What's new

IGN posts hands-on with new trailer!

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Does injustice has a defensive training mode? that allow us to record and setup strategies and learn to defend against them?

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
I don't get the two input methods. Surely its more then down forwards becomes down down/forward forward?
I don't get this, I mean, you could do that in MK, you could roll all the down forward movements already. Maybe the dude who did the interview was just confused.

I guess there could be like a MK style and SF style that changes all the inputs for everyone, but that seems kinda strange.

BigT

Noob
"ability to tag moves in the menu so they're permanently dispayed on-screen during a fight" - what's the point of that?
Sounds like it will help with training, so that you will not have to pause to look at control inputs for certain moves when learning a new character. Just sounds like another idea they implemented and it will be optional.

Dramatica

Forecast calls for missiles
Does injustice has a defensive training mode? that allow us to record and setup strategies and learn to defend against them?
Unfortunately, I highly doubt a feature like this would make it into the game. Too many variables involved when setting up an AI to do exactly what you want..

Online Practice mode is a big deal, even if the online is only a tad bit better than MK9's
Online practice mode is already 10x better than mk's. Even if the training mode has the same functionality, you can still have a training partner at any time which is really all you need for MK9's training mode.

Wouldn't complain if they buffed offline training mode though.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Unfortunately, I highly doubt a feature like this would make it into the game. Too many variables involved when setting up an AI to do exactly what you want..
huh?
Injustice doesn't have a record mode? it would be too bad to need a partner to practice setups again, even sf and ttt2 has record mode for defensive training.

trufenix

bye felicia
All it has to do is incorporate a halfway decent recording / playback feature and we can do most of this. If you combine it with MK9s ability to store multiple playbacks and (in a dream world, of course) set some sort of playlist to them you could effectively set up a danger room against your worst matchup and run through all their deadliest tricks.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
This goes to show that NRS is focused on making the best product they possibly can. Despite all the people that constantly predict the worst and sling mud at them, MK9 was a better fighting came than people care to admit, and they are working hard on removing the few things that were holding it back.

I don't know about you, but I'm becoming more and more excited for this game with each passing week. Congrats to Hector and Paulo for hanging tough and continuing to improve the game.

"ability to tag moves in the menu so they're permanently dispayed on-screen during a fight" - what's the point of that?

I'm liking the sound of injustice. It definitely sounds a lot better. Now the only thing I'm worried about is the wager system.
Casuals. Like really derp casuals, kind of like how they added a Fatality Tutorial. -.-.

shig

kool guy
I don't get this, I mean, you could do that in MK, you could roll all the down forward movements already. Maybe the dude who did the interview was just confused.

I guess there could be like a MK style and SF style that changes all the inputs for everyone, but that seems kinda strange.
What if Cyborg's close, mid and far missile are now the same input, like half circle forward, only with a different button.

AssassiN

Noob
They haven't confirmed nor denied it yet.
That was one of the biggest complaints and they have listened and implemented small complaints. So I'm not doubting them anymore, I had a few doubts but now it's all gone.

I'm so freaking excited for this game, it's gonna be off the hook!
So glad they started the marketing campaign now, it was a little bit overdue.

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
Pretty messed up that it might only get one shot--next year--to be at EVO. 2014 is the only EVO it has a shot at. New consoles probably revealed this E3. 2014 release, probably. 2015, probably MK 10.
I really hope the next gen consoles aren't released until late 2015.

trufenix

bye felicia
Its not like they're going to drop AE and MvC3 next year when Capcom doesn't port them to PS4 and X720, so current consoles is irrelevant. Smash (GC) and MLP (PC) are still in the running for 8th game, after all. And if Injustice is good, there's no reason it can't get a seat next to MK9 (or 10, if its somehow ready by then).

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
Its not like they're going to drop AE and MvC3 next year when Capcom doesn't port them to PS4 and X720, so current consoles is irrelevant. Smash (GC) and MLP (PC) are still in the running for 8th game, after all. And if Injustice is good, there's no reason it can't get a seat next to MK9 (or 10, if its somehow ready by then).
Great point man. I highly doubt a new MvC and SF game will be launched with the next gen consoles. Maybe SF actually.

Reedoms

Noob
So did anyone else notice Nightwing was in his red outfit and fighting Green Arrow? You never saw him at all with the Batman sections of this so I'm assuming he's gonna go with Supes.

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
NRS is taking "over the top" to every aspect of this game apparently. Holy cow what news!