What's new

Hemlock's Friendship Thread

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Hemlock

If you need to talk to somebody, I'm usually available in private messages. I'm not sure I can relate to all of your identity but I'm usually a pretty good listener. Reader. Whatever.

Hemlock

Noob
Hemlock

If you need to talk to somebody, I'm usually available in private messages. I'm not sure I can relate to all of your identity but I'm usually a pretty good listener. Reader. Whatever.
Thanks. I don't think someone needs to be able to personally relate in order to be a good listener and try to empathize/understand. Just might take you up on the offer...

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
Usually pick, but finger if the song calls for it. I should post a photo of my bass sometime - I recently changed up the color scheme.

xoxo peachyO
I love that there are so many musicians on TYM. Love it. I can talk music and production all day. I am a musician my self, guitar player and lover of teh metalz and EDM. Bring on those picks of your axe, friend. And I shall reciprocate. ;)

Hemlock

Noob
Makes me think of this
This song is actually AWESOME. *dancing* I'm emailing this DJ Dicks guy because I like this production.

I'm here at the music studio, getting ready to go home. Recorded 2 new song demos. going to get a late dinner and play some MK challenge tower. Might download either Shadow Complex or Double Dragon Neon.

Hemlock

Noob
Yesterday was National Coming Out day and I came out to all my contacts on Facebook. All of my close friends and family know, but there are those random people I haven't seen since 4th grade, and business contacts and stuff. So here's what I wrote:

"Today is National Coming Out Day and in honor of that I would like to publicly come out online as gay. I first came out to my family and friends in 2001 (first person I told was my mom, then Christie). I have been really lucky to have so many supportive friends and family members. It's incredible to think about the growth we all have experienced since then. (I used to say "gay" to mean "stupid
" all the time back in 1993)

A notable thing about me and my sexuality is that my same-sex attraction has primarily been towards people who are significantly older than me. (Typically above the age of 50) That has confused a lot of people, sometimes a lot more than being gay. It still confuses and frustrates me from time to time. It was never a conscious decision; the attraction to older men happened as soon as I felt attracted to anyone. These combination of things haven't exactly been easy to deal with, but it's good to know that I've got over 10 years experience in dealing with, "Is this your dad?"

If anybody has any questions (like: Why do you prefer the word 'queer'? Have you ever dated girls? Do you think my dad is hot?) feel free to post them or message me. I much prefer being asked questions as opposed to people assuming things. And that is what this is all about: opening up a dialogue where we can learn about different people so we can be more tolerant and accepting. So now when somebody is bad mouthing gay people, you can step it up and say, "Watch it now! [Hemlock]'s gay; he's awesome!""

Everybody was really cool about it (I have no idea how many people didn't know) and it got tons of likes/comments online. Very humbling and flattering to get so much support. Strange to reflect on how alone I felt a little earlier this week vs. outpouring of congratulation yesterday. Just wanted to share with my TYM bros/sis-s!

Hemlock

Noob
What's up friends? Haven't been on here in a while; something got messed up with my alerts and I didn't get email messages to check the site. I also haven't played MK with my arcade stick in a while. I have been playing off and on with the Vita. Been doing the bonus challenge tower. That is fun.

I have been, thanks to Owerbart, been totally hooked on Magic: The Gathering and have been playing that (the Xb0x 360 game) a LOT. I am really enjoying it. I got some decks and have been playing with a friend as well. I even taught my boyfriend how to play.

I miss posting here and need to get back in the swing of things. UNFORTUNATELY - my Xbox 360 just got the Red Ring of Death. There is someone 1hr away from Chicago who says he will fix it for $20. So I am going to give that a shot. Remember when I accidentally deleted my MK save file? HA. I have awesome luck, don't I?

Hope everyone is having a nice 2013 so far, talk to you soon.

Gh0sty

ばかみたいに無料
What's up friends? Haven't been on here in a while; something got messed up with my alerts and I didn't get email messages to check the site. I also haven't played MK with my arcade stick in a while. I have been playing off and on with the Vita. Been doing the bonus challenge tower. That is fun.

I have been, thanks to Owerbart, been totally hooked on Magic: The Gathering and have been playing that (the Xb0x 360 game) a LOT. I am really enjoying it. I got some decks and have been playing with a friend as well. I even taught my boyfriend how to play.

I miss posting here and need to get back in the swing of things. UNFORTUNATELY - my Xbox 360 just got the Red Ring of Death. There is someone 1hr away from Chicago who says he will fix it for $20. So I am going to give that a shot. Remember when I accidentally deleted my MK save file? HA. I have awesome luck, don't I?

Hope everyone is having a nice 2013 so far, talk to you soon.
Glad your still around bro. Anything new happening with you musically?

Sent from my jailbroken iPhone using a pirated copy of Tapatalk

Hemlock

Noob
Hey friends, wow - it's been a while since my last post. Hope everyone is well!

What's new:

• Working on new music (see previous link)
  • Playing Skate 3, Magic 2013, and Myst (1993)
  • Totally obsessing over The Witness (www.the-witness.net) and it's development.
  • Probably going to buy a PS4 just to play The Witness
  • Haven't played MK at all this year! (yikes)
  • My Xbox red ringed (excuse for not playing MK) but amazingly I found a guy who fixed it for $40
  • Randomly got obsessed with Neo Geo X and am thinking about getting one (I get obsessed a lot)
  • Been depressed on and off - eating lots of junk food to balance out the fact that I started working out 2x a week.

Hemlock

Noob
  • Definitely getting a Neo Geo X
  • Less depressed
  • Have been playing MK
  • Definitely going to get a PS4 just to play The Witness
  • Thinking about getting my Fightstick Pro dual modded so I can play Capcom Vs SNK 2 with it
  • Wondering if I should get Street Fighter x Tekken or Street Fighter IV or King of Fighters XIII

Hemlock

Noob
  • Neo Geo X arrived! Awesome. Going to wait to play it until I finish a major project. It will be my reward.
  • Played MK tonight at a party - I played as CSZ and had a blast doing the stage fatalities! I hadn't seen some of them!
  • Played the Injustice demo. Neat!
  • Really want to get SFxT and KoFXIII!
  • Had the most EPIC conversation with Espio. That dude is awesome.

zydrate101

XBL: zydrate101
haha aw it's 2:30 in the morning where i am. I went to the evil dead tonight(was fun). I think either killer frost or Raven for the females. I'm kinda scared though since i have been using wonder woman so much in the demo i'll forget how to use her.. but can't main everyone. I really wanna try aquaman as well. Who are you planning on trying out?

Hemlock

Noob
I don't know if I'm going to end up getting Injustice myself. I really want to get SFxT and KoF first. But man, it would be nice to be playing a "current" game for once in my life.....