What's new

Hit Confirming

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
What do you guys look for when HC f3,3 or 2,1 or 1,1. Do you always assume after the first his is blocked the rest is blocked and move on? Do you have a set number in your head of ... i'll 2,1 twice and if they block the second time i'll finish it up?
Online kind of screws a little bit with this, but i'd like to really understand how you guys HC these fast strings flawlessly?

F33 is pretty hard to hit confirm for me. Even if I miss the hit confirm, it's no biggie cuz F33 and F33B3 still give advantage. 21's also fairly tough but I'm trying to test out an easier way to hit confirm. Basically, do 21F. If it's blocked go for F3, if it's hit go for 21F2. You're holding forward all the time so you just need to pick which button (just becareful if you try to do 21 21). You can't hit confirm 11 because it's too fast. You don't need to hit confirm though because 11 gives enough advantage for a guaranteed 2/F3. Completing the string actually gives less advantage.

Sao87

@thedigitaldojo
2, 1, 2 is one of the easiest hit confirms in the game. You should have enough mental resources to either cancel it into clone or ice ball depending on whether or not it hits.

f3, 3 is one of the more difficult strings. Strings like this people usually have their mindset to do ONE thing IF they land it, by the second hit it needs to have registered in your head that you have landed the combo string. To make hit confirms consistent people usually buffer out the motion of the special they want to use and then press the button if they know the string has landed.

for example f3, 3 back -> forward. On block you wouldn't press a button, but if you land the string you would add a 4 to that buffered back -> forward motion for the slide.

I wouldn't waste to much energy trying to make the f3, 3 string viable though, its only really good off a JIP for tricks since its has slow start up and awkward priority.

Edit: Wow I totally broke it down on the wrong character. Same concepts apply for Cage though, just practice.

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
If you hit confirm with 2, 1, ex forceball in the corner with any character and they are blocking high the 2nd forceball will miss.

leek

Noob
F33 is -4 on block. F33B3 is neutral but puts you at max jump distance. Only Ex-forceball is advantage(+5) on block.

it's just a matter of practice. There's really no reason to block one hit and take the rest though.. so I don't see why it'd be an issue to assume he would block the rest and continue on.

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
F3,3 into nut punch can be hit confirmed, just buffer B,D after F3,3 is input.

2,1 into F2 seems impossible though due to the window at which the F2 needs to be input ends way too early, definitely before you can see if the 2,1 hits

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
F3,3 into nut punch can be hit confirmed, just buffer B,D after F3,3 is input.

2,1 into F2 seems impossible though due to the window at which the F2 needs to be input ends way too early, definitely before you can see if the 2,1 hits
Thank you. This is what I was looking for. I thought I was having trouble with 2,1,f2... but knowing this... i don't feel as bad. I need to change my reactions. And play more.