What's new

HMK Ep 16 - Patch Notes Discussion w/ SneakyTortoise, Temjin and Phosferrax. Bonus Segment Added!

I didn't say much about him, just a little bit about the DF nerf making him fair but still good.
liu isnt good now lol thats why everyones dropping him. but anyone with an 8frame move i can pretty much infinite them still which is broke. but this is all for another thread lol

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
liu isnt good now lol thats why everyones dropping him. but anyone with an 8frame move i can pretty much infinite them still which is broke. but this is all for another thread lol
And how many characters have an 8f mid that is repeatedly plus? I'm calling that a bill.

His f44 FBRC is still plus, f213 still jails and flying kick is still plus. He's still got good space control/footsies and good pressure.

I don't see what's bad about him apart from his reversals now. It's fair to early to say he's bad. I have no doubt that you were utilizing the run cancels to maximum brokeness, so I can see why it seems like a downgrade but it's only fair really. I've combined it with stuff that I've been doing with Dualist and it's still good.

And how many characters have an 8f mid that is repeatedly plus? I'm calling that a bill.

His f44 FBRC is still plus, f213 still jails and flying kick is still plus. He's still got good space control/footsies and good pressure.

I don't see what's bad about him apart from his reversals now. It's fair to early to say he's bad. I have no doubt that you were utilizing the run cancels to maximum brokeness, so I can see why it seems like a downgrade but it's only fair really. I've combined it with stuff that I've been doing with Dualist and it's still good.
thats the thing . i utilized his diff strings . now every 2 -3 damage they get there options and hope ur not a frame or 2 out to jail. may aswell play dvorah and get oh low starters . f213 f213 f44. so boring. i think theres only a couple lius that dont mind the nerf. but i think its uncalled for. rc wasnt what ppl had a problem with its was the dc. now we get 1 rather than 11 mixups. looking at less than 9% damage after 3 f213s then if u want to burn a bar for another 2% . 11% for 1 bar max. wow. lol its just wasted his pressure options. also f213 fbrc online hit consistently is even better! lol. im far from happy with the nerf its stupid

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Lol Strykie "JUST DOOOO IIIITT"ing a Goro.

I think PL might do a little better with Impostor Shinnok, although I agree with Displacer Raiden too.

I would like to know why they touched OF ALL VARIATIONS Cutthroat. It was already his best variation! Meanwhile Cyber and Commando get useless buffs.

Meanwhile in Jacqui town, Kreygasm. Shotgun is more viable now! Now she has damage on par with the rest of the cast which is great. The removal of the B2 and B33 os kind of hurts Shotgun but buffs High Tech and Full Auto lol. It doesn't affect the problems with her range but alas it's much better than before anyway.

They nerfed Demo Sonyas game quite a bit. Xray scaling is fine but B14 being a hard knockdown was a big deal for her reload game. She already had to sacrifice damage for a reload now she probably has to sacrifice more. I get that it probably wasn't supposed to be a HKD in the first place but still...sad face.

If you want to see my opinions on everyone you can see it here I won't go into too much detail in this post http://testyourmight.com/threads/full-patch-notes-8-31-15-updated-w-9-1-hotfix-notes.55658/page-7#post-1879898
The on line in MKX is not perfect but the idea that it's completely unplayable is a huge bill and always has been. It's way better than Injustice and unquantifiably better than MK9.
Untrue. I cannot play a single person online any more. It's literally unplayable for me. Any challenges are auto-declined on both sides which is unacceptable. Ever since the Tanya patch....guess she really did break the game :DOGE

But when I could play it I still feel Injustice's was better but anything is better than MK9 lol.

JTB123

>>R2 - BF4 = Unblockable.
Lol Strykie "JUST DOOOO IIIITT"ing a Goro.

I think PL might do a little better with Impostor Shinnok, although I agree with Displacer Raiden too.

I would like to know why they touched OF ALL VARIATIONS Cutthroat. It was already his best variation! Meanwhile Cyber and Commando get useless buffs.

Meanwhile in Jacqui town, Kreygasm. Shotgun is more viable now! Now she has damage on par with the rest of the cast which is great. The removal of the B2 and B33 os kind of hurts Shotgun but buffs High Tech and Full Auto lol. It doesn't affect the problems with her range but alas it's much better than before anyway.

They nerfed Demo Sonyas game quite a bit. Xray scaling is fine but B14 being a hard knockdown was a big deal for her reload game. She already had to sacrifice damage for a reload now she probably has to sacrifice more. I get that it probably wasn't supposed to be a HKD in the first place but still...sad face.

If you want to see my opinions on everyone you can see it here I won't go into too much detail in this post http://testyourmight.com/threads/full-patch-notes-8-31-15-updated-w-9-1-hotfix-notes.55658/page-7#post-1879898

Untrue. I cannot play a single person online any more. It's literally unplayable for me. Any challenges are auto-declined on both sides which is unacceptable. Ever since the Tanya patch....guess she really did break the game :DOGE

But when I could play it I still feel Injustice's was better but anything is better than MK9 lol.
Yeah but not everyone has internet from 1992 :DOGE

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Yeah but not everyone has internet from 1992 :DOGE
m8 fite me irl me you rite now m8 i swer on me mum bruv

Nah but I can't even play people I know I can connect to and play even a half-decent match with like Ketchup, which sucks because I won't be able to compete in ESL season 2 :(

HOWEVER we are bringing the Scottish team to Rival Scenes so if any of you are going prepare for a fight :16Bit:16Bit:16Bit:16Bit:16Bit

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
thats the thing . i utilized his diff strings . now every 2 -3 damage they get there options and hope ur not a frame or 2 out to jail. may aswell play dvorah and get oh low starters . f213 f213 f44. so boring. i think theres only a couple lius that dont mind the nerf. but i think its uncalled for. rc wasnt what ppl had a problem with its was the dc. now we get 1 rather than 11 mixups. looking at less than 9% damage after 3 f213s then if u want to burn a bar for another 2% . 11% for 1 bar max. wow. lol its just wasted his pressure options. also f213 fbrc online hit consistently is even better! lol. im far from happy with the nerf its stupid
Man f44 jailing was dumb, it's fine how it is now honestly, he's got all the tools to deal with peoples options out and the doesn't need meter for damage either. Give it time, I think you're over reacting.

The 11% isn't from a bar. He doesn't spend meter, after he burns the bar following a round of FBRC's he has made more back than when he started, and after that he's still plus.

Man f44 jailing was dumb, it's fine how it is now honestly, he's got all the tools to deal with peoples options out and the doesn't need meter for damage either. Give it time, I think you're over reacting.

The 11% isn't from a bar. He doesn't spend meter, after he burns the bar following a round of FBRC's he has made more back than when he started, and after that he's still plus.
like i said before only changes he needed was his fbdc after f213 . his d3 . his f44 fbrc and maybe not plus 2 after fk mb. my pressure is now crap compared . the fbrc didnt need nerfing for all his mixups. if u used all of his tools for your pressure before the patch then u wud understand better probably. hes not good but hes not bad either. f213 f213 f213 fk mb . f213 f213 f44! fk mb . oh the fun mixups now lol

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
like i said before only changes he needed was his fbdc after f213 . his d3 . his f44 fbrc and maybe not plus 2 after fk mb. my pressure is now crap compared . the fbrc didnt need nerfing for all his mixups. if u used all of his tools for your pressure before the patch then u wud understand better probably. hes not good but hes not bad either. f213 f213 f213 fk mb . f213 f213 f44! fk mb . oh the fun mixups now lol
I don't see the difference in that than f44 fbrc over and over. Can use f1, f2 staggers, 11 staggers. Still got d3