What's new

How does the Kommunity feel about coaching?

How do you feel about coaching during offline tournaments?

• It's up to the player to know his/her matchups, its 1v1 not 1v1 and his matchup police..

Votes: 7 19.4%
  • Less chance of catching an opponent off guard with a match up or tech they are unaware of.

Votes: 3 8.3%
  • Yelling at your team mate from the crowd is one thing, but coming on stage/to the set up?..

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Not a big deal at all...

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • I couldn't care less.

Votes: 8 22.2%

• Total voters
I don't like it personally. It would annoy me as the other player to sit there and wait while my opponent talks to someone and stalls the match. I don't really know if it should be banned, but I like leaving things up to the player to make their own adjustments.

Plus if both players are listening to 1 person coaching, it can create new problems within the meta game since you won't 100% know if the person being coached is going to adjust do the advice they were given.

Also, LBSH it just looks shady or something when it is caught on stream for whatever reason.
I agree. It is really annoying and insulting to me to set there as someone tells my opponent something they may not have noticed themselves. I'm playing you, not him.

#IamMuffinMuggers

Coaching is great. Perhaps to appease both sides of the argument, a time-limit could be implemented? It'd be quite hard to enforce, but it's wishful thinking.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Not gonna lie..... if someone hopped up to tell my opponent something they aren't seeing..... i'm going to simply and not nicely yell "GO BACK TO CANADA!!!" until they leave.

Flagg

Noob
Streamers should not be shouting at players, in fact SHOUTING at people in the middle of a match is really bad sportsmanship.

However, I think having mini time outs and people getting a 30 second word in the ear is fine.

Vagrant

Noob
I love coaching. Reminds me of boxing man, Where you go a few rounds with you're opponent and you have someone in you're corner pointing stuff out, telling you what to change, adjust, work on etc. I think it adds a whole new layer to competitive fighting games. I'm sure there will be people who take it to a level of obnoxiousness and disruption though... And then we'll spend hours arguing about it here.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
It's fine. We did it all at MLG Columbus and the only thing we were asked to do was not be on the stage.

Boxing and MMA do it...it's not a much different premise, tbh.

People who get anus hurt about it are the ones who don't have coaches.

I like how the MK community try to act like elitists. Its cute.

GGA soonk

ĜĞÅ §ººñ|<®©™
I remember you screaming tips to Moe while I played him at seasons beatings, while you were commentating. I think that is ridiculous.

#IamMuffinMuggers
Sorry. I agree, there should be a line drawn. I don't remember doing it, but if you said I did it then I probably did. Won't happen again from me.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
What do people think about the new tech I have come up with to combat coaching by yelling DIVE KICK over and over again while the other player is trying to coach someone lol

What do people think about the new tech I have come up with to combat coaching by yelling DIVE KICK over and over again while the other player is trying to coach someone lol
I approve. Will you be my coach, as I can't yell all that loud.

#IamMuffinMuggers

GGA soonk

ĜĞÅ §ººñ|<®©™
Well shit here I was ready to argue. Haha no problem

#IamMuffinMuggers
Nah, man, when I'm wrong I'm wrong. I think coaching should be something like 30-45 seconds of private conversation between matches. MLG rules are 2 minutes away from the tournament area at the discretion of the referee. Basically that means with MLGs 3/5 rule you can't be asking to speak w/ your coach between every match, which actually makes deciding when to take your advice part of your strategy. I think it adds to the professionalism of the game.

XXFleshtrapXX

imma eat choo!
Nah, man, when I'm wrong I'm wrong. I think coaching should be something like 30-45 seconds of private conversation between matches. MLG rules are 2 minutes away from the tournament area at the discretion of the referee. Basically that means with MLGs 3/5 rule you can't be asking to speak w/ your coach between every match, which actually makes deciding when to take your advice part of your strategy. I think it adds to the professionalism of the game.
That actually sounds like a pretty neat idea to me, set some sort of standard rules for coaching for when or if it's allowed. In the end it's up to the tournament organizers as to rather or not allow it.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
I voted for the first one, but im not going to call anyone out on it.

A 30 sec. time limit would be cool.

McNasty

Moist.
coaching is fine I mean making adjustments is what its all about in the end anyway. I could see no coaching being a rule in a high money match though.

Wish I had a brother as a top player like the dominicans and terry's haha

Cat

This guy looks kind of tuff...
I think the ban should of been enforced. But I'm just saying that cus I got tired of cdjr running up and coaching Maxter while I was sitting at home watching the stream trying to send Showtime text to give him advice. But he didn't see in time :/. Lol

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
You have to say it like the Dive Kick announcer.

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Its fine as long as its not banned in the rules. MLG thinks its okay enough to allow it in the rules so why not?

Personally though, I don't want to be coached.