What's new

HMK Episode 15 - VS Fighting Recap Show w/ UsedForGlue, A F0xy Grampa & ED's UndeadJim

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
Ahh @Undeadjim is right I was waking up waaay to much that tournament and it totally made me lose against Reefer, I was totally flustered and tbh Swizzer could have beat me but he lost his composure that match and didn't punish correctly all the time, like there was one string he punished a couple of times then just didn't later on, so I kind of got away with murder.

JTB123

>>R2 - BF4 = Unblockable.
Remember this is all based on intensive offline play. I think online, FA is pretty good. I'm telling you this based on 4 months of solid research; play anyone who genuinely knows the match-up (not just a good player, a player that genuinely knows the match-up) and it will change your opinion immediately. FA categorically has no place in high level MKX and can at best work against an intermediate level player.

Low rocket is 100% jumpable on reaction for a full punish. Not sometimes; 100% of the time. It has no use whatsoever in the neutral against any player who knows the match-up because it will never be blocked there.

Up-rocket being +11 is useless because she has nothing to jail you standing with. It's not even a discussion point - the few things that actually force an exUp Rocket block lose to almost every D3 in the game or don't combo on hit.

That said, her corner game is good, just not sustainable. Guess right, great damage, guess wrong and it's your opponents turn.

SG is legit though and totally viable.

@Phosferrax - agreed, FA has to be played quite dynamically and is strongest up-close (because she does no damage at any other range unless the guy is a totally idiot and jumps).

Also, I hereby put out an open challenge to any FA Jacqui players to play me offline against my SG...the sooner I can dispel the myth, the sooner we can get her where she needs to be.
Are you going to red fight district? If so I'd like to get some sets in, I don't use Jacqui much offline as that's mainly where I want to get MU experience for Scorp but a FT5 or something would be tight.

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
No way will I believe that Low Rocket is 100% reactable with a jump. If you're sitting in training mode, waiting for it then maybe. But in a real match, are will not always react to that with a jump.

And come on man, lets not pretend that no one is ever going to block an up rocket out of a block string ever. Sure it's not something to rely on but it will work every once in a while with conditioning. And ex up rocket works on hit and block off of the most important string: f1. It will whiff point blank but in footsies it is god like. Hit someone with a poke, and 121 ex up rocket will work for both.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
No way will I believe that Low Rocket is 100% reactable with a jump. If you're sitting in training mode, waiting for it then maybe. But in a real match, are will not always react to that with a jump.

And come on man, lets not pretend that no one is ever going to block an up rocket out of a block string ever. Sure it's not something to rely on but it will work every once in a while with conditioning. And ex up rocket works on hit and block off of the most important string: f1. It will whiff point blank but in footsies it is god like. Hit someone with a poke, and 121 ex up rocket will work for both.
I mean if you can't jump a 31 frame special then ok I guess.

What do you have to condition them to block standing though? There's no reason for them not to duck and avoid up rocket. If F121 came out on block then it'd be more of a mixup but right now it's not that effective.

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
I mean if you can't jump a 31 frame special then ok I guess.

What do you have to condition them to block standing though? There's no reason for them not to duck and avoid up rocket. If F121 came out on block then it'd be more of a mixup but right now it's not that effective.
F12 is neutral on block. You can jump, poke, s4 (it sucks I know), back up to whiff punish the response. It's not like she HAS to special cancel it. When you only do it very irregularly you will catch people sometimes.

Besides, f1 ex up rocket.

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
Remember this is all based on intensive offline play. I think online, FA is pretty good. I'm telling you this based on 4 months of solid research; play anyone who genuinely knows the match-up (not just a good player, a player that genuinely knows the match-up) and it will change your opinion immediately. FA categorically has no place in high level MKX and can at best work against an intermediate level player.

Low rocket is 100% jumpable on reaction for a full punish. Not sometimes; 100% of the time. It has no use whatsoever in the neutral against any player who knows the match-up because it will never be blocked there.

Up-rocket being +11 is useless because she has nothing to jail you standing with. It's not even a discussion point - the few things that actually force an exUp Rocket block lose to almost every D3 in the game or don't combo on hit.

That said, her corner game is good, just not sustainable. Guess right, great damage, guess wrong and it's your opponents turn.

SG is legit though and totally viable.

@Phosferrax - agreed, FA has to be played quite dynamically and is strongest up-close (because she does no damage at any other range unless the guy is a totally idiot and jumps).

Also, I hereby put out an open challenge to any FA Jacqui players to play me offline against my SG...the sooner I can dispel the myth, the sooner we can get her where she needs to be.
I'd be more than up for this!

Been really enjoying playing Full Auto offline. I'm really struggling with Shotgun and am clearly doing something wrong. Would love to run a long set with you and get some insight from a Jacqui Vet like yourself.

I seriously think high Tech would be good if she could special cancel her 50/50's but because she can't, I really think high tech could be the worst variation in the game right now.

Youphemism

F12 is neutral on block. You can jump, poke, s4 (it sucks I know), back up to whiff punish the response. It's not like she HAS to special cancel it. When you only do it very irregularly you will catch people sometimes.

Besides, f1 ex up rocket.
That doesn't answer my question...
@Youphemism I forgot that your reactions are far beyond the level of us mere mortals, as you can react to Batgirls 'vortex' :DOGE
Hey look, another person taking one thing I said two years ago out of context instead of actually quoting what I said. Good one. That's not what I claimed so get your facts right before trying to take a jab at me.

Also not even a comparable situation since low rocket is 31 frames, jesus christ.

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
That doesn't answer my question...

Hey look, another person taking one thing I said two years ago out of context instead of actually quoting what I said. Good one. That's not what I claimed so get your facts right before trying to take a jab at me.

Also not even a comparable situation since low rocket is 31 frames, jesus christ.
Dude, why are you so easy to troll?

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
@Youphemism it is easy to say that 31 frames in an A or B situation is easy to see, as it is. But when you have to worry about all the other aspects of footsies, I'm saying that you're no always going to jump. It is reactable, but you're not always going to be able to react. Especially if it's a twitch jump as you can get hit by up rocket, or for the fact that if you're late with the jump you can get launched by the low rocket.

Rearawt

Noob
Could you make sure to all put your hitboxes/sticks/loud keyboards away while recording the next episode?

JustinXavier21

The rose that grew from concrete
I'd be more than up for this!

Been really enjoying playing Full Auto offline. I'm really struggling with Shotgun and am clearly doing something wrong. Would love to run a long set with you and get some insight from a Jacqui Vet like yourself.

I seriously think high Tech would be good if she could special cancel her 50/50's but because she can't, I really think high tech could be the worst variation in the game right now.
Accepted :D Maybe I'm missing something crucial but it definitely doesn't feel like it right now - hopefully we'll be able to get a good set in at the next event - any chance of seeing you at RFD?

Youphemism

Oh that reminds me, are any of you guys going to Rival Scenes? We could get a Scotland vs PND vs ED vs MBA or something going!

ChatterBox

Searching for an alt.
This was great guys. Glad to hear the perspective of any scene and you boys have been the only podcast to keep alive from injustice era! Thanks.

Also want to say good job to the two of you commentating VS top 8 until the twins swept in, though I do enjoy their commentary as well. People need to know when they're good at it and keep our game looking great.

JTB123

>>R2 - BF4 = Unblockable.
This was great guys. Glad to hear the perspective of any scene and you boys have been the only podcast to keep alive from injustice era! Thanks.

Also want to say good job to the two of you commentating VS top 8 until the twins swept in, though I do enjoy their commentary as well. People need to know when they're good at it and keep our game looking great.
Thanks man I appreciate that, doing commentary was a lot of fun and it made me realise how well the twins have it down. They have the perfect balance of hype, back story and game info.

I think moving away from a schedule was the best thing for the podcast. Keeps it fresh and up to date and gives us the chance to get different people on. There's a lot of the EU scene I would like to have on while the game is going strong so hopefully we can keep it going :)