What's new

Tech "I'm Gonna Enjoy This!" -Official Nightwing BnB thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chongo

Dead Kings Rise
I'm recovering from an accident at school today, had a mild concussion. It should be updated soon, I'm really sorry guys :(

TimTim

Don't Hate
So I got the game like 40 minutes ago. So far I'm doing
F.213/113/staff1f.1 4 >>>> xx escrima fury f3 b2 escrima j.3 wing ding.
f.213/113/staff1f.1 4 >>>> xx escrima fury jf.3 f.213 escrima nj.3 wing ding. (corner)
B.3 or mb flip into b.3 >>> j.3 j.3 wingding
f.3 j.2 j.3 wingding
Haven't experimented with much staff or meterburn yet. The only combo I've found that I've been having trouble with is j2 f312 staff db2 mb nj2 (some delayed) b3 j3 j2 d2 bf3 46%.

I'll update with (IMO) the most practice yet damaging combo's I find.

Trip Se7ens

Nom Nom
Is mid-combo staff/stance change kinda like Green Lantern's Trait activation/cancel into special moves? I can't seem to get mid combo changes at all.

TimTim

Don't Hate
Is mid-combo staff/stance change kinda like Green Lantern's Trait activation/cancel into special moves? I can't seem to get mid combo changes at all.
Ummm for something like 1f1 what I do is I cancel the 1f1 as soon as the f1 comes out and then as soon as the f1 is done I do escrima. The other ones seem easy for f213 4 staff spin I just cancel everything into everything.

Raynex

Intelligence + Speed + Power
That chip setup is really cool. If your opponent simply takes one of the EX DB+3s and gets hit intentionally though, they can do a wake-up attack to escape the pressure. Nice find regardless!

AssassiN

Noob
That chip setup is really cool. If your opponent simply takes one of the EX DB+3s and gets hit intentionally though, they can do a wake-up attack to escape the pressure. Nice find regardless!
If they decide to let go of block, Nightwing can do D1+Staff Spin.
That does +- 30% damage.

HMD

Noob
You can combo after that into a hard knockdown and if you feel they're going to do a wake up attack then Mb b3 to take a hit. Oh and only one person can escape that pressure without having to push block... You won't believe who it is

Raynex

Intelligence + Speed + Power
Combo after... the [MB] staff spin? Whoa, I thought the wallbounce property was removed post-patch.

We're theory-fighting here. Of course you can [MB] B3 to beat wake-up attacks. I can just as easily backdash the [MB] B3 on wake-up too. That's all part of the guessing game that occurs once you knock someone down. What I'm saying is, at least this way the opponent has the opportunity to make a read and escape damage that's normally inescapable (unless you push block). But if you can get a full combo off an EX staff spin anyways my point is irrelevant.

I'm not taking anything away from that chip setup. Like I said earlier, it's a really nice find.

AssassiN

Noob
You can combo after that into a hard knockdown and if you feel they're going to do a wake up attack then Mb b3 to take a hit. Oh and only one person can escape that pressure without having to push block... You won't believe who it is
Nightwing?

Combo after... the [MB] staff spin? Whoa, I thought the wallbounce property was removed post-patch.

We're theory-fighting here. Of course you can [MB] B3 to beat wake-up attacks. I can just as easily backdash the [MB] B3 on wake-up too. That's all part of the guessing game that occurs once you knock someone down. What I'm saying is, at least this way the opponent has the opportunity to make a read and escape damage that's normally inescapable (unless you push block). But if you can get a full combo off an EX staff spin anyways my point is irrelevant.

I'm not taking anything away from that chip setup. Like I said earlier, it's a really nice find.
Like I said Nightwing can do a 30% combo of it by following it up with D1 + Staff Spin.
He can do more damage by doing D1, 1, etc... However, connecting the 1 is really hard.

Wake-ups are not as viable in this game as it was in MK9, I've been able to beat out most wake-up attacks with his 1, F1.
Plus the knockdown with Staff Spin in the corner gives Nightwing a lot of options.

HMD

Noob
I feel ya... I meant in the corner lol thats where your going to be doing MB staff spin pressure most of the time. Corner staff MB d1, 1, d3 HK. after that you can either go back into doing the MB staff spin pressure or you can 2, b3, jb2, 3, 1, BF3

HMD

Noob
The answer is Grundy... kinda stupid considering hes a big character but he can crouch under the last hit of mb staff spin

Tenryuga

Ball Buster
Here's a meterless combo off a hitconfirm a little past midscreen.
xxKali fury F3 J2 B1,1 (2 2,2 or 3 whatever is easiest for you) xxKali fury - this will corner carry and allow for a J3xxWing Ding ender

DreadzTsung

"Darkness is the heart's true essence"
I got 41% 1 bar.
I've got to remember how to do it so I can post video. :)
I just picked up Nightwing.

laial

Noob
Sorry if it's somewhere in the thread already but what do you use for air to air/anti air combos in both stances?

Status
Not open for further replies.