What's new

Hemlock's Friendship Thread

Hemlock

Noob
So, I deal with depression and isolation from time to time and something that really helps is talking to others. In the short time I've been on this site (a few months) I've met a lot of really amazing people. I want to get to know people and also let them get to know me. This is my thread where I'll try to share who I am, and also for anyone who wants to know something about me can ask.

I guess I'll start with a brief introduction!

I live in Chicago, IL (originally from Virginia Beach) - I'm a musician, i'm gay, i'm a vegetarian, and I've never drank alcohol or done drugs in my life. That being said, I don't negatively judge anyone who is different than me. I think it is all about making healthy individual choices, and what's right for me may not be right for you. So right there - a lot of those things make me feel really weird/different and sometimes I have difficulty relating to others. I am a pretty awesome guy though! I have a lot of great friends - I will say that I am very lucky. Sometimes I don't know exactly how to reach out or ask for help when I need it, but that's a common problem. Good news: I'm working on it. That's what this thread is about for me - just to share a little by little and get myself out there more.

I've been an MK fan since it first appeared in arcades. I played I and II religiously. I got the home versions when they came out. I didn't play III as much, but played it more when it appeared on home systems. I didn't bother with the 3D games - but still loved MK. I was at Galloping Ghost when I first saw MK (2011). I freaked out! I had heard some rumors of a new game, but didn't know it was out yet! The game was/is so incredible and so gory. It was great to see 2D gameplay, and everything was so tight, responsive, and fast. It was like an old dream of mine: to see the speed and gameplay system of Street Fighter, with the characters, creative moves, and of course the amazing art and music of Mortal Kombat. At the time, I didn't own either a 360 or PS3, so I played it at GGA and knew that it was going to be the first thing that i'd get once I got one of those systems. I love videogames, and my style is to play older generation systems in order to save money buy purchasing used games. So I was busy with Xbox and PS2 anyway.

This past April, my buddy (a very AWESOME buddy) gave me a surprise present! He gave me his XBox 360 as well as a ton of his old games! He lives with roommates who have systems, so he never used his. Additionally, he wanted us to be able to play games online, so he even got me a Live Account for a year! (which I have yet to activate) Needless to say I was kerfluffled by his radicalosity. So I was busy finishing up an album and told myself that once I finished the album, I could buy MK Komplete Edition. And I did!

EVO2012 happened before I finished my album, and another friend of mine who lives out of state told me to watch it. We watched tons of matches (a mutual friend was in one of the pools) and would IM our commentary. It was awesome. We watched a lot of UMvC3 and SFIV. I saw the MK matches and realized, "Wait a minute, a bunch of those dudes are from IL! Great!" I watched the level of gameplay that the tournament competitors played at and was in awe. I noticed most everyone was using arcade sticks and wondered if they knew something that I didn't....

I bit the bullet and dropped down some $ on a MadCatz fight stick (It's an investment, I said). That really opened up MK for me and made it easier and more fun to play. AND THEN......I joined TYM. I actually looked at the other message boards to figure out which one was the best. I even asked chacha.com ....they responded with another site, I looked at TYM again and decided that chacha.com was stupid. :)

I'm glad I came here! The first thread I ever read was Mr. Millena's LGBT thread. I knew that this was the right place.

Anyway, I'm playing as Noob Saibot when I play Ladder, but I also like Nightwolf and Sektor. I am 200+ on the challenge tower and halfway through the story mode. (I have a thread for my game progress.) I absolutely love the MK story. I am hoping that someone will make a novelization or some good fan fiction of this game's story. I plan on buying the MK movie novelization just because I want to be able to be in the MK universe when I'm not near a game console. I even put the game rip soundtrack on my MP3 player. hehe.

I have yet to see the sequels to the film MK, and am excited about Legacy.

So that's my intro! Thanks for reading. Will post more in the future. Have a good night.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
Hemlock i like you, you seem like a down to earth guy.
im not suprized Espio was the 1st friend ya made on the site, he a super klassy dude.

also in that monster post you didnt mention what type of music it is you make or is it a band/solo thing?

Hemlock

Noob
Hemlock i like you, you seem like a down to earth guy.
im not suprized Espio was the 1st friend ya made on the site, he a super klassy dude.

also in that monster post you didnt mention what type of music it is you make or is it a band/solo thing?
Well shucks, you're going to be my new pal then!

The band is a crazy hybrid of a band and solo project. I'm the only permanent member, and have had other people collaborate on the albums and live performances. The first albums were punk/folk, then moved to more indie rock, also did a hip-hop track, and the new album is electronic dance music in the vein of stuff like Daft Punk or Justice. You can check it all out here: http://www.hemlockrecords.com/minotaur

The old albums punk/folk/rock - can be found here: http://music.orangedrinkmusic.com

What type of music do you like?

DragonPick - are you a musician?
Playpal - thanks! I will check that out sometime. Additionally: hi

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
Well shucks, you're going to be my new pal then!

The band is a crazy hybrid of a band and solo project. I'm the only permanent member, and have had other people collaborate on the albums and live performances. The first albums were punk/folk, then moved to more indie rock, also did a hip-hop track, and the new album is electronic dance music in the vein of stuff like Daft Punk or Justice. You can check it all out here: http://www.hemlockrecords.com/minotaur

The old albums punk/folk/rock - can be found here: http://music.orangedrinkmusic.com

What type of music do you like?
its 4am here at the mo so ill give it a listen when im up and about in the morn.fuck 9 am trains :mad:
thats a very different mix ya got going there also, good to keep it fresh i guess.

ah i like all sorts really. marilyn manson, emilie autumn, angelspit, dresden dolls, NIN be some of my favs.
listening to alot of combichirst again recently also, i fade in and out on them
miku hatsune is pretty cool aswell :p