What's new

How "Salty" have you ever gotten?

Gamer68

Fujin!
So I decided to make this thread to admit a time when I got really salty... Like Really salty. And maybe this thread will allow someone else to admit a time when they got salty as well...

About 2 years ago I was playing Injustice: Gods Among Us. The game had only been out for about a month. I had never really played fighting games competitively before. I normally just played them offline; if I did ever get online it was just to play a couple matches or something. But with Injustice, I wanted to change that. I really wanted to start playing competitively more, so I played online A LOT. Of course, since I never played ANY fighting game competitively before, and Injustice had only been out for like a month; I sucked at the game.

I had more losses than wins. Like WAY more losses that wins... I think my Win-Rate was only like 40% or something. Well anyway; One day I got online, and I fought a bunch of people, but I lost to most of them (if not all). I had like a 10-Match loss streak. And if I remember right, everyone that I had fought was playing as Superman a was going full-zoning on me (remember, I wasn't good at this game really. There was NO WAY I was going to out-zone or rush-down Superman). So I got pretty frustrated, but I kept playing. I came across this one guy who finally didn't play as Superman, but instead, Ares. I remember that the guy's name was "EMPEROR" something.

So I played like 5 matches with him or something; and each match I lost. These boosted my loss-streak to like 15 losses. The guy was REALLY good. He had some crazy set-ups and combos, and he was playing full rush-down. Again he was really, really good (or at least compared to me). So I got even more frustrated than I already was; I felt like I would never win. I think we played another match together, and in that match I noticed something; he had a pattern. He would do something, then afterwards would go into a combo, which would end up being the same combo.

Well, instead of trying to adapt, the frustration got to me and got super annoyed. I rage-quit the match, and claimed that... *sigh*... he was "Spamming combos". The guy pointed out everything wrong that I was doing, but instead of learning, I only got more annoyed. I ignored the facts he pointed out, and challenged him to a re-match. He got pretty upset at me, told me to get the **** off his TV screen, declined the fight, and ignored me (like what any person should do). The salt didn't end there, though. I started training a bunch, and fighting online even more. I started to get good a combos, a finding and punishing patterns (after a few matches), and I was started to learn how to do mix-ups often. That sounds like I got better right? Well, when it came to being good at fighting and learning; yes, I wasn't the best, but yes. But I would get pissed if anyone played zoning. Zoning was one of the things I couldn't beat; I just couldn't get past all the projectiles. I would claim that the reason I hated zoning was because it was "cheap" ("give me a real fight!"), but really, deep-down, it was just because I couldn't beat them. And that would turn into a large loss-streak, which means frustration, and well, you know what that means...

You could say I got pretty salty.... But that only lasted for a while. I stopped that, and I guess "grew up"? I finally got the mindset I needed; play the game, don't get upset. Now I try to play with challenge; both offline and online. Rather it's playing with only high-level players, or playing against the AI on Extreme/Very Hard, etc. With Mortal Kombat X coming out, I can't help but to get excited that it will be my first true step into competitive play. I want to pick apart everything; the characters, the modes. I want to unlock everything, complete everything, I want to earn every trophy, I want to rank-up to the max. I want to get better; and never stop getting better. I want to play with everyone I can... No matter how many losses I get along the way.

Well that's my story. Have you ever gotten really salty?

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
Well I was playing FIFA 13 one time, and I was dominating. I had like 70% possession and hella shots on target, but it was just one of those games where nothing goes in. 90th minute comes now and the opponent gets his first corner and heads the ball in. I was so salty I threw my controller down and kinda messed up the L1 button, which makes doing supers kinda awkward.

That was like 2 years ago though. Now whenever I get super salty I just sit back and get hella emo for the next 10 minutes while I think about what I could've done. Although the salt is different when I play fighting games to the salt when I play other games. It's more of a chilled out salt.

ATP2014

The best mediocre Batman
I was playing the Doomsday mirror match with @Pnut . Score was 2-2, both of us had a pixel and I had a bar while he didn't. I did MB Shoulder expecting the chip win and said out loud "You're done". He did Supernova, we traded and he won. Only time I ever dropped my stick/pad out of sheer disbelief.

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
Play against pre patch Superman with Ares...the salt levels will go through the roof in no time.

Fractured_Shadow

Really likes to throw things at you.
Ahhhh the rage against zoning at it's finest. All that was missing from that story was for the OP to go on a crusade against the "overpowered" zoning and demand NRS for pointless nerfs

Brutal Chimney

vaporus punching bag
last year i was playing Naruto Ninja storm against a friend. i was already pretty upset that it was pretty much the only "fighter" they would take remotely seriously when i had trying to get them to play me competitively for awhile now. but that on top of the easy escape logs, combined with the fact my friend chose Asuma who can increase his range, then purposely picked a stage that made it near impossible to see the range increase,and i was more than a little irritated by the end of it. all the while muttering how cheap, broken , and shitty this game they were making me play was.

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
Salty enough to use vulgar language, but that's about it. Never broke anything or sent cry baby hate mail. People like that have to get a grip man.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Playing a guys Lars in T6:BR one time I got so frustrated at his bs prepatch U/F3 that I yanked my controller out of the slot and pulled it so hard while yelling like a maniac. Messed up the charge cord completely.

I have a friend, my main friend I play fighters with, once got SO salty in UMvC3 that he literally ripped his PS3 out the stand and threw it on the ground. Then he proceeded to kick it and spit on it. There were like 4 of us in the house looking at each other trying not to laugh, and needless to say it was an awkward moment lol.

True Grave

Giving The Gift Of Graves
Throwing a controller and breaking it. Also lots of swearing and yelling, but I'm calm now. Maybe a little too much now lol.

Although, when I was younger my little brother punched me in the face because I wouldn't let him win. We were playing MK2 on SEGA.

Brutal Chimney

vaporus punching bag
Salty enough to use vulgar language, but that's about it. Never broke anything or sent cry baby hate mail. People like that have to get a grip man.
oddly enough despite playing games famed for causing people to rage ive never damaged my equipment in anger and could never understand the people that do. i get the need to hit something but its like come on dude that's wasting money, hit your thigh or something you're that pissed

Well, about 1 or 2 years ago, I was playing some MK9 online at dawn, then I came across this person, he wasn't very good, and I used to only care for jump-in combos in that time, so I won about 4 matches doing stupid jump-in combos, and then he picked Noob Saibot and started to zoning with the shadows, and then I lost that match and he leaves.

Later on, he sends me a message saying something like: "All the videos you saw on youtube didn't served for shit"
That was like a knife straight to my heart lol, I was really salty, I tried to do a rematch with him but he just declined.

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
After sitting down and reading about things I couldn't beat, I learned how to counter them - I don't get salty anymore (UNLESS IT'S A STUPID INPUT ERROR THAT I DIDN'T MAKE). When I got mad at the game, I didn't have actual fundamentals... I just jumped in and didn't respect the advantage in frames my opponent had, I didn't whiff punish unless it's really obvious and I was really scrubby. Once I sat down, read the footsies hand guide about 30 times, watched examples of pure footsie based matches, and tried to learn/level up - I stopped being mad. If I got mixed up or baited, I just said to myself "Good play, man" and respected that I got outplayed and that I can try again after being punished. So yeah, this is the old me, 10 months ago (ish):
http://testyourmight.com/threads/nobody-gets-as-f-angry-at-games-as-me.43158/

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
Winning a match vs team Devil May Stride (Dante/Vergil/Strider) in its early days with my Modok/Iron Fist/ Sentinel early attempts at an Iron Fist team...well...almost. I lost due to timer and lag. Comes down to Sentinel and out of nowhere it gets laggy and I drop my unfly. They punish and time out win then talk like they were the greatest fucking player ever. For real? I'm using a team with both Iron Fist and Modok and you troll I'm trash because I drop a fly/unfly due to lag spike with Sentinel? You're playing a team with two fucking anchors and some of the most bullshit full screen setups in the game. I'm playing a zoner with rising fang and drones and you can't win without lag spike when you got Strider assist to shutdown my airdash pressure and zoning? You can't win without lag spike when you play a team that can prevent any jump ins from Iron Fist as well as rushdown due to Strider assist and Jam Session when your Vergil was in?

Dude wouldn't rematch and taunts me as an ass player. At least I played a team that took fucking skill...still salty over that douchebag. ):C

Thing is...this is most of what I felt in Marvel. The community was so aggressive about talking shit at you and no one played anything but the most bullshit teams they could find. Its like no one even dared to just try to find something different to maximize characters because they'd rather all ride what ever was streamed that looked easy. Hell folks claimed Strange was ass and Phoenix was "freenix" in its early days. Community was just so shit about parroting and talking down to anyone they could. Thats why I like it here...we try to support people playing the full roster and we actively try to figure out how to make characters work in every matchup here. Over there I can't tell you how many times they said the solution was "pick a top tier and shutup". Its like you weren't allowed to like characters...only winning. guh...sorry...still kind of pissy at Marvel. I revisited it last night at a local and it was like taking a long slow drink of shit and choking on how messed up everything was.

Last edited:

Macdaddy

STEAM: Bloodychaos2 XBOX: Macdaddy256969
I get so fucking salty online when someone does the most retarded shit but because of online lag it makes it viable. I get soooo fucking salty if I lose to that garbage.

D

Deleted member 35141

I was a very angry when I was younger, I remember when playing Black Ops I was on a 65 killstreak and died once I threw my game case at the wall and it stuck lol and I threw my controller out the window.
That was the last time I touched a COD game.
Fighting games wise I cant really say a get mad at them