What's new

Question How to not be a reactive player?

akaidon

Noob
Hunter is rush down. If you are going to play defensively just play HQT. You should have at least one rush down character in your arsenal though.
Who is considered the most simple rush down character right now? In terms of ease of bnbs, reversals, etc

Bad Genez

Green
I may be late to the party, but I read that you don't wanna stick with Quan, and then shortly after you said you wanted a more offense based character and my brain shut down for a second.

If offense is your preference, for God's sake DO NOT DROP QUAN. I'll let a more studied Quan player elaborate as to why (if anyone would like to volunteer) but I can tell you now that if you're looking to control space and the pace of a match, Quan Chi is the one pale bastard you want in your corner.

Kingshootahz

Ain't nobody trilla than shootah.
Who is considered the most simple rush down character right now? In terms of ease of bnbs, reversals, etc
Uhh, kung jin Bojutsu, liu kang flame fist dragon fire, kotal kahn war god,scorpion any variation, goro dragon fangs, Mileena ravenous these are just my opinion of easy to use, easy to rush down and easy to punish with characters and variations.

Last edited:

gam224

The world's least hype player
Probably either cryomancer sub but I can help you with any character on ps4. Some more rush down characters include jacqui,jax(very difficult character), cassie, sonya and, Johnny cage

akaidon

Noob
I may be late to the party, but I read that you don't wanna stick with Quan, and then shortly after you said you wanted a more offense based character and my brain shut down for a second.

If offense is your preference, for God's sake DO NOT DROP QUAN. I'll let a more studied Quan player elaborate as to why (if anyone would like to volunteer) but I can tell you now that if you're looking to control space and the pace of a match, Quan Chi is the one pale bastard you want in your corner.
I'm saying that with Quan or really just myself in general, I get pressured into turtling, I'm looking to balance it out more, or find a character that literally plays by being super defensive. Quan in my mind is pretty much get your offense started or die in the corner

akaidon

Noob
Probably either cryomancer sub but I can help you with any character on ps4. Some more rush down characters include jacqui,jax(very difficult character), cassie, sonya and, Johnny cage
If you can get on right now that'd be great. My PSN is Akaidon

gam224

The world's least hype player
I can't right this minute. I will be free in an hour or so my username is gam2442

akaidon

Noob
Uhh, kung kin?
His whole theme and stuff just doesn't appeal to me. I get he's a pretty strong/easy character and stuff but I just don't like him. If it really comes down to it I'll give him a go again for a week or so. Thanks for the suggestion

Kingshootahz

Nah jax isn't difficult, if my weak ass can main him anyone can. And I just picked up high tech jacqui for more rush down shenanigans.

Bad Genez

Green
I'm saying that with Quan or really just myself in general, I get pressured into turtling, I'm looking to balance it out more, or find a character that literally plays by being super defensive. Quan in my mind is pretty much get your offense started or die in the corner
Quan now having a 6 frame d1 should help change that outlook on him. He's got a viable poke out of pressure now, coupled with all his other tools he's a legitimate threat on both sides of the spectrum.

Kingshootahz

How do you consistently do ex overhead dash punch into forward 21
When he blinks or shines white I immediately input the run into f21. Takes some practice but then again my bnbs consist of 123 rc 123 blah blah ex dp f21

Bojutsu Kung Jin if you're looking for simple, or you can also go for Reptile, the new patch made him much better. Outlaw Erron Black is very good, just gotta get that punch rush string consistent and you're pretty much golden.

Then you got your more "difficult: characters, mostly run cancel ones, so if you're ok with that you can go with Jax, Johnny, D'Vorah (Swarm Queen) and Cassie (Hollywood mainly, but her others are good too).

Then you got ones like Tanya (Kobu Jutsu), Ermac (Master of Souls) who's more of a 50/50 but he's still pretty rushdown, at least imo. Kung Lao (Tempest or Buzz Saw), Sonya (Covert Ops) and Raiden (Thunder God).

Most of these characters are "rushdown", some pressure, others are 50/50's, it's up to you really what you want to go for.

Kingshootahz

Well since we are on the subject of competitive gaming me and a friend of mine mostly play online but would love to find more people who wanna compete but online is their only option:p