What's new

Getting Destiny? Join the TYM Destiny group!

E

Eldriken

Thats unlucky man, in my first 100 I had like 2 Rare and 6 Uncommon. I was doing it with other people though so I wonder if that affects loot drops.
I don't think the amount of people matters.

I still prefer the Old Russia method. It's yielded the best results for me so far.

Undeadjim

Green Lantern Corps.
I'm close to rank 2 with the Dead Orbit faction however I only really checked the gear today and seeing it had Strength I've switched to Future War Cult for Intellect and Discipline. Don't see Titan melee attacks being useful in raids, and swapping has meant I've lost a lot of progress to my guaranteed legendary.

I'll give it go tomorrow and see how it works if not my friend told me to look up glimmer runs to speed level the cryptarch guy for the legendary packages.

Fractured_Shadow

Really likes to throw things at you.
Don't see Titan melee attacks being useful in raids.
Lol wuuuuut? Strenth and Intel are the two most important skills for Titan because of Force Barrier and Blessing of Light. Shit if I could I would have like 100000 strength.

Well I'm assuming you are running the far superior Defender Titan right?

Fractured_Shadow

The wait for Xur is killing me.... I have 135 more marks to spend but I also have 26 coins. I could risk it and buy two more legi armor pieces and start grinding The Glass Vault betting that Xur will have a weapon I want or I could wait... fuuuuuuuuuck

E

Eldriken

The wait for Xur is killing me.... I have 135 more marks to spend but I also have 26 coins. I could risk it and buy two more legi armor pieces and start grinding The Glass Vault betting that Xur will have a weapon I want or I could wait... fuuuuuuuuuck
I'm growing impatient for Friday as well. All this Engram grinding has netted me a fair amount of Strange Coins.

Undeadjim

Green Lantern Corps.
Lol wuuuuut? Strenth and Intel are the two most important skills for Titan because of Force Barrier and Blessing of Light. Shit if I could I would have like 100000 strength.

Well I'm assuming you are running the far superior Defender Titan right?
Going for the Intellect yes but I assumed for the raids going for melee kills for force barrier would not be an option and quicker grenade times for higher damage would be more beneficial but this was from assumptions. If you've been in the raid and know different let me know.

Fractured_Shadow

Going for the Intellect yes but I assumed for the raids going for melee kills for force barrier would not be an option and quicker grenade times for higher damage would be more beneficial but this was from assumptions. If you've been in the raid and know different let me know.
While the raid is tough it is not Arc Burn everything 1 shots you broken like the weekly was last week. If you are properly geared and arent running with derps you will need to run a tank vetsion of Titan with the regening force barrier to draw aggro. If you have your team set properly and your strength high then a single Titan running force barrier with two Sunsingers can make it to where to have constant force barrier and effectivly hold most aggro.

The best setup I have come up with is:

1. Defender Titan w/ blessing of light, force barrier, relentless, and unbreakable.

2. Defender Titan w/ weapon of light, Gift of Light, and Gift of Void

If you run any raid with these two Titans working together coupled with a DoT Sunsinger, Cooldown Sunsinger, and DPS Voidwalker you should be getting constant supers, constant over shields and extra damage for entire party, great add control, great aggro grabs, and the ability to nuke bosses very quickly.

It really pisses me off to run with randoms who just Leroy Jenkins everything.

E

Eldriken

I was just about to post this lol.
I just did this for about 40 minutes and got probably 20 uncommon items and 3 rare engrams. This place is amazing.
The Old Russia method still seems better. Within an hour of farming, I got about 50 greens and 15 blues.

But each person has their own luck.

Undeadjim

Green Lantern Corps.
While the raid is tough it is not Arc Burn everything 1 shots you broken like the weekly was last week. If you are properly geared and arent running with derps you will need to run a tank vetsion of Titan with the regening force barrier to draw aggro. If you have your team set properly and your strength high then a single Titan running force barrier with two Sunsingers can make it to where to have constant force barrier and effectivly hold most aggro.
Thanks for the info man appreciate it.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
Me and two of my minions figured out an unorthodox but fool proof way of getting through it.

Stay in the hall BEFORE heading out to him. Doing so will spawn soo many witches and knights infinitely, as well as a shrieker in the room. I.e. You are heavily encouraged by the game to leave. If you don't, simply stay back so the witches can't get you, keep an eye on your radar and kill the shrieker immediately every time it spawns. The witches are very tough in that small space, save your heavy ammo and supers for them. The knights can be shot while backpedaling, because they won't follow you all the way back. While hanging back you can still shoot the boss, even without a sniper rifle. Deal with the wizards as they come and there'll be a little downtime before the cycle repeats. Quickly head to the boss, shoot and chuck nades and expect the shrieker to spawn. Again, don't wast your super on him, just the wizards. Then quickly run back as the wizard onslaught will be out for your ass. Be patient, not stupid, and you can do it in under 15 minutes on level 24 with heroic etc.

Although we DID have Rickyraws on our side. Your mileage may vary otherwise.
Yeah that strat worked really well. You can avoid the dead shreiker fodder that is bouncing around by floating up into one of the holes in the ceiling in the back room. The hardest part of that strike is definitely the 3 waves where your ghost is taking his sweet time getting the door open. I played the mission last night with Tiger Woods.

ColdBoreMK23

Noob Saibot
I'm now playing on both Xb1 and PS4. I just started my XB1 Warlock so if anyone wants to team up and go through the story/crucible/strikes send me a friend request GT: AskURMotherKid

I'm also doing speed runs through level 24 strikes on PS4 if anyone is interested. Did six strikes last night with people I met in the tower and blazed through them. Also doing cave/nexus/guardian gate farming on PS4. PSN: IronLung6920

Justice

Noob
My experience with shot guns in pve has been underwhelming. Point blank range and the beeyatch dun go down? Yeesh. Now gimme one of them Gatling Guns.... hehehe

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
I took the day off work tomorrow. Who is in for doing some strikes and racking up some marks?

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
Man I'm already starting to burn out on this gear grind. I'm at light lvl 22 though so it looks like Vault of Glass is open for me. Honestly I'd run it at this level if I had some better weapons, still haven't found lvl 20 Blues/Purple Primary's.

mfkaoz

Banned
Man I'm already starting to burn out on this gear grind. I'm at light lvl 22 though so it looks like Vault of Glass is open for me. Honestly I'd run it at this level if I had some better weapons, still haven't found lvl 20 Blues/Purple Primary's.
Hit up the Earth farming place. I just grinded for a few hours with @TelekineticBeing and @Adrian Galvez and we got a bunch of good shit.
I gotta get my crucible marks up though so I can start buying gear from my faction.

Pnut

Mouth of the Illuminati
Anyone on 360 planning on running Glass Vault? I wanna do it (I'll have better gear by the time, I'm almost rank 2 crucible which means mad loots for me. )

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
Oh damn I forgot that this was JUST like an MMORPG in the fact that you do raids... awwwh now I want it :(