What's new

Guide "I Love My Job" -- Deathstroke General Discussion Thread

IceNine

Tired, But Strong
If you can get a decent damage bread and butter off of one of his gun moves I'd say the risk:reward isn't exactly unfair, but that also depends heavily on the exact nature of the mechanics - how long the buff lasts (or how many shots) and how long the debuff lasts (or how many shots).

At the very least, it's interesting and I'm sure there'll be some impressive setups to arise from it.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Another thing to think about is how much damage his guns do and whether the "buff" reduces scaling. If he does some decent damage/can link multiple gun attacks into a string, this'll be a huge factor since he can activate his buff to finish a round with unblockable(and likely unbreakable from a distance) attacks, maybe even from full screen. (Sounds like top tier to me.)

Another thing I really want to know is if his guns can be cancelled like the Joker and Green Arrow can do with their projectiles. (I want to know if Cyborg can as well) This'll really open his zoning and footsies up(especially if he can activate the buff quickly enough in block-strings to abuse that for easy damage, or at least use it quickly enough to bait a counter-attack and punish accordingly.)

i love theories

RYX

BIG PUSHER
don't want to double post but since nobody else seems to have brought it up

Deathstroke looks stupid good with his zoning. He's got;
-Standing pistols
-Crouching pistols
-Air pistols
-Standing rifle
-AA rifle
EDIT
-Grenade launcher
-AA Grenade launcher
Those two are probably the non-enhanced moves of his rifle followed up by a grenade to the face, I have no idea about how far the grenade travels but it likely arcs to full-screen for the AA. Would be nice if grenade launch and AR fire were two separate moves to give him more zoning though.
/EDIT

we don't know how much any of these do yet since he's yet to be shown in any more than 1 video vs Batman and a trailer, neither of which were very revealing.

also he has what looks like a solid cross-up move with his sword, huge ass swing on it

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
don't want to double post but since nobody else seems to have brought it up

Deathstroke looks stupid good with his zoning. He's got;
-Standing pistols
-Crouching pistols
-Air pistols
-Standing rifle
-AA rifle
we don't know how much any of these do yet since he's yet to be shown in any more than 1 video vs Batman and a trailer, neither of which were very revealing.

also he has what looks like a solid cross-up move with his sword, huge ass swing on it
Been wanting to do this but was just too lazy. In the trailer, he has a string similar to Kenshi's F22 B1 and it seems to have corner potential as well as a GTFO me tool.

Reactions: RYX

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Been wanting to do this but was just too lazy. In the trailer, he has a string similar to Kenshi's F22 B1 and it seems to have corner potential as well as a GTFO me tool.
I'd like to do a breakdown but I want to see a newer version of his moves.

I think this character is definitely high tier. They'd have to really fuck up for him to not be good. We still haven't heard anything about him though, I don't know why. :(

KombatNerd

Justice 4 Firestorm
All of those gun shots will make people work to get in on him and have to take a lot of chip or unblockable shots for however long it lasts with his gimmick. Makes me wonder how his up close game is.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
All of those gun shots will make people work to get in on him and have to take a lot of chip or unblockable shots for however long it lasts with his gimmick. Makes me wonder how his up close game is.
it doesn't look like he has really long (meterless) combos, he probably relies on wall bounce and meter burn more than others to get big damage(I'm just assuming since we have no idea how much this stuff does anyway), a lot like Cyborg seems so far, and very similar to Noob(all his combos throw them really far back)

RYX

BIG PUSHER
...Actually, it seems like he has more gun-related specials. Judging from his trailer, he has two different pistol shots(standing); one sounds distinctly different and it SEEMS like it shoots faster. He also has an anti-air grenade launcher(?) as a standalone, so they could be two separate moves.(Unless that's the meter burn) In which case he likely has a similar move vs grounded opponents. I wish we had a picture of his moves list since we're not getting anything else. :(

PizzaMasta

Hellblazer
About the gun shots, I think the ''faster'' one is simply the meter burn, where it shoots a lot more bullets for more damage and easy keepaway.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
About the gun shots, I think the ''faster'' one is simply the meter burn, where it shoots a lot more bullets for more damage and easy keepaway.
No, one's a quick two shots. The other is still two shots but the second seems to come out slower. They sound very different.

PizzaMasta

Hellblazer
No, one's a quick two shots. The other is still two shots but the second seems to come out slower. They sound very different.
Wait, I'm going to go and listen to it again, I thought you were talking about the extended pistol shot but I never noticed what you're talking about.

EDIT: I don't really see any clear difference... damn, we need more Deathstroke gameplay/info.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Well fuck, I can't find a point to cross-reference :(

EDIT: One of the meter burns comes out faster and it does sound different. I noticed around 49? Seconds the other MB he takes a split second to pull it out. Just a bit slower unless it can be stalled(doubtful but oh my god that'd be amazing)

Maybe I'm just driving myself nuts but I swear it was either in his reveal or vs Batman he had two different sounding standing gunshots.

I$AAC

Noob
This was from the French website I had my girlfriend translate

Deathstroke: he's pretty much the best zoner in the game next to ( and possibly better than) Arrow. He has guns, machine guns, anti air rocket launchers and grenade launchers. She says that his damage output up close is pretty average compared to the rest of the roster but he can keep you out with gun attacks and anti air with rockets and sword attacks. Spiral sword is not an anti air, but another sword attack of his is!

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Deathstroke looks like he has a lot of launchers and what looks like a really good AA.

I am pleased.

OOOH, FLIP KICK charges! :D

MG shot out Superman's armor. top 5

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Holy crap, just watched a few Deathstroke matches, and he's looking incredible! Got a quick overhead that bounces, a quick standing low, an aerial spinning sword attack similar to Vergil's Lunar Phase from UMvC3, insane zoning, and awesome range on his normals. He knocked Supes out of his super from just outside sweep distance using his assault rifle. I'm still considering Catwoman and Bane (we really need some more Bane footage), but so far Deathstroke has been by far the most impressive character I've seen, and is a heavy contender for my day 1 main.