What's new

[IMPORTANT] Injustice at UFGT:X Will Have a 128-Entrant Cap: All Pools on Saturday

SonicBoomBrad

Best Doomsday in the world
I would probably say CEO is effecting alot of people from the lower east coast to go to MLG this year. I also assumed Cali would come out stronger than they seem to at the moment.

I'm trying my best to get out there but it looks really grim :(
I know this is definitely a huge problem for me. I cant get CEO, MLG, and EVO off because it's three weekends in a row. So I had to settle for just MLG and EVO even though CEO would've been awesome to travel to.

True but NEC was 6 months ago. WB and ECT did not have those kinds of numbers.

Maybe there's an over saturation and numbers will be up for TFC? Time will tell.

ECT had 70. Thats because a lot of people decided the only two events will be UFGT and MLG. CEO will also be taking a huge hit.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
ECT had 70. Thats because a lot of people decided the only two events will be UFGT and MLG. CEO will also be taking a huge hit.
I think ECT's turnout was also largely due holding the tournament on Mother's Day weekend. A lot of people announced straight away that they wouldn't be able to make it because of that.

Whenever you hold an event on a major holiday, you have to expect that a lot of people won't show up; so all things considered they'd have had over 100 on a regular weekend.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
When I ask people why I should go to MLG and all I hear is PRIZE POT PRIZE POT PRIZE POT it's not exactly screaming fun experience.
Not just that. They fed you free Hot Pockets and Dr. Pepper during 2012 (dunno what they're doing this year), and the smoothness of the tournament is so high it makes even the most organized grassroots events look like child's play. That's not a diss to grassroots, but it was by far the best experience in terms of smooth runnings I've ever seen. You weren't stuck in the place just waiting to play all day, it was literally finished up within 4 hours, and you were free to go. Even the commentators were allowed to have a ton of fun with the commentary and even was able to highlight a little bit of the individual background stories. And that's just on the actual tournament side. They had side stuff going on such as a win streak booth at Columbus (where I got the highest streak and won a shit ton of random stuff :p) and did a bunch of things for prizes.

The prize pot was probably the smallest factor in the overall tournament experience. The entire thing was just entertaining.

I think ECT's turnout was also largely due holding the tournament on Mother's Day weekend. A lot of people announced straight away that they wouldn't be able to make it because of that.

Whenever you hold an event on a major holiday, you have to expect that a lot of people won't show up; so all things considered they'd have had over 100 on a regular weekend.

To my point exactly. So many factors were why ECT turn out should of been really low. But we still had 70 show up. but hey east coast tournaments suck so what would I know

Mr Aquaman

Armored Launcher
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Damn the east coast is on blast? Should we do far less tournaments? Cause thats all I am hearing

Mr Aquaman

Armored Launcher
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Apparently the only good tournaments are the ones 16 bit goes to. So we should just cancel them all till he decides we are ready enough for his graciousness to arrive
so much for trying to grow shit here, since were in da struggle

True but NEC was 6 months ago. WB and ECT did not have those kinds of numbers.

Maybe there's an over saturation and numbers will be up for TFC? Time will tell.
Its because there are so many East Coast tournies. They get usually 70-80 entrants and about 90% of those are guys from the East Coast with a couple outsiders. Thats alot for just one region

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Apparently the only good tournaments are the ones 16 bit goes to. So we should just cancel them all till he decides we are ready enough for his graciousness to arrive

I did not say this or anything like it. You're projecting that.

Sorry I didn't accept the idea that any EC MLG would have 200+ entrants.

Last edited:
that was MK9. the biggest injustice tournament to date, aside from EVO, was on the east coast.
CEO 2013 had 203 entrants for Injutice, I believe that's still the 2nd highest ever behind EVO. Anyone know if there was an FGC event with more than that? Just curious. Only at 40 Preregs for CEO 2014 on Injustice.