What's new

Guide General Zod Community Combo Guide

poofynamanama2

SHAZAAAAAAAAM
b12~MB lazer, dash, b12,d12~zod charge 34%

in the corner

f21u2~rifle, j2~rifle, j2~rifle 32%

trying to get something to tack onto the second combo by I don't think it's possible :/

ope just figured it out! I thought i was doing the fast fireball but wasn't lol

f21u2~slow rifle, j2 fast rifle, j2 rifle, j2 rifle does 38%

Swoops

Noob
The multiple rifle shot combos have been posted, you can even do them mid screen. Just check a few posts back, iitRueii posted them.

You can tack on 1,2,3 xx Zod charge/palm/trait onto any of them. In the corner you can actually land b3 for stage transition.

poofynamanama2

SHAZAAAAAAAAM
Yeah I literally just downloaded zod and was too excited to try him out to read the thread :p my bad! I dot see the quad LNE posted tho, but it's not as damaging so it's probably not as viable. just looks cool :p

GOL Eklectic

Surrender, it's over.
i cannot get 112 to connect AT ALL after a 213,dash against a duck blocking opponent wtf is going on??? are yall sure this combo is reliable vs someone who is duck blocking? i can get it to land against a standing opponent but thats not what the overhead is meant for. Someone else test this please

EpitomicaL

I play for FUN!
This is restricted to Metropolis Rooftop (Left corner only).

Assuming your opponent is in the corner, you can

J2, Down-2-3, RB (Interactable) =33%

The interactable does 20%-Feel free to mess around with this I actually didn't know you can combo into the interactable here so I'll have more coming soon.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
i cannot get 112 to connect AT ALL after a 213,dash against a duck blocking opponent wtf is going on??? are yall sure this combo is reliable vs someone who is duck blocking? i can get it to land against a standing opponent but thats not what the overhead is meant for. Someone else test this please
unfortunately, (i raged when i found out) you can only do that combo if your opponent blocks the first 21 standing up or if they get hit by the previous two hits.. so if the opponent is ducking before he gets hit you will not be able to dash in and connect the 12.
This means you either have to end with 213 phantom strike or risk it by doing the mid laser but you can be punished..
its complete horse shit

SaJa

FH_FenriR
Its not on the fist page so I'll ask here :

What is his best d2 and air to air combos please ? :)

GOL Eklectic

Surrender, it's over.
unfortunately, (i raged when i found out) you can only do that combo if your opponent blocks the first 21 standing up or if they get hit by the previous two hits.. so if the opponent is ducking before he gets hit you will not be able to dash in and connect the 12.
This means you either have to end with 213 phantom strike or risk it by doing the mid laser but you can be punished..
its complete horse shit
I'm thinking the only way to reliably use 213 as a mix up is to have trait out so when it hits it can be hit confirmed with trait slash. If they don't get hit by the 3 and you trait slash, you can still continue pressure. If trait isn't out, there is little to no use of this string because it isn't hit confirmable into anything.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
I'm thinking the only way to reliably use 213 as a mix up is to have trait out so when it hits it can be hit confirmed with trait slash. If they don't get hit by the 3 and you trait slash, you can still continue pressure. If trait isn't out, there is little to no use of this string because it isn't hit confirmable into anything.
exactly. i actually have a set up for that in a thread i posted not too long ago if you want to check that out..
but i cancel it into ex phantom strike fore 21% which i believe is ok

TimTim

Don't Hate
@ll Nooby ll
Don't take offense to this it's just my ignorance but I had no idea who you were before today and I heard REO and Pig praising your doomsday extensively. Are you the Nooby who almost beat ChrisG? If so not surprised at all the contributions you made and GL at Evo.

TheRFG

Noob
Found this messing around. 40% meterless combo and no trait. I'm sure there may be some sweet variation to play around with, but Here is a new starter. I don't know if it's been mentioned but I was having some serious fun messing with people.

Neutral J2 xx(air) kryptonian rifle, b3, ji3, f+213 xxZod Charge - 40%
Neutral J2 xx(air) kryptonian rifle, b3, ji3, f+213 xxZod Charge MB - 44%

Edit: With a little practice I'm able to do this as a jump in, instead of a Neutral jump. It also works better for a cross up. It's also great to MB the KR blast, usually hits them

Enjoy

Marcus

Mortal Kombat Philippines / Injustice Philippines

Cant you do
213, dash, 12 xx ground laser close MB, ji3, 3, trait setup?

Thats what Ive been doing.

GOL Eklectic

Surrender, it's over.
Cant you do
213, dash, 12 xx ground laser close MB, ji3, 3, trait setup?

Thats what Ive been doing.
You can if they're standing, if they're duck blocking it lowers their hitbox after the 3 connects and the 1 will wiff after the dash.

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
@ll Nooby ll
Don't take offense to this it's just my ignorance but I had no idea who you were before today and I heard REO and Pig praising your doomsday extensively. Are you the Nooby who almost beat ChrisG? If so not surprised at all the contributions you made and GL at Evo.
That's "Noobe" you're referring to. Two different people.

GOL Eklectic

Surrender, it's over.
You can do d12 xx db2 MB though and summon the trait while they fall. Its low damage for an MB but it can get the trait out.
yea I figured that out, but you have to hit confirm the 3 (which isn't possible) to be able to do that. If they block the 3 and you dash your getting combo'd

Marcus

yea I figured that out, but you have to hit confirm the 3 (which isn't possible) to be able to do that. If they block the 3 and you dash your getting combo'd

without the trait around, all i can think of to safely confirm the 3 is a bf1 lol will it connect?

And Im not sure if this has been talked about yet, but when I do the B12, db1 MB combo. There are certain characters that are not being hit by the 3rd ball. (Doomsday for example). Are there lists of characters that can be hit or not hit by the 3rd ball of the db1MB?

Thanks!

GOL Eklectic

Surrender, it's over.
without the trait around, all i can think of to safely confirm the 3 is a bf1 lol will it connect?

And Im not sure if this has been talked about yet, but when I do the B12, db1 MB combo. There are certain characters that are not being hit by the 3rd ball. (Doomsday for example). Are there lists of characters that can be hit or not hit by the 3rd ball of the db1MB?

Thanks!
im not very familiar with the b1 string yet, but best way to stay safe if youre doing 213 is to use the bf3 (fantom strike move) since its only -1

Marcus

im not very familiar with the b1 string yet, but best way to stay safe if youre doing 213 is to use the bf3 (fantom strike move) since its only -1

Sorry if i confused you, the b1 string is not related to the 213 issue.

the combo is B12, db1 MB, dash, b3, ji3, 112, zod charge.

Some characters (like Doomsday) are not hit by the 3rd ball of the Kyrptonian Rifle.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
Believe me ive tried everything. you cannot reliably hit confirm the 213 string into anything but bf3... because even if theyre standing for the 2 in 213, they can sill duck block the following 1 thus not allowying you to follow up with dash and 12 hitconfirm.. soo yea its pretty much just bf3