What's new

Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN-

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
am going to get into persona 4 arena over my winter break.
I heard the GG execution level is nuts, something tells me that injustice execution isn't gonna prepare me for gg.
Vita or PS3? Cause I was grabbing that next, actually like Persona, sans grinding. Read about insta-kills in previous titles not sure how I feel about that. How bad are they GG vets?

NoobHunter420

Scrub God Lord
Vita or PS3? Cause I was grabbing that next, actually like Persona, sans grinding. Read about insta-kills in previous titles not sure how I feel about that. How bad are they GG vets?
ps3, It looks pretty interesting. From what i heard insta kills needs some criteria, is not like you gonna be able to use it that often.
I bought an older gg game but no1 plays it( i think is a ps2 port).
Am not feeling blazblue, it looks meh.
if you have ps plus you can get the full game trial.

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
ps3, It looks pretty interesting. From what i heard insta kills needs some criteria, is not like you gonna be able to use it that often.
I bought an older gg game but no1 plays it( i think is a ps2 port).
Am not feeling blazblue, it looks meh.
if you have ps plus you can get the full game trial.
The story is SUPER FUCKING anime in Blazblu, but a lot of SP content and beginner friendly as hell (tutorial tells you safe strings to practice and actually explains all the mechanics, unlike a certain popular Comic Book vs Japanese fighter). The characters actually have traits on the 4th button which is neat too. And when I say SP content, Arcade has legit story, decent length story with FMV's and individual story's for each character with a dungeon mode thing I have tried yet

d3v

SRK
Player 1, random frame advance, meter drain glitch and shitty online incoming!
Just because NRS does a hackneyed job of doing fighting games on UE3 doesn't mean that Arc will do the same thing.
The story is SUPER FUCKING anime in Blazblu, but a lot of SP content and beginner friendly as hell (tutorial tells you safe strings to practice and actually explains all the mechanics, unlike a certain popular Comic Book vs Japanese fighter). The characters actually have traits on the 4th button which is neat too. And when I say SP content, Arcade has legit story, decent length story with FMV's and individual story's for each character with a dungeon mode thing I have tried yet
In fairness, alot of stuff in the Marvel Vs. Capcom games is emergent. In other words, it's all stuff players have discovered, not stuff that the developers created.

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
Just because NRS does a hackneyed job of doing fighting games on UE3 doesn't mean that Arc will do the same thing.

In fairness, alot of stuff in the Marvel Vs. Capcom games is emergent. In other words, it's all stuff players have discovered, not stuff that the developers created.
Certainly, but I mean the basic shit. If you just popped that game in with no prior knowledge, you'd have no fucking clue why your opponent would glow red at times and Super Saiyan your ass or how to do a snap back\team combo. Just a simple "hey, here's what da buttons do" is all I ask for

d3v

SRK
Certainly, but I mean the basic shit. If you just popped that game in with no prior knowledge, you'd have no fucking clue why your opponent would glow red at times and Super Saiyan your ass or how to do a snap back\team combo. Just a simple "hey, here's what da buttons do" is all I ask for
Most of that is all in the manual.

NoobHunter420

Scrub God Lord
I bought persona 4 arena and am loving it.
They have full on tutorials on every characters, it actually matches you with people of your same skill level.
great netcode, am loving the different character designs, add Mr_BAMFito if you get it.

d3v

SRK
When is this game supposed to come out?
It's technically out in Japanese arcades. Expect a console release later this year.
am going to get into persona 4 arena over my winter break.
I heard the GG execution level is nuts, something tells me that injustice execution isn't gonna prepare me for gg.
Execution in this game is way easier than past GGs.

Aside from the new RC system (no more 1-2 frame windows for FRCs), the game has a bit more hitstop compared to previous games. Nothing like BB hitstop, but it's still noticeable.

ScorpionRules!!!92

I no longer main characters on any fighting games.
It's technically out in Japanese arcades. Expect a console release later this year.

Execution in this game is way easier than past GGs.

Aside from the new RC system (no more 1-2 frame windows for FRCs), the game has a bit more hitstop compared to previous games. Nothing like BB hitstop, but it's still noticeable.
Oh ok then thanks for the information.

CCVengeance

The one guy hoping for Kai
What will be the tournament standard for this game? Im not buying a PS4 till MKX at the earliest but I do have a PS3( also, how the hell do I create a new profile in PS3?).

VenomX-90

"On your Knees!"
It comes out in ps4 andnps3 this winter. Thats what Im asking for the tourney standard to see if the ps3 version is enough.
Oh ok hell yeah then, I havent heard about this game back then. If I did I would have been all over it, this will be the first one I will play and get into.