What's new

Full MKX Hands-on Notes & Impressions by The Kombat Tether

SUB-ZERO:
- The special move 'Frozen Aura' in his Unbreakable variation allows Sub-Zero to absorb one or two hits without stun, etc. Enhanced version increases the amount of hits he can endure before it wears off. Visually the move encases him entirely in a thin layer of jagged ice.
D'Vorah:
- D'Vorah has a lot of 50/50 mix-ups which allows for some crazy pressure and rushdowns.
- Her Venomous variations ovipositor attacks will do slight damage over time.
- Can do standing resets in Venomous if you time her acid spray special right and you get a 50/50 mix-up off that too.

DUDE I ALREADY AM SALTY AS FUCK... D'vorah is gonna reset my ass, into a mb grab than 50 50 me again.... And Sub-zero is gonna go BANE on my ass.

So much anger

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I don't think the comboable throws in combos are the standing resetable ones, those are just moves like Kung Lao's what was it, 1,4,2+4 and such. I think only the neutral throws can be turned into resets. And honestly, that's fine imo. If they're breakable, and they're non comboable you're basically just giving everybody the opportunity to be an MKDe character.
Guess time will tell but I mean based off the first gameplay video, you see Sub-zero do a quick combo into a throw. It's probably like you said with KL's combo into a throw like move, but I'm wondering if it's not like MK vs. DCU where literally in juggles you can grab the guy via the throw button and toss him one direction or another. But when you say neutral throws you mean regular throws I take it? Just standard throw button or X+A throws? I'm fine with whichever they give us, I just don't want everyone to have easy resets off MB throws leaving the guy standing etc know what I mean? But time will tell.

Pretty much I hope NRS gives MKX more time like injustice with balance updates, patches, etc because I really don't want to see Kabal block traps, Cyrax 70%+ resets, QC zune traps resets etc for easy damage know what I mean? As fun as MK 9 is I could do without those things honestly.

trufenix

bye felicia
throws . . .
Well, off the rip, I wouldn't take anything in MKvDC seriously. That game is a trainwreck and neither MK9 or Injustice resemble it in the slightest. As for the mb reset throws themselves, the only real report we got was from Max and co who seemed to be talking about the standard neutral breakable throws, not anything done out of a string or juggle.

Pretty much I hope NRS gives MKX more time like injustice with balance updates, patches, etc because I really don't want to see Kabal block traps, Cyrax 70%+ resets, QC zune traps resets etc for easy damage know what I mean? As fun as MK 9 is I could do without those things honestly.
Injustice has its own problems but what it doesn't have is (most of) MK9s problems, so its a good bet MKX will be an improvement still. None of the dominant characters in Injustice are dominant for the same reasons as MK characters and more importantly, Injustice doesn't have anywhere near as many shitty optionless bottom tier characters. (It really doesn't have any)

MKX definitely won't be problem free, but we know they're watching us, tourneys, streams, posts and all, so unless Paolo really thinks that shit you're talking about is awesome (although I think he at least partially does) you can be sure KABAL / CYRAX / KENSHI PROBLEMS has been on his white board since day 1.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Well, off the rip, I wouldn't take anything in MKvDC seriously. That game is a trainwreck and neither MK9 or Injustice resemble it in the slightest. As for the mb reset throws themselves, the only real report we got was from Max and co who seemed to be talking about the standard neutral breakable throws, not anything done out of a string or juggle.

Injustice has its own problems but what it doesn't have is (most of) MK9s problems, so its a good bet MKX will be an improvement still. None of the dominant characters in Injustice are dominant for the same reasons as MK characters and more importantly, Injustice doesn't have anywhere near as many shitty optionless bottom tier characters. (It really doesn't have any)

MKX definitely won't be problem free, but we know they're watching us, tourneys, streams, posts and all, so unless Paolo really thinks that shit you're talking about is awesome (although I think he at least partially does) you can be sure KABAL / CYRAX / KENSHI PROBLEMS has been on his white board since day 1.
Yeah dude totally not saying it's exactly like MK vs. DCU just kind of reminds me a little of it. Yeah of course MK 9 and Injustice are miles better. Thought they did admit they were going to fix it the superman, flash infinites but by that time ran out of money lol. QC and Harley were also supposed to be DLC don't mind me geeking out but anyway lol. Yeah, I'm sure though even if someone(and I'm sure someone will) try to break the game with easy stand up throw resets or something, I trust NRS will patch that shit fast. Also, MK and Injustice while both made by NRS are two entirely different games, plus there's really no fighter without some problems or issues you know? I mean look at MVC2, game is broken as hell but played at tons of tourneys at one point.

Oh yeah I'm sure it won't be perfect, no game is but I do believe NRS will give it as much as time as Injustice and definitely more than MK 9 fix time. I get that they want to the game to just live it's course and not constantly tweak it but IMO at least infinites, resets, easy frame traps and OTG's should all be just NOT there. It's one thing if a weak character has that and needs it but it mostly turns into a hmm "Kabal block cancel string frame traps", "Cyrax 70%+ resets" and OP characters with too many tools like KL" all being in tourneys again, down to 3 or 4 characters over and over know what I mean?

But yeah dude like I said I'm all for that if it's really for a low tier character that can have some what of a chance, or they can just buff him makes no difference but I personally don't support that stuff with characters who are already very good.