What's new

I'm calling it now (feel free to blow me up if it doesn't happen)

cR_whiteboi

Jobbers are mouthpieces for gods.
Not solid enough for my tastes, no. But then when you live in Florida and play Doomsday, then you really can't hope for much recognition.
He's no Noobe, not to knock on his skills, as I said he is probably pretty good and in a secure high spot, but just doesn't really strike me as someone like Bio or Bipolar who dominate their scenes, or Grr who usually has very strong showings early on and even later into the game's life.

Maybe this time will be different, since F/T isn't too popular in south FL, maybe it won't. Who knows, its a month into the game.
http://rank.shoryuken.com/rankings/rank/IGAU

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Its cool that you're 7th place, but I'm not referring to world recognition so much as like...
"Hey did you hear about that Doomsday who won the tournament in south FL?"
"Which one?"

That kind of recognition. I've already said you were a good player, but like when you think "Canadian Bane" you think Biohazard or Bipolar.
GGA is basically synonymous with PPJ, 16 Bit, or Max.
When you go to south Florida, you can't take 3 steps without running into someone who plays Doomsday. Saturated field, and really Noobe is the household name. That showing at EVO and FR was pretty good exposure to where I could ask my non-gaming friends if they knew who he was and they would be able to tell me he was the rock-guy player.

Thats why I specifically said "Maybe this time it'll be different because F/T isn't very popular in South FL".

cR_whiteboi

Jobbers are mouthpieces for gods.
Its cool that you're 7th place, but I'm not referring to world recognition so much as like...
"Hey did you hear about that Doomsday who won the tournament in south FL?"
"Which one?"

That kind of recognition. I've already said you were a good player, but like when you think "Canadian Bane" you think Biohazard or Bipolar.
GGA is basically synonymous with PPJ, 16 Bit, or Max.
When you go to south Florida, you can't take 3 steps without running into someone who plays Doomsday. Saturated field.

Thats why I specifically said "Maybe this time it'll be different because F/T isn't very popular in South FL".
well that I can understand that's super true. But I'm referring to I'm no noobe.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
well that I can understand that's super true. But I'm referring to I'm no noobe.
I explained that in my post edit. His showings at EVO and FR kinda cemented him as a stand-out DD player, not necessarily "better" as "more recognizable". He had a strong break-away, though I heard you did well in MLG.

Like Grr had a break-away when he took that round off of KDZ's supes. Did that make him the best Bane? Not necessarily, but people knew who he was from then on. He was "The Bane that took the round".

Last edited: