to work thanks to help from friends.
I'll try to get my sister to play too but she might have to work.

Anyway someone get at me in the Smash Fu room, I wanna playtest this new baby!

Reactions: MKB

mortal_jason

Kitana's Bodyguard
Agreed, Cage got a huge face lift. His shadow kick is deadly now.
I can't ever remember if I have to low block or CAN'T low block these new moves.

I beat the game and looked in the credits for the creator. I'm guessing "SK" means @Shock?
Well whoever made it, good job, it's fun. Sorry for the badmouthing before I actually played it.
Mileena is totally beatable in UMK2 despite having to low block her Roll.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
I can't ever remember if I have to low block or CAN'T low block these new moves.

I beat the game and looked in the credits for the creator. I'm guessing "SK" means @Shock?
Well whoever made it, good job, it's fun. Sorry for the badmouthing before I actually played it.
Mileena is totally beatable in UMK2 despite having to low block her Roll.
"SK" is definitely not me. "SK" appears on that screen with Shao Kahn on it thanking players though, so it might have something to do with him. I am listed in the credits along with other players who helped in some way.

I will sign up for this tournament, I am pretty sure I'll be available this weekend coming up but if not I'll post here first.

BustaUppa

Westbury Nathan's 4 Life
If someone could tell me exactly what versions of Mame and Kaillera they're using, and where to get them, that would be great.
I'm wondering this too. Recently grabbed both K.064 and Plus Plus v.0119. Using my laptop to test them out but I will ultimately use my old desktop to play, as it has been permanently relegated to MAME emulation duty now. :cool:

Also wondering, is kailleraclient.dll the type of thing that can be replaced at will, or is a client tied to its version of the emulator? If there's a preferred emulator/client combo, especially one that will ensure most compatibility with players here, I'd love to make sure I'm on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.