What's new

Inaugural UMK2 Online Tournament - DONE

Status
Not open for further replies.

EdFig81

Original OBS mbr/VSM/G4S
@MKillBillcount me in. I still have to get the rom but i should have it by today. Anyone intrested in getting any sets in i barely played this at Blue Planet .

Reactions: MKB

YourMKArcadeSource

Your Source For All Things MK Arcade Related
I can't ever remember if I have to low block or CAN'T low block these new moves.

I beat the game and looked in the credits for the creator. I'm guessing "SK" means @Shock?
Well whoever made it, good job, it's fun. Sorry for the badmouthing before I actually played it.
Mileena is totally beatable in UMK2 despite having to low block her Roll.
No. "SK" does not stand for Shock.

mortal_jason

Kitana's Bodyguard
I'm wondering this too. Recently grabbed both K.064 and Plus Plus v.0119. Using my laptop to test them out but I will ultimately use my old desktop to play, as it has been permanently relegated to MAME emulation duty now. :cool:

Also wondering, is kailleraclient.dll the type of thing that can be replaced at will, or is a client tied to its version of the emulator? If there's a preferred emulator/client combo, especially one that will ensure most compatibility with players here, I'd love to make sure I'm on that.
I'll send you a link.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Hey, @MKillBill I'm going to have to withdraw. I thought I was going to have that day free, but I'm going to be occupied. Sucks. This is going to be an awesome tournament. Good luck to everyone.
*sadface* Don't worry... There will be others. Maybe we can get some games in sometime! I always like playing you.

mortal_jason

Kitana's Bodyguard
*sadface* Don't worry... There will be others. Maybe we can get some games in sometime! I always like playing you.
I keep looking for you guys on Mame but haven't run into you yet.
Well I did play one guy named "RandomSelect" who was pretty good but I think he said he wasn't doing the tournament.
When are you on?

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
I keep looking for you guys on Mame but haven't run into you yet.
Well I did play one guy named "RandomSelect" who was pretty good but I think he said he wasn't doing the tournament.
When are you on?
Usually the weekend, but not this past one.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
Folks, I need to push this tournament back to next Saturday, 4/26. Reason being, I am currently in the process of moving into a new house and my wife designated Saturday as the big move-in day. I'll be moving everything including my computer which means I won't be able to login and participate or run the brackets. Sorry for the inconvenience.

@deady
@Konqrr
@Edfig81
@YourMKArcadeSource
@ZAQ
@mortal_jason
@Shock

mortal_jason

Kitana's Bodyguard
Folks, I need to push this tournament back to next Saturday, 4/26. Reason being, I am currently in the process of moving into a new house and my wife designated Saturday as the big move-in day. I'll be moving everything including my computer which means I won't be able to login and participate or run the brackets. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Sounds good.

mortal_jason

Kitana's Bodyguard
Guess my total, utterly humiliating defeat will have to wait until then. Damn the luck.
Best of 3, on laggy Mame, where all characters are pretty much equal....
Anything can happen and you're good enough to challenge for the crown.
Plus now you get another week to practice with me :)

EdFig81

Original OBS mbr/VSM/G4S
@MKillBill i may have an issue tommrrow familys easter dinner got switched last minute and i don't know if i can make it by 7. I will keep u posted but i don't want to cause an issue and bow out last minute which is not my thing.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
@MKillBill i may have an issue tommrrow familys easter dinner got switched last minute and i don't know if i can make it by 7. I will keep u posted but i don't want to cause an issue and bow out last minute which is not my thing.
Tournament got pushed back to next Saturday

nwo

Noob
You guys should add the main kaillera servers to your favorites, that way if the server list goes down its irrelevant. Or you could play p2p for the best experience possible.

Last edited:

mortal_jason

Kitana's Bodyguard
You guys should add the main kaillera servers to your favorites, that way if the server list goes down its irrelevant. Or you could play p2p for the best experience possible.
I've been getting this "Error refreshing list" thing for 24 hours now. Is this a normal Kaillera occurrence?
Good thing the tournament got moved back a week lol.

Where do you go in Mame to add servers to your favorites?

nwo

Noob
I've been getting this "Error refreshing list" thing for 24 hours now. Is this a normal Kaillera occurrence?
Good thing the tournament got moved back a week lol.

Where do you go in Mame to add servers to your favorites?
You go to "play network game" like you normally do, and since the server list is still down click the "add" button and add this ip: 204.62.14.45:27888. That's the ip for Smash FU.

mortal_jason

Kitana's Bodyguard
I remember this problem years ago... I had lists of server IPs lol
I guess it's a testament to how poor the servers themselves are, when the damn server lists won't even load.
Easier to understand now why every match on Mame (except for p2p) has awful button delay.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
I guess it's a testament to how poor the servers themselves are, when the damn server lists won't even load.
Easier to understand now why every match on Mame (except for p2p) has awful button delay.
Make sure you are playing with either LAN or Excellent connection settings to lessen the delay. Kaillera (for me) is 10x better, connection-wise, than og mk2 or mkak.

Status
Not open for further replies.