What's new

Getting Destiny? Join the TYM Destiny group!

I watched that today. He's pretty spot on, but I still like the game. Then again I didn't go in with over hyping it like everyone else and I'm also familiar with arp's and how RNG works.

What Joe doesn't understand is he's already spent more than 40 hours in the game and gotten his money worth. The point that I strongly agree with is the story is complete ass and I also hate activisions business practices. But I disagree with his take on trading and his idea about loot in general. RNG is like gambling the excitement is found because of the extremes of getting super unlucky or super lucky. Furthermore the loot tables in this game are not that big if they allowed trading people would be geared out within a week and would have no purpose for trying to find new gear.

Rickyraws

This mean you don't like me?
@Blind_Ducky

If you've still got to complete that Exotic bounty: after our session, the person who I formulated a Phogoth strategy with decided to invite me to tackle the level 28 Nightfall weekly(pretty much what we were doing BUT EVEN HARDER. Wiping sends us back to orbit, enemies don't flinch etc.)

We beat it and refined our battle plan. If he's available and you still need to get it done, I can have him join us. The two of us have gone through that strike on the hardest difficulty like 7 times or so, and our synergy has allowed for anyone in the third slot to join us and come out alive. Let me know. Though lv 25 miiiiight still be a little low for it...

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
I watched that today. He's pretty spot on, but I still like the game. Then again I didn't go in with over hyping it like everyone else and I'm also familiar with arp's and how RNG works.

What Joe doesn't understand is he's already spent more than 40 hours in the game and gotten his money worth. The point that I strongly agree with is the story is complete ass and I also hate activisions business practices. But I disagree with his take on trading and his idea about loot in general. RNG is like gambling the excitement is found because of the extremes of getting super unlucky or super lucky. Furthermore the loot tables in this game are not that big if they allowed trading people would be geared out within a week and would have no purpose for trying to find new gear.
Then that is another problem of the game. I Know that in 20 days, when I have Borderlands, I will be playing an awesome game.

Crathen

Death is my business
Welp i'm level 27 and all the legendary engrams i've found only gave me a heavy machine gun ( legendary ) and a legendary armor + boots for the hunter class....and i'm a titan.

Need to do the last part of the Thorn handcannon exotic bounty but pvp is keeping me busy , i'm getting my ass kicked learning how to snipe... any advice?And goddammit imma joyrage when i get that freaking exotic shotgun that is totally broke in pvp.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Welp i'm level 27 and all the legendary engrams i've found only gave me a heavy machine gun ( legendary ) and a legendary armor + boots for the hunter class....and i'm a titan.

Need to do the last part of the Thorn handcannon exotic bounty but pvp is keeping me busy , i'm getting my ass kicked learning how to snipe... any advice?And goddammit imma joyrage when i get that freaking exotic shotgun that is totally broke in pvp.
that is the shotgun i'm going for now

the crucible portion of it is not the easiest by any stretch.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
They aren't comparable

Borderlands followed a formula they know works

Destiny is breaking that and moving on.
How hard it must be to follow clearly functional and good rulesets of previous RPGs when it comes to certain things. With a half bil budget and 5 years.

Riyo

Noob

Norcal Joe, GodSpeed and I finished the Thorn bounty last night. It was such a headache. It was a headache to finish lol

E

Eldriken

Norcal Joe, GodSpeed and I finished the Thorn bounty last night. It was such a headache. It was a headache to finish lol
There's a way to make it way less of a headache, but it's far more time consuming. I wish I knew you were on that step, man. I'd have told you what to do.

4x4lo8o

Noob
you'll be added

I really enjoy playing the game with others. Even if it is just normal strike missions.
What are you running?

I'm starting to think that Hunters might be the worst PvE class in the game by a long shot unless you have a fireteam of 3 with all the types so he can go bananas on a horde while having a shield to run back to.
I just got an Xbox One and the game a few days ago so I don't have a firm grasp of what's going on yet and have just been running around by myself, but I have a level 10 Warlock that I was playing a bunch of Crucible with and then I made a Titan I've been running through the story and doing bounties with that's level 15. I'm eager to start playing with other people, it'll be a lot more fun

Blind_Ducky

Princess of the Sisterhood
@Blind_Ducky

If you've still got to complete that Exotic bounty: after our session, the person who I formulated a Phogoth strategy with decided to invite me to tackle the level 28 Nightfall weekly(pretty much what we were doing BUT EVEN HARDER. Wiping sends us back to orbit, enemies don't flinch etc.)

We beat it and refined our battle plan. If he's available and you still need to get it done, I can have him join us. The two of us have gone through that strike on the hardest difficulty like 7 times or so, and our synergy has allowed for anyone in the third slot to join us and come out alive. Let me know. Though lv 25 miiiiight still be a little low for it...
Thank you! Think you guys could help tomorrow? Or right now? I hit level 26 earlier today.

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
I'm curious to see this Queen event content and why the reward weapons are all Blues. Hit lvl 25 with my Titan, lvl 23 with my Warlock, and 20 with my Hunter and STILL haven't finished the story. I'm sort of losing my interest in grinding to do the Vault of Glass and grinding in general. I'm worried that if I stop playing, the new content that's released will require light level 30 or some shit.

The Slaj Jazz

TIckle my sweet salty nips
Just got Destiny for the 360! Since I got it for 360, will I still be able to upgrade a year from now to the xbox 1 version for free?

Rickyraws

This mean you don't like me?
Thank you! Think you guys could help tomorrow? Or right now? I hit level 26 earlier today.
I don't get off work till 11ish EST, unfortunately. Though by tomorrow, after I level my weapons some more, I should be an uber badass. Bane is gonna get REKT. And those stupid witches too. I'll blast those motherfuckers right in the kisser so bad with my Exotic 'Truth' rocket launcher that their presence will be more nonexistent than the period after the 'r' in Dr Pepper.

Blind_Ducky

Princess of the Sisterhood
I don't get off work till 11ish EST, unfortunately. Though by tomorrow, after I level my weapons some more, I should be an uber badass. Bane is gonna get REKT. And those stupid witches too. I'll blast those motherfuckers right in the kisser so bad with my Exotic 'Truth' rocket launcher that their presence will be more nonexistent than the period after the 'r' in Dr Pepper.
I have a pretty green cape with a snake on it.

Riyo

Noob
There's a way to make it way less of a headache, but it's far more time consuming. I wish I knew you were on that step, man. I'd have told you what to do.
We hid at the checkpoint killing the shreaker and knights that came until the boss spawned. Took about an hour alone to finish that.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
We hid at the checkpoint killing the shreaker and knights that came until the boss spawned. Took about an hour alone to finish that.
this seemed too tedius

we went to the far left back by the rocks to clear out the hive and would let us take shots at Phogath

As long as somebody has defender Titan and somebody has some type of solar weapon, you'll be peachy. The wizards are the main things that'll wreck your face.

Riyo

Noob
this seemed too tedius

we went to the far left back by the rocks to clear out the hive and would let us take shots at Phogath

As long as somebody has defender Titan and somebody has some type of solar weapon, you'll be peachy. The wizards are the main things that'll wreck your face.
Wizards weren't the problem, its the knights that came into the shield and killing us in two hits lol tho two of us were under 26. Whatever works haha

AK Stormthegates

WOOLAY!!!!
So the Blue Auto Rifle I got from a random mob in Vault of Glass is better than the Legendary Pulse Rifle that is fully maxed.....

Why are pulse rifles so fucking bad?

The_REAL_xVAPORx

smoke reset bot
its better to just hide in that back room from the shrieker and witches/knights. they all despawn after like 20 seconds and they respawn seemingly infinitely if you kill them, so youd be saving ammo. just shoot phogoth between waves. a rocket launcher (especially one with void damage) and a decent stack of heavy ammo synthesis can make that last fight a cake walk.

The_REAL_xVAPORx

smoke reset bot
So the Blue Auto Rifle I got from a random mob in Vault of Glass is better than the Legendary Pulse Rifle that is fully maxed.....

I believe the glass vault drops its own set of legendary gear, I saw a guy with a purple chest piece that went up to 446 defense (standard purple is 406) making it comparable to exotic gear. if this is the case, it may be possible to reach Lv30 with the glass vault gear

Riyo

Noob
its better to just hide in that back room from the shrieker and witches/knights. they all despawn after like 20 seconds and they respawn seemingly infinitely if you kill them, so youd be saving ammo. just shoot phogoth between waves. a rocket launcher (especially one with void damage) and a decent stack of heavy ammo synthesis can make that last fight a cake walk.
We werent trying to shoot Phogoth. We were spawning the secondary boss by clearing out the knight waves. Wizards spawn infinite.