What's new

Tech "I'm Gonna Enjoy This!" -Official Nightwing BnB thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
I would just like to say that I really think ending Escrima combos in Db3 (flip) is the best option for pressure.

You land directly in front of them, score a hard knockdown have to make them guess between your d3 (sweep, hard knockdown) and B2 (overhead) Throw or a cross up. Ending in the the staff spin seems to only put you in range for the b2.

Just food for thought.

Lulzlou

Noob
Tested on Killer Frost in the corner

Escrima
(Any grounded Starter)
(F213)~fury j3 112~fury j3~WD 37%
(F213)~fury j3 112 112~fury j3~WD 39%
(F213)~fury j3 112 F213~fury j3~WD 40% (the timing is really strict and sometimes the WD will whiff)
(F213)~fury j3 112 112 112~stance change 37%

112 112 112~fury j3~WD 35%
112 112 F213~fury j3~WD 36%
112 112 113~fury j3~WD 36%
^ F213 and 113 linked into a delayed Fury works too.
112 112 112 112~stance change 31%
112 113 112 112~stance change 32%

113 113~fury j3~WD 36%
113 112 113~fury j3~WD 38%
113 113 113~fury j3~WD 37%
113 112 112~fury j3~WD 37%

b2 112 F213~fury j3~WD 37%
b2 112 112~fury j3~WD 36%

b2 b2 112 f213~fury j3~WD 40% (Strict timing)

update;

F3 j3 112 F213~fury j3~WD 41%

B3 j3 b2~fury j3~WD 36%
B3 j3 fury j3~WD 33%

J3 112 112~Fury j3~WD 40%
J3 112 F213~Fury j3~WD 41%
j3 b2 112 F213~fury j3~WD 44%

Staff

(Any starter into stance change as well)
(1F1)~MB-GB j3 1 1 1 1F1~staff spin 43%
(1F1)~MB-GB j3 1 1 1F1~staff spin 41%
(1F1)~MB-GB j3 1F1 1F1~staff spin 40%

2 2 1 1 1F1~staff spin 34%
2 2 1 1 1 1F1~staff spin 37%
2 2 1F1~Stance Change Fury f3~WD 36%
2 1 1 1 1 1F1~staff spin 36%
2 b3 jump back3 1 1~FG

B3 jump back3 3 1 1F1~staff spin 37% (strict timing)
B3 jump back3 1 1~FG 34%

F3 j3 1 1 1 1F1~staff spin 39%
F3 j3 1 1 1F1~staff spin 36%

All of these are corner combos

Gonna eat. I'll update this post with the rest afterwards

Richusco

Noob
Escrima
j2, f213 xx dfMB, (yeah, cancel 213 into overhead) j2, 33, df2, j3, jdb1 42%
This combo is nice cause if you mess up and they block the f213 before the MB you still get an oki, and if blocked you are still positive.

I don't think I've seen this mentioned, so I thought I'd throw it out here.

With Ground Spark you have the option of holding the spark by continuing to hold 2 and either releasing or canceling out. This seems like an opportunity to create some Dickish mindgames with opponents at the proper range. You can either drop the spark for a low attack or cancel into a lunging high attack. I haven't worked out the best Spark Cancel attacks, but this appears a promising avenue. Thoughts?

Saitsu

Noob
Or the opponent jumps in on you and you can't do anything but hope you can dash away.

That's a one time setup for knockdowns.

Trip Se7ens

Nom Nom
I would just like to say that I really think ending Escrima combos in Db3 (flip) is the best option for pressure.

You land directly in front of them, score a hard knockdown have to make them guess between your d3 (sweep, hard knockdown) and B2 (overhead) Throw or a cross up. Ending in the the staff spin seems to only put you in range for the b2.

Just food for thought.
What is the dmg % you lose from just doing the flip kick instead of j3, wing dings?

I have such a hard time doing Flying Greyson because back moves I'm so used to charging from SF and I can never get it right because if I charge it nothing comes up but the normal kick , ugh. #sfnoobproblems

Trip Se7ens

Nom Nom
I really need to STOP rolling my pad from DtoB while hitting 1,2,3 because I end up doing my crappy anti air from 1 and close range electric move and getting punished like an idiot. T_T and still gotta practice my Flying Greyson B->F input.

GuamoKun

I Break Hearts, Not Combos
I really need to STOP rolling my pad from DtoB while hitting 1,2,3 because I end up doing my crappy anti air from 1 and close range electric move and getting punished like an idiot. T_T and still gotta practice my Flying Greyson B->F input.
try turning off release check

7r17r1

Noob

Just food for thought.
I prefere to end with staff db3 xx 4, the knockdown is longer, you can dash in and still have time to do a better pressure, better corner carry aswell

After the flip kick the opponent get up too quickly, you can notice that by doing a throw immediately after the flip kick's knockdown, it will throw them

Still a good option

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
I prefere to end with staff db3 xx 4, the knockdown is longer, you can dash in and still have time to do a better pressure, better corner carry aswell

After the flip kick the opponent get up too quickly, you can notice that by doing a throw immediately after the flip kick's knockdown, it will throw them

Still a good option
I dunno man, I prefer being right on top of them and forcing them to immediately guess high, low, or throw. To each his own i suppose :)

ZedZeus

WoolayWarrior
Hey guys! I'm really loving playing with Dick right now!

I found an easy 33% while i was messing around in the lab earlier today - apologies if it has already been discovered..

ji2, f213, df2, j2, f21, 4, db3 - ending in staff - 33%

Has anyone found out any absolute pressure setups with Dick yet? Has he got any frame traps? I'm thinking that ending strings with his flip kick is pretty good when trying to maintain pressure - although I'm not sure if it is entirely safe on block yet.

Trip Se7ens

Nom Nom
My problem with using the flip kick and pressuring is that if I do go low, my low combo is usually a drop, D11->escrima fury, I only tend to get it sometimes, so when I play a lot with friends, they usually just block the overhead and have throw break ready and just take the two low pokes because usually it is just a 5% hp loss, lol.

Saitsu

Noob
...Well the first thing to note is that d1 isn't a low.

Your Flip Kick mixups will be taking advantage of the ability to crossup. The fact that it's an overhead is nearly irrelevant as Nightwing has no threatening lows in Escrima.

Now once you get better and add strings to your mixup and pressure you can Stance Cancel into MB Ground Blast once your opponent respects your options.

KamenRyder

The loved
What are his best lows in Staff?
1f1 xx GB from mid to max range is really good. Although if you spam 1f2 from max range like 2 or 3 times you'll be super close to them, but by that time they're usually so trained on blocking the overhead that a point blank 1f1 will take them by surprise, follow up with whatever you'd like.

edit: So I've been messing around in the lab today trying to address one very serious gripe I have with Dick. His crossups. They're so hard to land successfully, j3 knocks down so getting a nice damaging combo is hard due to lack of air juggles and his J2 hitbox is so wonky it's hard to find that sweetspot you need to use it. I think his jump ins give a significant enough damage boost to his combos that they warrant some bit of exploration for applicable use. These set ups are for landing j2 since it's a better combo starter, but you can sub in a j3 if you really want that knockdown. Here's what I've got so far, this is a work in progress:
on hit - d12 xx 4 db3 xx 4 jump forward twice j2 on second jump.

This set up puts you into perfect range to hit any character with either a cross up j2 or a non-cross up if you hit j2 early in the second jump on a bigger character (grundy, dooms, lex) I'm not sure if anyone else knew already but if you press 4 during the db3 nightwing will do a different looking stance change back to escrima stance. It's important that you hit 4 DURING the spinning staff part of the special and not during the splat or it will not work.

on hit or block - d12 forward jump j2

This one is super great since d12 is pretty + on block you're ok to just throw it out if you're fishing. On block you can jump over and get an easy cross up if they're stand blocking, but if they're crouching you'll have to dealy your j2 just a little tiny bit to smack they're hitbox. If you actually manage to HIT with the crouching d12 then the hit stun will actually prevent the opponent from crouch blocking in time leading to a super easy standing cross up. Give them your hypest combo!

Status
Not open for further replies.