What's new

Halo 4 or Black Ops 2?

Halo 4 or Black Ops 2?

• Total voters

steelslither

XBL : STEELSLITHER
I heard zombies in blops 2 is getting it's own campaign and story and it's also raising co-op up to 8 players instead of the traditional 4. It sounds sick as hell.

Syknis

King of the Kiddie Pool
H4 no doubt. Halo was the only competitive series I played until MK9. I still miss the CE days :(. H2 and H3 were pretty scrubby.

*hopes and prays H4 is more like CE*

I do hope the H4 ranking system is more like H2s rather than H3 were anyone with a brain can get level 50. The reach ranking system was terrible imo.
Lets run slayer pro when the game is out. Yes or yes?

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Halo all the way, black ops isn't even worth playing.

Then again, they seem to be picking up some COD tactics in the next halo.

Death

Noob
THANK YOU.

You're like the only person besides me I've ever heard say this!

Don't care if our reasons our different... lmao
H2 and H3 were hella scrubby compared to CE. Especially H2. I also pretend Halo Reach was never made lol. The only good thing about that game was the ranking system.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
H2 and H3 were hella scrubby compared to CE. Especially H2. I also pretend Halo Reach was never made lol. The only good thing about that game was the ranking system.
Yes, CE > all. Agree completely about that.

As for Reach... meh, it was something to play. I liked that it tried to be different in the multiplayer, but no one in Halo wants to learn to adapt to new ideas, so it's branded shit. I don't even play it anymore myself. I'd still prefer it over Halo 3.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
H2 might be scrubby with broken ass mechanics like Sword , BXR , Double shots, etc. But Halo 3 is a better Halo 2.No more BS , Great map design(H3 IMO had the best maps) , Bullet travel time , Forge + Custom Games.

as for Reach, it had SO much potential but Bungie wanted to go out with a "Bang" and by that they meant a wonky version of CoD. (Sword Base trolololololol)

Tough decision imo.

While I did enjoy the Halo series, I sort of hated Reach. Not as much as others did, but it just didn't feel the same. That and Halo multiplayer always pissed me off due to the fact that all everyone did was use the AR, no scoping with the sniper, lob grenades and usually just try to spam the areas where the launcher would regenerate. and let' snot get started on the sword.....but if you ask me, it's the better of both games due to the fact that teamwork is by far more important due to some of the powerups available on the maps.

As for Call of Duty....geez, where do I begin? I liked MW2 until it became the crap fest that it became. The first Black Ops was a much better game and MW3 was just dreadful. I will say, the only reason why Black Ops 2 has my attention is because of the way the single player looks so far. It really looks amazing and I'm loving the environment of it. As for the multiplayer? I'm sure the game will be littered with the same crap from the previous games like horrible lag, shit hit detections, unfair perk combos, horrible P2P connections and just everything else that made me hate those games online. However, I think the one thing people need to realize is that CoD games are pretty much arcade shooters nowadays.

This is my opinion on the matter and to be honest, I still don't know which one I will pick up. I'll probably pick up CoD because the majority of my friends play it. And the best thing about it is that they know what teamwork is. I won't shun Halo 4 though and will pick it up eventually.

Yes, CE > all. Agree completely about that.

As for Reach... meh, it was something to play. I liked that it tried to be different in the multiplayer, but no one in Halo wants to learn to adapt to new ideas, so it's branded shit. I don't even play it anymore myself. I'd still prefer it over Halo 3.
This idea can easily be applied to a fanbase of any series. It's not just Halo. :)

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
I think I might wait a week after both release to see peer reviews...

PND OmegaK

Drunk and Orderly
The Halo fanboyism in this thread is silly. It's as if you guys didn't play Halo 3 through Reach. Forge is Halo's saving grace, the multiplayer is slow paced trash and all FPS campaigns are inherently shite. I can guarentee both games will be disappointing either way.

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
The Halo fanboyism in this thread is silly. It's as if you guys didn't play Halo 3 through Reach. Forge is Halo's saving grace, the multiplayer is slow paced trash and all FPS campaigns are inherently shite. I can guarentee both games will be disappointing either way.
Heretic.