What's new

Hearthstone Discussion

Siky

Noob
I'm probably gonna have to be less lazy and hit Legend again before Naxx, it's gonna get more annoying after it's out, but I'm still excited, new cards finally.

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
The learning curve for this is ridiculous and Hearthstone managed to incorporate two of my most hated aspect of MMO's; crafting and grinding. I really want to like this game but having to nuke my cards just to build 1 or 2 decent cards is frustrating. Can anyone recommend a video series or something for new players? I spent $10 on packs and I'm hesitant to spend anymore money because I don't know what the shit I'm doing. I've played Magic: The Gathering on PSN so I'm not completely unfamiliar with the gameplay structure. It's more knowing what to spend my resources on (Dust/Gold) and what cards I should be trying to unlock.

Last edited:

Siky

Noob
The learning curve for this is ridiculous and Hearthstone managed to incorporate two of my most hated aspect of MMO's; crafting and grinding. I really want to like this game but having to nuke my cards just to build 1 or 2 decent cards is frustrating. Can anyone recommend a video series or something for new players? I spent $10 on packs and I'm hesitant to spend anymore money because I don't know what the shit I'm doing. I've played Magic: The Gathering on PSN so I'm not completely unfamiliar with the gameplay structure. It's more knowing what to spend my resources on (Dust/Gold) and what cards I should be trying to unlock.
I'll tell you this, save all your dust, invest gold into Arena. Arena gives you a strong foundation and helps you build your card collection without spending money. Trump has a good tier list going on Liquidhearth.com for arena, the biggest deal is that knowing what to craft depends on the class you want to play.

Typically you want to save all your dust for crafting Legendaries. Everything else has a higher drop rate out of packs so eventually you'll be more likely to pull them, but Legendaries are the rarest so those should be priorities.

Most decks don't require that many legendaries to make work. Control Warrior is notorious for needing the most, but most really strong decks run maybe 1-3. The most used Legendaries currently are The Black Knight, Bloodmage Thalnos and Leeroy Jenkins. Other ones tend to be deck/class specific outside of maybe Cairne Bloodhoof.

There are tons of cards that are easily dustable, takes time to know which though, but in the end grinding only gets you better at the game. Not everything is very apparent, but even after thousands of games, there's still things you can learn that just being told is not enough, takes experience to cement the knowledge.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Personally I craft out the commons and rares before the legends, namely because it's easier to make a deck around well-founded base cards than splurging on one legendary and lacking the footwork to make it viable

NoobHunter420

Scrub God Lord
Today I made a the BS Miracle deck
I knew this shit was good, but you don't know until you try it l0l
I had a few matches with a priest who seemed to know what he was doing.
I had no idea how to play the deck and I was running a train
This shit is ridiculous, the worse part is that this is the funnest deck I ever played :(:(:(:(
btw is it true that Lord Kolento is the creator is this demon?

Today I made a the BS Miracle deck
I knew this shit was good, but you don't know until you try it l0l
I had a few matches with a priest who seemed to know what he was doing.
I had no idea how to play the deck and I was running a train
This shit is ridiculous, the worse part is that this is the funnest deck I ever played :(:(:(:(
btw is it true that Lord Kolento is the creator is this demon?
Not sure if kolento made the first version of miracle but hes definitly largely responsble for making it as refined as it is now, but yeah, enjoy it while you can becuase this card is about to help bring there reign to an end http://o.aolcdn.com/hss/storage/midas/5c66f5818407d35aa1ce792ce4d78582/200445766/loatheb.jpg

JLG

Noob
So after playing for about 10 days now and earning about 12 packs, this dropped:

It's golden, so I noticed if I disenchant it I would have 1600 dust- enough to craft a different Legendary. It looks cool, though. I mainly play control Pally and Warrior. What do you guys think?

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
So after playing for about 10 days now and earning about 12 packs, this dropped:

It's golden, so I noticed if I disenchant it I would have 1600 dust- enough to craft a different Legendary. It looks cool, though. I mainly play control Pally and Warrior. What do you guys think?
I don't know what your decks consist of or what other cards you have, but Tirion is usually a safe bet if you like pally.
Not sure if kolento made the first version of miracle but hes definitly largely responsble for making it as refined as it is now, but yeah, enjoy it while you can becuase this card is about to help bring there reign to an end http://o.aolcdn.com/hss/storage/midas/5c66f5818407d35aa1ce792ce4d78582/200445766/loatheb.jpg
one card already does that job.
It's called mana wraith.

OnlineRon91

Joker++
Man I have been trying to save gold ever since i heard about the pricing and I just cant do it. As soon as I get enough gold I spend it on packs. No willpower.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Well you may be in luck, because I may or may not be holding a mini tourney with $20 in battlepoints on the line. Details on that as it comes

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Speaking of naxx, new cards got released. A 2 for 2/2 secret seeker, a 3/5 for 5 taunt that spawns another 1/2 with taunt, and some nifty things.
1/4 for 3 Gargoyle that refills it's own health, 7/4 for 5 stalagg who summons Thaddeus if his bro died in the same game. Marexxia the giant spider is a 2/8 for 6 beast that has cobra ability.

Things are getting interesting

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
A 2/3 for 1. When it dies, the opponent gets 5 health. Priest decks rejoice lol...

A 2/8 taunt for 3, but when it dies the opponent gets a minion from their deck. A good anti-zoo card.

A 2 cost 1/2 that summons another exact copy with the same effect at the end of each turn. Easy board fill.

Stalaggs bro frugen is a 4/7 with the corresponding effect.

Spectral knight is a 4/6 for 5 with fairie dragon power.

That's all I found that's new

OnlineRon91

Joker++
I like Dark Cultist the best so far. Priest needed a 3 mana drop, the fact that it has 4 HP is wonderful!

Last edited:

OnlineRon91

Joker++
Paladin's mostly run 1 secret, if any, and they are getting another one ... okay. I was hoping they would get a minion or weapon that synergized with the other secrets that see no play.

I don't know what your decks consist of or what other cards you have, but Tirion is usually a safe bet if you like pally.

one card already does that job.
It's called mana wraith.
mana wraith changes the cost of minions not spells, it makes your own minions cost more and it has bad stats for its mana cost.

the legendary on the other hand will most probably become a card used in nearly every deck. counters the shit out of miracle and any other deck that would rather remove it with a spell AND a 5-5 for 5 mana is really good. its also a good answer to a turn 4 yeti

NoobHunter420

Scrub God Lord

fuck you.
I have spent a fortune on this game and no golden legendaries
Is a good card but not worth the golden, I suggest crafting something for the decks you play.
I disenchanted A few legendaries to get tirion,

Reactions: JLG

NoobHunter420

Scrub God Lord
Am kind of glad l0l
I don't see that card making a huge impact, it sure will slow it down
Miracle is just so ridiculous
Miracle is fun, but it doesn't teach me to play the game like Control Pali does

Am kind of glad l0l
I don't see that card making a huge impact, it sure will slow it down
Miracle is just so ridiculous
Miracle is fun, but it doesn't teach me to play the game like Control Pali does
its going to make a huuuge difference. hard to explain without going into too many words but basically as it is now, if a miracle rouge keeps their opponents board clearish until turn 5 then plays a azure drake or gadget prep/coin conceal, you end up spending the rest of the game failing to keep up. when loatheb is played you force the rouge to either trade in their drake/auctioneer + hit with weapon or ignore it. either way you get a much better following turn and a much better chance of controlling the game from there

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
mana wraith changes the cost of minions not spells, it makes your own minions cost more and it has bad stats for its mana cost.

the legendary on the other hand will most probably become a card used in nearly every deck. counters the shit out of miracle and any other deck that would rather remove it with a spell AND a 5-5 for 5 mana is really good. its also a good answer to a turn 4 yeti
It's a 2/2, but add one cost to Leroy and he no longer gets to come out 3 times. Also fucks up zoo. As far as fucking up miracle, my money is more on the Thad brothers since removing both of them at their moderately low costs isn't good for rogue, and Thad is probably redic. Loethebb will only stop them for one turn unless you make a deck specifically based around recycling him... Which is possible.

His effect is a battle cry, so honestly you can keep someone tied down and off the spell train for a good while just bumping him back to the hand.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
I actually talked to @NoxiousDonny about it, its way too slow to use since most decks will have some way to deal with it or won't care.
Especially since it only happens at the start of your turn, most AoE will be able to handle it, and a 2/2 for 3 becoming a 3/3 on 4 isn't as solid as the yeti that just popped out.
I feel like its a wasted card unless you have some way to stall the game out long enough, and sacrificing your 3rd turn just isn't worth it compared to the other options (harvest golem)

Now Kel'Thuzad looks filthy... Especially when you consider the combos I've cooked up.
Thad looks like he should, a 10 for 11/11. Wailing soul looks good for anti-stall, watcher combos... all kinds of good stuff. Zombie chow.
Ner-ubar Weblord does what Wraith does now, only better, with better stat distribution, and doesn't shaft you. Anti-miracle ahoy pretty much right there, leeroy now costs 2 more.

Man... so amazing.
I want it, so many combos in my head right now.
So many doors opened.