What's new

Guide "I Love My Job" -- Deathstroke General Discussion Thread

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Dammit I missed the arms house stream. What did I miss?
Deathstroke's machine gun hit Superman out of his armored super. His flip-kick launches and can be held for an effect not yet known. He has a crouching launcher. We didn't see much in the ways of combos though.

Lyuben

Sinestro's might!
Deathstroke looks like hes going to completely outclass someone like doomsday. Seems like each of his bullets takes out a piece of armour, making armour using characters easy money.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Deathstroke looks like hes going to completely outclass someone like doomsday. Seems like each of his bullets takes out a piece of armour, making armour using characters easy money.
Not to mention all the mix-ups it looks like he has. I'm gonna bet his low starter gets blown up on block though, hope it cancels into his overhead(which I also hope can be canceled out of.)

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
I see how are his pokes? whats the recovery like on his machine gun?
His pokes seem to be great, since his sword really extends his range, and the swipes cover from right in front of him to the area diagonally above and in front of him. Not to mention it looks like he can bust out quick low, medium, and high hits pretty easily. His gun recovery doesn't look fantastic, but they didn't really do any instant-air stuff, so I guess that's still to be determined. Honestly, the guy playing earlier did a lot more with him than the guy in this recent stream.

Reactions: RYX

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Yeah, it seems that way. When he interrupted Superman's and Wonder Woman's supers, it seemed like each super was able to eat about 3 hits before being blown up.

I$AAC

Noob
After watching the twitch stream I was very impressed. He has the same playstyle that Kano had before he was patched to all hell. He looks like he has good footsies and can zone with the best of them. His meter burn machine gun ends with a grenade which makes it look safe. His low to flip kick launcher looks like it has good range for footsies and at launch he can finish with his sword string for 30% and re-establish the distance game. We really didn't see any anti-airs but we did see supers get stuffed by his machine gun.

Also we didn't even take into account that he has his character trait that makes his gun attacks unblockable, but he looks like he has good enough footsies and anti-airs to where he's not totally fucked when his trait is in its cool down period.

KANO LIVES IN SLADE!!!!!!!

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
After watching the twitch stream I was very impressed. He has the same playstyle that Kano had before he was patched to all hell. He looks like he has good footsies and can zone with the best of them. His meter burn machine gun ends with a grenade which makes it look safe. His low to flip kick launcher looks like it has good range for footsies and at launch he can finish with his sword string for 30% and re-establish the distance game. We really didn't see any anti-airs but we did see supers get stuffed by his machine gun.

Also we didn't even take into account that he has his character trait that makes his gun attacks unblockable, but he looks like he has good enough footsies and anti-airs to where he's not totally fucked when his trait is in its cool down period.

KANO LIVES IN SLADE!!!!!!!
Yeah, I forgot about that Stryker-esque grenade toss. I'm hoping he's got that as a basic move.

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Anyone know if a screenshot of his move list exists anywhere?

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Hmm, I'm not liking the input for his Low Shot. That's going to take some getting used to.

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
I'm pretty sure these are the SF controls. They'd be really awkward on a pad either way.
I just mean the back-to-down motion is kind of unintuitive, whether it's using SF or MK inputs. Not a huge deal, and I'm sure with some practice it will become second nature, it just seems like an odd choice.

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Hmm, never knew this little tidbit:
Later that night, it was revealed that both Terra and Deathstroke conspired to fake the fight in a plot to infiltrate the team. It was also revealed that both shared an intimate relationship, despite Terra being fifteen years old.[1] The artist, George Pérez, noted that this constituted "statutory rape."[6]

Lyuben

Sinestro's might!
I'm really liking what I saw from the pax stream. Wasn't looking at deathstroke before, but I need that zoning in my life.
This game is very zoner friendly.

Some are pure projectile zoners, some are more subtle. I keep hearing Aquaman is a zoner but... I don't really see it.

Sinestro is supposedly like Kenshi and Dhalsim too.

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
So deathstroke is a zoner...

I noticed an instant air gun shot earlier.
His zoning seems very similar to Kabal's, with high/low/air projectiles, but he has angled shots as well. His machine gun also eats through armor, making it capable of interrupting supers.

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
I'm guessing with zoning that strong, he will be exploited up close, as it should be expected. But being deathstroke, I'm sure he will have some dirt.