What's new

IGN posts hands-on with new trailer!

AssassiN

Noob
IGN had a chance to play Injustice and the beginning part of the story.
They also posted a new trailer which shows new story parts, alternate costumes, new arena's and give a better idea who's on what side.

Check it out.

They also mention that you can choose between 2 styles of inputs: Mortal Kombat style or Street Fighter style!

If you enjoy Mortal Kombat’s traditional “down-forward-punch” style, you can stick with that, but if you prefer Street Fighter’s quarter-circle-oriented inputs, you can switch over to those instead.
Next to that they mention the fact that they added an online practice mode and be able to turn off environmental interactions:

The developers have also added a few other convenient touches like a two-player online practice mode, the ability to tag moves in the menu so they’re permanently displayed on-screen during a fight, and the option to turn off the interactive elements in the game’s environments.
STORMS

Credit goes to xFriction_Burnx.

AssassiN

Noob
Who's the guy that says "it's payback time" with the eye patch?

That trailer was DOPE!
I think that was Deathstroke.
Well, there is a little bit of Joker gameplay.

Noticed that Green Lantern has a yellow glow in certain parts of the trailer.
Interesting...

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
I get more and more and more excited for this game the more and more and more I hear about it...I AM GOING TO BE THE HAPPIEST MAN ALIVE COME APRIL 16/19!!

NKZero

Noob
It's nice that they gave an option to turn off the environmental stuff but at the same time I still believe the environment is an important part of the gameplay and the strategy behind positioning, allowing for greater depth, and as Boon likes to call it "over the top" action.

Anyways they're really listening to our requests and generally learning from all the mistakes they made with MK9. I cannot wait :)

trufenix

bye felicia
It's nice that they gave an option to turn off the environmental stuff but at the same time I still believe the environment is an important part of the gameplay and the strategy behind positioning, allowing for greater depth, and as Boon likes to call it "over the top" action.

Anyways they're really listening to our requests and generally learning from all the mistakes they made with MK9. I cannot wait :)
A year and lots of proof that they are necessary later, people are still bitching that they can't turn off gems in SFxT. At least this way, NRS gives the tourney crowd a chance to prove definitively how better (or worse) the game is with environments on.

Bi-on-iC

I'm innocent, I mean..not guilty.
"especially since Injustice features 33-percent more cinematic content than Mortal Kombat" SWEET!!!

"ability to tag moves in the menu so they're permanently dispayed on-screen during a fight" - what's the point of that?

I'm liking the sound of injustice. It definitely sounds a lot better. Now the only thing I'm worried about is the wager system.

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
Online practice mode? The ability to turn off environment effects, just in case? Controller/input options? Legit hit trades? Back to block? Man, I've really got to give it to NRS. They really do listen. Cheers!

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
"ability to tag moves in the menu so they're permanently dispayed on-screen during a fight" - what's the point of that?

I'm liking the sound of injustice. It definitely sounds a lot better. Now the only thing I'm worried about is the wager system.
The wager/clash thing can only be done once per match now. It kind of replaced breakers from MK9. So it's not too bad. They definitely toned it down after we all complained lol.

The wager/clash thing can only be done once per match now. It kind of replaced breakers from MK9. So it's not too bad. They definitely toned it down after we all complained lol.
I saw the thread for it but it was confusing. I'll have to reserve judgement for when the game comes out.

I mean I already pre-ordered it, so I'm stuck with it already. Unfortunately, I pre-ordered at small gameshop I go to that holds casuals for MK, so no pre-order costumes for me.