What's new

I am scared that I like females (MKX)

Ok. I am really liking Cassie Cage, but I kind of want to play top tier in MKX if possible. Let's break down the top 5 characters in the 2 most recent NRS games.

MK9
Kabal, Kenshi, Cyrax, Sonya, Freddy (or Kung Lao depending on who you talk to)

Injustice
MMH, Aquaman, Zod, Sinestro, Batgirl (or flash, or some people might have other male characters in the top 5 discussion, but Batgirl is the only female to be in the discussion.

So both games had only 1 female in the top 5. Also both MK9 and Injustice had 2 male characters that were also considered in the broke tier or S+ tier.

MK9
Kabal, Kenshi

Injustice
MMH, Aquaman

Why are there not many females in the top 5 for NRS games? Why has there never been a broke tier female character? Is it just a simple matter of math? Since there are less female characters there is less of a chance of making top 5. Or are the male characters actually better. Can someone from the sisterhood maybe come in here and assuage my anxiety. Or if you like girls are you just doomed to be mid-low tier?

E

Eldriken

Statistical probability.
Injustice has 30 characters, 7 of them females. 7/30 = 0.23 which is close to 1/4 or 1/5. So having one female character in the top 5 is quite normal.
MK9 has 32 characters, 7 of them females. 7/32 = 0.219 which is also close to 1/5. Same thing.
/clap

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Only one game had a top tier robot.

Androgynous-hood halp
I heed your call, do you really chalk up the moniker of "Man of STEEL" as a coincidence, insolent bastard?

You see, the Grandmaster's vision is proven in raw absolutes, we need not the peer-pressure matchup charts that Aquaman and Kenshi were subjected to.

KillaGthug4Life

Believe in Magic yet? Let us Dance
Lets all hope that Mileena is one broke bitch then, or Kitana.

Traditionally in these games the female characters are more based around deception and tricks (creative zoning, focusing on mind games to break down their opponent more so than via game play), or just straight up rush down. We haven't come across many absolutely godlike female zoners.

More a masculinity thing of appealing to the greater player community tbh.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
It's just probability. Don't worry though, since there's less of us we typically are inspired to be the best players and out play the male characters. So if you join the sisterhood you'll be more motivated and play better.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
Um... Aquaman is not considered in the broken tier alongside MMH. Heck MMH isn't really considered broken in practice considering he requires a LOT of on point technical skill to use. He's only broke in the lab or on paper when its not clutch judging from tourney numbers and players trying to use him consistently.

I've honestly heard more folks arguing to claim Batgirl or Zod was broken than Aquaman. Trident Rush chip is universally reviewed as dumb though.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Um... Aquaman is not considered in the broken tier alongside MMH. Heck MMH isn't really considered broken in practice considering he requires a LOT of on point technical skill to use. He's only broke in the lab or on paper when its not clutch judging from tourney numbers and players trying to use him consistently.

I've honestly heard more folks arguing to claim Batgirl or Zod was broken than Aquaman. Trident Rush chip is universally reviewed as dumb though.