What's new

[IMPORTANT] Injustice at UFGT:X Will Have a 128-Entrant Cap: All Pools on Saturday

astronout

see you at the top.
True but NEC was 6 months ago. WB and ECT did not have those kinds of numbers.

Maybe there's an over saturation and numbers will be up for TFC? Time will tell.
Because east coast fighting game players have 3 times the amount of majors to choose from indirectly affects the amount of entrants each tournament receives. it would be preposterous to believe that if the east coast was as limited as the rest of the regions are presently that it wouldn't equate to a larger amount of entrants.

G4S Claude VonStroke

@MK_ClaudeVS on twitter
When I ask people why I should go to MLG and all I hear is PRIZE POT PRIZE POT PRIZE POT it's not exactly screaming fun experience.

Speaking of whats the deal with side tournaments and BYOC a MLG events? They cool and allowed to run there?

I know I got this problem :(
MLG is the best run tournament i've ever been to and i've been to most of them. MLG is the gold standard imo

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Because east coast fighting game players have 3 times the amount of majors to choose from indirectly affects the amount of entrants each tournament receives. it would be preposterous to believe that if the east coast was as limited as the rest of the regions are presently that it wouldn't have an equal or greater amount of entrants.

Why was MLG Raleigh's turn out so low then? Besides "that was MK". The army of EC regulars that usually went to those EC MK tournaments did not show.

astronout

see you at the top.
Why was MLG Raleigh's turn out so low then? Besides "that was MK". The army of EC regulars that usually went to those EC MK tournaments did not show.
I would postulate the reason having to do with Summer Jam VI being closer and more cost effective for a lot of east coast players (though I did myself travel to MLG)

Last edited:
See, this is why we don't get nice things.
it was either that or bunch of dq's/ ppl not being able to go bcuz Friday pools. Honestly I dnt think it would have got over 128 either way since it is going to be this week, it could've but I dnt think it would've. 128 is a solid number anyways plus we are getting all of the pools streamed, good deal if you ask me.

haketh

Noob
MLG is the best run tournament i've ever been to and i've been to most of them. MLG is the gold standard imo
Alright, not hearing any reason to go to it over other well ran tournaments that offer more than just IGAU or special events during.

I mean I'm trying to make it but for the most part it seems pretty zzzzz.

I would postulate the reason having to do with Summer Jam VI being closer and more cost effective for a lot of east coast players (though I did myself travel to MLG)
I would probably say CEO is effecting alot of people from the lower east coast to go to MLG this year. I also assumed Cali would come out stronger than they seem to at the moment.

I'm trying my best to get out there but it looks really grim :(

Alright, not hearing any reason to go to it over other well ran tournaments that offer more than just IGAU or special events during.

you must not have been to an mlg for mk9 huh???? bcuz if you had you would know about the hype tournament matches, how well the tournament was run, the hotel matches, and etc. Also the money they give out is a very good thing, going to tournaments isn't cheap, so it is nice if you place top 8 and get a decent amount of money. Also mlg runs a Midwest tournament, west coast, south, and east coast. So every region will have at least one that is relatively close to them.

G4S Claude VonStroke

@MK_ClaudeVS on twitter

Your own dedicated STAGE with chairs so everyone can watch and cheer on main stage. Own dedicated stream for the entire event. If I remember correctly over 20 stations or so for casuals while the tournament is not running for the entire weekend.

Pools via display so you know your exact bracket and times. Pools ran ON time EVERY time with no exceptions. By far more money than any other injustice tournament this year which SHOULD lead to more hype because people will really want that money when in top 8. Also the prestige of being a MLG champion. Also the space is HUGE so there are no space issues and it's very comfortable. Not like most FGC majors.

Also free Dr. pepper all weekend!

haketh

Noob
Welp if I make it hopefully I either do well or go out early so I can get drunk and kick it. Best tournament OS.

KingHippo

Alternative-Fact Checker
Your own dedicated STAGE with chairs so everyone can watch and cheer on main stage. Own dedicated stream for the entire event. If I remember correctly over 20 stations or so for casuals while the tournament is not running for the entire weekend.

Pools via display so you know your exact bracket and times. Pools ran ON time EVERY time with no exceptions. By far more money than any other injustice tournament this year which SHOULD lead to more hype because people will really want that money when in top 8. Also the prestige of being a MLG champion. Also the space is HUGE so there are no space issues and it's very comfortable. Not like most FGC majors.

Also free Dr. pepper all weekend!
This sounds like SCR....;)

G4S Claude VonStroke

@MK_ClaudeVS on twitter
It saddens me that Claude, who admittedly hates the game, is more enthusiastic about MLG than people who constantly bitched for it to get in.
I know what it's like to be passionate a game you love, regardless of my own opinion of it. I'm just a little surprised the community doesn't seem to understand the big picture of what MLG can mean to injustice. It was HUGE for MK9 in 2012.