What's new

Games that the majority think is God's gift, but you think it's actually trash

Cat

This guy looks kind of tuff...
I just need to clear one thing. Nintendo don't give a fuck about Metroid. That series is godlike but it aint God's gift if nintendo don't support it lol.
They do need to step it up. Hopefully the wiiu gets a solid metroid game.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Wtf to ppl hating on Mario 64. The Zelda series!! And metal gear. What the fuck do you guys play then? Hello kitty island adventures?
I'm... gonna take a wild guess and assume SM64 was your first Mario game..

Lol you can't tell ppl what they think or don't think is trash. If they think the game sucks, then to them, it sucks. Doesn't matter how well the game was or wasn't made.
I think the sky is made out of magic and is really a magical whiteboard that god draws on everyday for us human to see. But when it is dark, satan takes over and puts his blackboard in front.

See even opinions can be wrong.

Calling something trash is stating a fact, not an opinion. Saying you don't like something because its overhype and not for you is an opinion.

edit
If you want to claim something is trash, then at least list some characteristics that demonstrate it is of low quality. I'll give you an example.

League of Legends is a garbage competitive game because
1) meta is stagnant for the most part
2) Riot balances the game every 2 weeks (approx) and doesn't let the game evolve
3) A new character gets release every 2-3 weeks
4) a jungler is mandatory
5) jungle is a bunch of corridors with set paths thus making routes pre-determined.
6) wards are too strong because of said corridors
7) Flash promotes super defensive play
8) Skillshots are not nearly rewarding as auto-target and when a skill shot champion becomes stronger than a auto-target Riot nerfs it (cassi, ez, corki, morgana, etc etc).

I disagree.
You can disagree all you want, but without a reason why then there is no reason to care why you disagree.

I'll give a slight benefit of the doubt.

Calling something trash is calling something of low quality. That if a game is trash means that compared to its competition that it lacks things that make it a high quality game. Therefore you are stating a fact not an opinion.

What did FF6 lack compare to all of its competition at its time and even to modern times as an JRPG?
What did Street Fighter 2: Super Turbo lack compare to its competition that makes it "trash"?

I'll give you a bad example

"Tekken Tag 2 is trash because I don't like 3D games." Which are what majority of the people here are doing.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
I think the sky is made out of magic and is really a magical whiteboard that god draws on everyday for us human to see. But when it is dark, satan takes over and puts his blackboard in front.

See even opinions can be wrong.

Calling something trash is stating a fact, not an opinion. Saying you don't like something because its overhype and not for you is an opinion.

edit
If you want to claim something is trash, then at least list some characteristics that demonstrate it is of low quality. I'll give you an example.

League of Legends is a garbage competitive game because
1) meta is stagnant for the most part
2) Riot balances the game every 2 weeks (approx) and doesn't let the game evolve
3) A new character gets release every 2-3 weeks
4) a jungler is mandatory
5) jungle is a bunch of corridors with set paths thus making routes pre-determined.
6) wards are too strong because of said corridors
7) Flash promotes super defensive play
8) Skillshots are not nearly rewarding as auto-target and when a skill shot champion becomes stronger than a auto-target Riot nerfs it (cassi, ez, corki, morgana, etc etc).
What you think doesn't matter to what someone else thinks. Maybe those qualities are exactly what someone looks for in a competitive game therefor its a great competitive game. I think final fantasy is trash for the reasons I gave earlier. It matters not to me if You think it's amazing or not.

The sky being blue is a completely different than a game being trash bc of certain reasons. Now if you said that you think the sky is trash bc you like the sky to be pink, then, to you, the sky is trash.

Plot in ff8 was terrible when you think about it but I feel the game made the setting, atmosphere and general aesthetics work really well.

Like, time compression? Dafuq? Shit came outta nowhere.

What you think doesn't matter to what someone else thinks. Maybe those qualities are exactly what someone looks for in a competitive game therefor its a great competitive game. I think final fantasy is trash for the reasons I gave earlier. It matters not to me if You think it's amazing or not.

The sky being blue is a completely different than a game being trash bc of certain reasons. Now if you said that you think the sky is trash bc you like the sky to be pink, then, to you, the sky is trash.
Then you are using the word trash wrong. The phrase you are looking for is "prefer" or "is/is not for me" or something along those lines.

The sky can not be "trash". I can prefer the sky to be a different color. I can dislike the color blue. I can list subjective reasons why I prefer a different color but the sky can not be "trash".

The reasons I gave for LoL are factual reasons. They aren't "I think the sky should be pink because pink is more feminine."

For instance if you played LoL, you would know that all you need is 2-3 wards and you can almost 90% never be ganked without warning. Giving you all the time you fuck around and do whatever the fuck you want. The only counter to this at low level is buying a pink ward, but if you do that then the other team does the same and then both supports run out of gold and shit becomes stupid.

Also if you played LoL since beta, you would know that Riot always changes the game when something is found and the game has been stagnant for years in term of overall meta. There are slight variations in that meta but its still solo top, ap mid, jungler, support bot w/ AD carry. The game has been that way for almost 3 years now. Almost everybody will agree that a stagnant meta does not make a good competitive game.

Espio

Kokomo
Personal taste cannot be wrong, if you think a game is bad, while someone else thinks it's great, whose to say either person is wrong in how they feel?

You could say "X game sold more units so it was more successful than Y game" , which could be an objective statement because it takes personal views/emotion out of the equation and looks at the data, but that's another story.

Crathen

Death is my business
People here need to realize what makes a game good , it's not only about fun ( wich is mostly the result of how you see the game ) , graphics , longevity ( easily one of the most understood things in gaming ) , story / narration , difficulty , it's a mixture of them.

AAA games mostly are trash.

Take Heavy Rain , great narration ( opiniable ) but very mediocre gaming wise , it's a sequence of quick time event abused to make a digital movie.
Fahrenheit is trash make no mistake.

Metal gear 4 is also a very overrated game , way too much time watching cutscenes rather than fluid gameplay.

FF series...X-2 , Crisis Core , 13 are trash , not just for the story but the overall psichological progress of characters are bland and the gameplay isn't anything spectacular , VIII started this trend ( although the world in VIII was decent ) , IX was a nice chapter but nothing new ( wich isn't bad btw ) , X was decent gameplay wise but the story got fucked after Zanarkand.
Anybody that says FFVI and VII are bad games don't know what they're talking about , both have a good story that always progresses smoothly throughout the 3 discs and a good battle system , if you can't see the difference , sorry but you obviously don't get what JRPGs are made of.

Resident Evil 4-5 and from the looks of it 6 are trash due to having no more reason to be called Resident Evil , series needs a major overhaul to bring back the OG survival horror , now it's a zombie-like action movie.

Kingdom hearts 2 and on are trash , nothing to say here , it's self explanatory , you may say they are fun ( and here i can agree ) but heck not GREAT GAME.

Fallout 3 isn't trash , it's simply not Fallout , it's a light themed version of what the series used to be in a first person POV.

May think about some others... but intresting thread...really lol

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Personal taste cannot be wrong, if you think a game is bad, while someone else thinks it's great, whose to say either person is wrong in how they feel?

You could say "X game sold more units so it was more successful than Y game" , which could be an objective statement because it takes personal views/emotion out of the equation and looks at the data, but that's another story.
Exactly. And what does the thread title ask for? Games YOU THINK are trash.

I didn't like KH series either. Terrible voice acting. Mannerisms in some japanese media kinda weird me out.

Really, the only good thing was the boss fights in KH2. Not gonna lie, the boss fights are some of the best I've played and the boss music was killer too.

BookBurning

Voidwards
The Entire Call of Duty Franchise.

I mean this was a given that people would put that game in here; but I cannot stress enough how much of a shitty generic shooter this game has ALWAYS been. Let me clarify, maybe shitty was too strong of a word but it's still a generic shooter regardless.

The reason it's been so hyped is because it is generic and the average Joe with no skills at all when it comes to a video-game can come pick it up and feel he's good at it. COD has single handedly hurt the video game industry by setting a sub-par standard that other companies try to replicate, not to mention the game itself is created by the most corrupt company to ever hit the video game industry, Activision.

People who support this game piss me off; especially the one's who try to get extremely good at it. I'd rather try to get good at Wii sports than this piece of garbage.

quandaghost

kung lao swag walker
-UMvC3
-SSF4 AE2012 I still like it I just acknowledge it's not god's gift to Sf fans
-KOF13
-Fable 3 just way too easy
-Metal Gear Solid 2 Guns of the Patriots I hated Raiden, and disliked the villains
-Halo: Reach, ODST, 3
-Gears of War 3 the first two were cool. Nice story, great characters, ok multiplayer
-Mass Effect It was a good game in itself, but I it's easy to see why Bioware made traveling in the Citadel much easier, and why the took out the driving missions. When you have gone through the entire series.
-Any DBZ game after Dragonball Z: Budokai 3 for Ps2 every single one after that was dumb. Burst limit was better but still dumb.
This one hurt me deep down inside.....
Super Mario Kart for the SNES all I need is a feather and a dream

-UMvC3
-SSF4 AE2012 I still like it I just acknowledge it's not god's gift to Sf fans
-KOF13
-Fable 3 just way too easy
-Metal Gear Solid 2 Guns of the Patriots I hated Raiden, and disliked the villains
-Halo: Reach, ODST, 3
-Gears of War 3 the first two were cool. Nice story, great characters, ok multiplayer
-Mass Effect It was a good game in itself, but I it's easy to see why Bioware made traveling in the Citadel much easier, and why the took out the driving missions. When you have gone through the entire series.
-Any DBZ game after Dragonball Z: Budokai 3 for Ps2 every single one after that was dumb. Burst limit was better but still dumb.
This one hurt me deep down inside.....
Super Mario Kart for the SNES all I need is a feather and a dream
sons of liberty

Slade

Make It Rain
I can't believe I'm saying this, but probably FF...

I fell in love with the franchise after playing FF7. 7 was probably my fav game of all time. I did just about everything you could possibly do in that game. Played it for YEARS. Never really got boring. Just tedious at times from all the leveling up.

But looking back on it now, it was really the only good FF I played. lol All the others that came after were all flawed and some were worse than others. When the whole SE stuff happened, seemed like the series just got worse... Out of all the FF's, there's only truely been 2 or 3 really good ones.