What's new

How "Salty" have you ever gotten?

ArsonX

Noob
People like this are constantly hurting themselves and putting others in danger as well...not everyone should play competitive games. Right now,I'm trying to be as calm as I can...I don't really like to talk about my experiences. If someone goes to insane lengths which can endanger themselves or others because of a stupid loss,they should stop playing competitive games. But it applies to every aspect of life,not just games...and I believe that those with huge anger issues need to seek help. What will that person do if he loses a tournament? I don't think anyone would feel comfortable playing offline with a psychopath. I wish for people to not be so angry,hateful,envious...sad thing is its probably inborn. It can only be controlled ,but never removed. It never helps to tell someone to stop...never

D

Deleted member 35141

People like this are constantly hurting themselves and putting others in danger as well...not everyone should play competitive games. Right now,I'm trying to be as calm as I can...I don't really like to talk about my experiences. If someone goes to insane lengths which can endanger themselves or others because of a stupid loss,they should stop playing competitive games. But it applies to every aspect of life,not just games...and I believe that those with huge anger issues need to seek help. What will that person do if he loses a tournament? I don't think anyone would feel comfortable playing offline with a psychopath. I wish for people to not be so angry,hateful,envious...sad thing is its probably inborn. It can only be controlled ,but never removed. It never helps to tell someone to stop...never
So since I hurt my wall and controller once 6 years ago im a psychopath, damn it don't tell my wife and son

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
I was a very angry when I was younger, I remember when playing Black Ops I was on a 65 killstreak and died once I threw my game case at the wall and it stuck lol and I threw my controller out the window.
That was the last time I touched a COD game.
Fighting games wise I cant really say a get mad at them
A 65 kill streak?? Where you spawn trapping in Nuketown against noobs whilst having the host connection or where you playing against bots? :p

ArsonX

Noob
So since I hurt my wall and controller once 6 years ago im a psychopath, damn it don't tell my wife and son
No,this is nothing . If punching a wall makes you feel better,then you are lucky. I am talking about people who hurt others because of this,and have issues with losing. I know what I'm talking about,there are people who would literally kill because of a loss. Punching a wall is not worth mentioning. Its nothing

D

Deleted member 35141

A 65 kill streak?? Where you spawn trapping in Nuketown against noobs whilst having the host connection or where you playing against bots? :p
It was actually firing range, no bots lol, I was very much a spawn trapper though

SLy

Noob
I once looked up in the sky and said "Why the fuck am I getting hit with that Bullshit".... Then got hit with it again because I was already angry lol. good times.

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
Just because someone gets a little more angrier than others doesn't mean that they're a psychopath. The vast majority of people that get angry don't turn into hulk-mimicking rage machine that wrecks everything. Anger is an emotion and it's natural to feel it when you lose at something, people aren't emotionless but people have different thresholds for when a certain emotion is triggered. I play offline all the time, I don't get super salty - I travelled to a place knowing that I wouldn't be the best and got my assed whooped and didn't get angry. I would never hit someone, or break something that isn't mine.
We're talking about normal salt here, not people with a serious mental health issue. If someone is going to kill because of a loss then they have an issue and it should have been dealt with a while ago.

It was actually firing range, no bots lol, I was very much a spawn trapper though
I did the same thing man, I was the guy in a team with people assigned to do different stuff, haha. Then I was the solo pub stomper, running around with the best guns/setup haha :p Ah, the good old days... God I hate those game!

True Grave

Giving The Gift Of Graves
That person might need medical attention...urgently
The Marines declared him clinically sane. He just has a temper when it comes to video games. Any LoL player could vouch for that. I am thankful to have overcome that demon. Now on to the next...

ArsonX

Noob
Just because someone gets a little more angrier than.thers doesn't mean that they're a psychopath. The vast majority of people that get angry don't turn into hulk-mimicking rage machine that wrecks everything. Anger is an emotion and it's natural to feel it when you lose at something, people aren't emotionless but people have different thresholds for when a certain emotion is triggered. I play offline all the time, I don't get super salty - I travelled to a place knowing that I wouldn't be the best and got my assed whooped and didn't get angry. I would never hit someone, or break something that isn't mine.
We're talking about normal salt here, not people with a serious mental health issue. If someone is going to kill because of a loss then they have an issue and it should have been dealt with a while ago.

I did the same thing man, I was the guy in a team with people assigned to do different stuff, haha. Then I was the solo pub stomper, running around with the best guns/setup haha :p Ah, the good old days... God I hate those game!
Agreed completely...it matters alot more how the person takes a loss than how it actually is.
Just because someone gets a little more angrier than others doesn't mean that they're a psychopath. The vast majority of people that get angry don't turn into hulk-mimicking rage machine that wrecks everything. Anger is an emotion and it's natural to feel it when you lose at something, people aren't emotionless but people have different thresholds for when a certain emotion is triggered. I play offline all the time, I don't get super salty - I travelled to a place knowing that I wouldn't be the best and got my assed whooped and didn't get angry. I would never hit someone, or break something that isn't mine.

JDM

Noob
Saltiest i ever got was against an online player named MarvelousPhoenix.

The Game was umvc3 and he played Hulk Dorm Phoenix. Hulk is a very easy to use brain dead character that is better online by a good margin. I was actually pretty decent at the game at the time but i couldn't beat him online. The lag made everything that much harder to punish amd i couldn't get a win. He probably 5-6 streaked me before i had to leave. The guy was the most flowchart, terrible player I've ever lost to. I have nothing against him btw but his game play.

I was so salty that it actually made me mad irl. For About two days. I didn't play the game at all

Good thing is, months later we played after i leveled up big time and crushed him horribly. To this day though i still hate hulk.

Mr Aquaman

Armored Launcher
Administrator
Premium Supporter
YEEEEEESSSSS
Okay so let me tell the tale of the salt that flowed from the waters of Atlantis on this day.

After proceeding to lose in GF 3-1 2-3

I hopped off stage only to find someone I hate standing next to me, one snide remark later and I don't even remember it. I just remember his face. And I Exploded. I unleashed a shit storm of insults, called him skillless, fat, and proceeded to end with him having a small manhood. Much more vulgar though. At the end I threw a chair across the venue. Not hitting him in the face only because I didn't wanna get DQ'd, I was in GF of ultra teams. I then went over to play my GF match in ultra. It was down to both teams final player, me vs some guy. I lost by a hit 1-2. I saw the same guy again, snapped again with some other vulgar language, i then tossed another chair across the venue.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
My biggest gaming rage was not a fighting game... it was F-Zero on the SNES. Anyone who has seriously played that game knows that the AI on the hardest difficulty level was stupid cheap and you could never get a big lead on them and they always were behind you no matter what car you had and how fast you were going. I had enough after touching a wall and getting passed right before the finish line on the last lap and threw my controller at the TV as hard as I could... well the controller and the TV broke. I have never been more pissed (salty) about a video game in my life.

The crazy thing is that to this day I am not upset even a little about the broken TV because it was justified lol

Hades

Noob
I discovered new depths of the salt mine a few years ago when i was trying to finish dead space 2 on hardcore mode. I made the dumb decision of trying to get as far as i could before i used the first save and got like 3 hours in. I was so confident i was going to do it i sprinted in and forgot one of those necromorphs that have the sack arms spawns behind you. All i heard was it's yell before i got instantly killed by it.

After that i went outside and stared at the garden for an hour thinking about what i'd done and thinking how much of a fuckwit i was. My favourite game i've ever played but i havn't touched it again since that moment.