What's new

Hemlock's Friendship Thread

Hemlock

Noob
Do you ever feel like you are obsessed with video games?

Here we are, Dec 2013 and I haven't played MK in a few weeks, and then a few months before that. In my defense, I did go through the live-changing events of quitting a job, and moving to a town where I don't really know anyone. And then I went almost to the other side of the planet (Sri Lanka) for almost 2 weeks. Crazy.

So I was obsessed with Virtua Fighter 5 for a while, and then all the moving stuff happened, and I stopped playing. My main problem is that I don't have any friends IRL who want to play videogames with me, and then I don't have the online subscription to play games with peeps online. I did get a 12-month Xbox subscription........but I packed up the card while moving and have no idea where it is. :confused:

I got a PS4, specifically to play The Witness. I saved up last year and was frustrated to find that it wasn't going to be a launch title. I ended up getting Killzone so I "had something to play" and then they were doing that buy 2 get 1 free deal and Knack looked like a lot of fun and then I started being interested in basketball again so I might as well get NBA 2K14.

So NOW: I'm totally obsessed with the new Killer Instinct. KI was my favorite for a long, long time (I still listen to the CD every now and again) and I was so happy that they came out with a new version. And now I am seriously considering trying to save $500+ to get an Xbox One JUST to play this game. And I guess I'd have to modify my fightstick or somehow get my hands on a TE2. Crazy! I feel insane, but I can't stop watching videos of gameplay online and reading about it. But I'm scared that I'm just going to eventually get it one day, play it for a few months and then forget all about it. I get obsessed with things and they seem to take over my life and then a few months later, I'm obsessed with something else.

I don't regret getting MK9 - I did reach a lot of my early goals for beating the challenge tower and story mode. I am thinking that I should set some work related goals and have KI be a reward, as well as some game related goals, so I am sure to play the games I have and not just collect them. Anyway, I wanted to ramble and you guys know what it's like to be obsessed with fighting games. I really feel like KI is going to be such an amazingly fun game for me and I have watched videos of the Dojo Mode and believe that this will be the thing that will really help me become a better fighting game player (in lieu of not having FG cronies to teach me the ways).

Back to watching video reviews....

Hemlock

Noob
It was awesome and it was really difficult at the same time. My parents are from there, I was born and raised in the US. We went to celebrate my sister's marriage, as none of the people over there were able to come over here. It was difficult because homosexuality isn't a thing that anybody talks about over there, and it is technically illegal. It's weird to be literally celebrating your sister's heterosexuality and receive minimal to no support in regards to your sexuality. Also, I have (as you can probably tell) different emotional needs than the rest of my family members. I don't do too well with mostly small talk, and when I feel upset/lonely/frustrated, I need to talk about it. All my friends and my overall "support group" (TYM homies are included in that group) were on the other side of the planet from me, and I was with my family, arguably the people that I have the most "issues" with. The good news is that we're working on those issues, but the bad news was that our visit was neither the time nor place to work on them.

I took a lot of amazing photos and videos over there, and I have some plans to edit a cool movie slideshow of it all, but I need a little time to decompress before I can look at all the footage and start to work on it!

What's up Hemlock? I would just like to say that I can tell you are an excellent human being, simply by the demeanor in your words. We're here to support you anytime bro. :)

Hemlock

Noob
HELLOOOOOOOOO

Wow, I haven't been on this site in years! I'm just back because I wanted to say that I miss you all, and this site has way cooler people than any of the other FG sites I've been on. I really loved MK, but then wasn't really on the Injustice train, so I stopped checking in here. Then I really got into SFIV and SFxT, and then am now fully obsessed with SFV. MKX didn't grab me as much as MK did, but I do want to check it out because I am a huge Friday The 13th fanboy.

Anyway, shout outs to all my old friends, and maybe I will start posting here again soon. I am still having trouble making non-homophobic FG friends IRL, and unfortunately the Kappa crew really infiltrates a lot of Street Fighter stuff online. So I'll find a place for me one of these decades, but until then, I thought I'd drop a note to the TYM fam who was the nicest and most welcoming. <<hugs>>

HELLOOOOOOOOO

Wow, I haven't been on this site in years! I'm just back because I wanted to say that I miss you all, and this site has way cooler people than any of the other FG sites I've been on. I really loved MK, but then wasn't really on the Injustice train, so I stopped checking in here. Then I really got into SFIV and SFxT, and then am now fully obsessed with SFV. MKX didn't grab me as much as MK did, but I do want to check it out because I am a huge Friday The 13th fanboy.

Anyway, shout outs to all my old friends, and maybe I will start posting here again soon. I am still having trouble making non-homophobic FG friends IRL, and unfortunately the Kappa crew really infiltrates a lot of Street Fighter stuff online. So I'll find a place for me one of these decades, but until then, I thought I'd drop a note to the TYM fam who was the nicest and most welcoming. <<hugs>>
I play sfv, we can play anytime cfn: newyorksensei .... Little about me I'm a 2 time evo medalist for sfv and I won $350,000 during my mkx career. My psn is newyorkpizza_ add me anytime

Hemlock

Noob
I play sfv, we can play anytime cfn: newyorksensei .... Little about me I'm a 2 time evo medalist for sfv and I won $350,000 during my mkx career. My psn is newyorkpizza_ add me anytime
Whoa whoa wahoooooaoahhawohawe whoawehoaw HOLD THE PHONE that is amazing!

What is your name/handle for SFV tourneys? Something other than newyorksensei? I am cfn: GrandpaHemlock and will add you! But I warn you that I am Ultra Bronze, but would love people to talk and train with!

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
Oh Kanye...your penis is not that big.....:DOGE

What is your name/handle for SFV tourneys? Something other than newyorksensei? I am cfn: GrandpaHemlock and will add you! But I warn you that I am Ultra Bronze, but would love people to talk and train with!
Hes not lol BUT good to have ya back! New to these neck of the woods, but king/Queen of the Turn up when it comes to online! I play Tekken 7, MVCi, Injustice 2, and my SFV is collecting dust, but feel free to add me and lets porty!

PSN - JBeezYBabY1 :l:qtl:cool::qtr:r

I actually love you hahahaha.. yeah I'll be on tn send me your psn sfv doesn't have in game voice compatibility