What's new

How unsafe is Reptile's Dash?

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Does anyone know how many frames Reptile is vulnerable for after his dash is blocked?

I have a REALLY hard time punishing it with Kitana, but that could be that her fastest move is not comboable (d1 @ 6 frames), and her fastest comboable move is standing 2 (11 frames), and throw which is 10 frames.

I don't even bother trying to do anything about it online lol

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
It probably is about -12. That, or you probably exit blockstun earlier than we believe.

i think what they did in the last fix was to nerf the blockstun on a block dash but they did not add more recover to the dash so now you just have to react as fast as you can before you had to react fast and do some timing as well because of the blockstun the move had.

in other words reptile is at a bigger dissadvantage now on block because you are out of the blockstun faster but you still have the same time to react to a block dash

colt

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
his dash has 36 recovery frames.
21 frames of block hit.
so 15 frame disadvantage.
Rep's dash has 5 start up frames.

Somberness

Lights
his dash has 36 recovery frames.
21 frames of block hit.
so 15 frame disadvantage.
Rep's dash has 5 start up frames.
If you give us the frame data I will tell you a bug that is still in the game and I have not seen mention of it anywhere. ;)

I came to the Reptile section looking for tips for this exact problem!! Konqrr I'm a Kitana main myself. What I found effective is keeping fans in Reptile's face the entire match. It comes down to input timing, if you think his dash is coming, throw a fan. If you're in a danger zone, square wave out of it. At some point he should get impatient and that leaves openings for other combos. When you get in his dash range, start throwing out d+1 as that will poke him out of the dash. Usually makes Reptile hesitant to dash in because he'll keep eating knife pokes. Plus it's a very safe move.

I'll be checking back, I need to learn this matchup and Kano's the most, they give me the most trouble.

Lyuben

Sinestro's might!
I find it annoying how it is so quick. It should have more start up frames to be frank, It can punish the smallest of things that are half a screen away it seems. Blocking it seems fine, its just too fast on startup.

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
Does anyone know how many frames Reptile is vulnerable for after his dash is blocked?

I have a REALLY hard time punishing it with Kitana, but that could be that her fastest move is not comboable (d1 @ 6 frames), and her fastest comboable move is standing 2 (11 frames), and throw which is 10 frames.

I don't even bother trying to do anything about it online lol
I can punish it offline with fast normals or the fastest specials, that goes without saying.

But online, I will always punish with a throw, they are usually holding block 9times out of 10 when they dash is blocked, so I never get my grab broken.

Have you tried to punish it with a throw?

hardwire

Noob
I can punish it offline with fast normals or the fastest specials, that goes without saying.

But online, I will always punish with a throw, they are usually holding block 9times out of 10 when they dash is blocked, so I never get my grab broken.

Have you tried to punish it with a throw?
wanna know what happens when you try to throw it

your eating an elbo

the move is broken offline and online

now that ive fought an offline reptile player i can say that with all confidence reptiles dash is broken as hell

any one that trys to beat me down like last time is a flaming raging fan boy and guess what the rest of the mk comunity is starting to agree with me so like smokes otg smoke bomb your dash is about to be gone

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
I would settle for chip damage into some sort of mixup over a cr 1 if it's possible. I don't know anything about kitana but I'm sure that would probably be a better/more damaging option.

yeah with kitana i can punish the move on block with down-1 and go for 2% damage :LOLOLOLOLOL:

i try throw as well, but since the reptil player predict my throws, he could tech them, online!

also funny: i play yesterday a very good reptile, i just runaway and throw fans, then he lost, and wrote me a mail "hey fuck noob, you only spam fans, lern the game" :D
reptile owns kitana online :(

Albo

Noob
i have a very hard time punishing the dash even with raidens superman, but then again i'm playing online. just earlier i was playing agaisnt an advanced reptile player and i know i have above average reactions but he always manages to block right after i block his dash so after i superman or low poke he blocks and i am punished with a full combo. like i said though maybe this may not be not the case offline.

PND OmegaK

Drunk and Orderly

now that ive fought an offline reptile player i can say that with all confidence reptiles dash is broken as hell

any one that trys to beat me down like last time is a flaming raging fan boy and guess what the rest of the mk comunity is starting to agree with me so like smokes otg smoke bomb your dash is about to be gone

Why does most people's definiton of broken seem to be 'I dont want to learn to deal with this so I'll whine and hopefully get netherrealm to do it for me'.

retic

Noob
I recall a KL player always manages to nail me with a full combo that starts with a 1 if he blocks my elbow dash. A Scorp player online managed to pull off a 3, 3 -> spear combo after blocking a dash. Don't know my frames/Kitana, but if she has a combo starter/move (ANY move) that moves as fast as the moves I indicated above, that should help.

I think the original intent of this thread was asking, "What can my Character (OP plays Kitana) do to punish this move", who finds that all he usually seems to get is d1.

If you happen to play a character that significantly punishes the command dash and are reliably punishing it, then more power to you.

As it stands regardless, most Reptiles that know what they're doing will space the dash to end right in front of you or cover the recovery frames by dashing behind a slow orb. The only real opportunity i've found where Reptile players might use the command dash in an unsafe situation would be after i've knocked them down (and I know this whole sentence right here is common knowledge, just stating the obvious).

Also to Colt: Where are you getting frame data information that also includes hit stun, block stun, recovery frames?

UsedForGlue

your eating an elbo

Thats strange, I punish it every time with a throw or uppercut.

Just waiting to see what Konqrr thinks about trying for a throw.

UsedForGlue

your eating an elbo

Here is the video of me showing how punishable reptiles dash is.

I get reptile to dash and block, leaving a throw wide open, if reptile double dashes, he might break the throw.

But Kitana's 2 1 2 string punishes the dash, and if you get the punish wrong, the 212 is still safe and reptile can't count punish your punish.

I held the iPhone with my left hand and performed the punishes with my right hand, so If I can do this with one hand then I think you might do better with two.

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
The window is there, however the trainer, and online are both crap. So, actually becoming fluent in punishing it, will be a bit of a challenge. Hopefully this petition takes off and that trainer will be fixed in the future, though.

One can hope!

UsedForGlue

Well, the 212 string is the best bet, it will connect on a crouched unblocking and blocking reptile, it will interupt the second dash, and if the 212 string is blocked, its safe.