What's new

Full MKX Hands-on Notes & Impressions by The Kombat Tether

Bildslash

Goro Lives 
Kombat Tether said:
Can you confirm the actual purpose for the flip stance button? Many fans have questioned its necessity in MK9 and Injustice. Could we see it become replaced by something more substantial like a taunt button for example?
Ed Boon said:
Yeah you know what, I don't think that has been decided yet. I think currently it's just there because we've had it before. Some people liked to change their stance to be in front but even within us there is debate to decide if we want to keep the button for that. It's an interesting question. *laughs*
Official confirmation the Flip Stance button is for shits and giggles. :tonyt

"It never ceases to amaze me with the speculation that goes on. We love our fans and stuff like that and it's great that they're so into it but it just blows my mind when somebody hears 'Cassie Cage is in the game...' and then they assume that means 'well Sonya is not in the game!' and I don't know where they draw that conclusion and then they go 'Well if Sonya is not in the game that means Cassie is going to be a version of Sonya and she's gonna be skinned'. It's amazing but my advice would be don't speculate on that kind of stuff. *laughs*"

I should put this Boon quote in my sig so ppl will shut-up about "They won't include Sonya since Cassie exists"

Yes they will, and you will deal.

Full Interview
Oh my, I don't wanna get my hopes up, but every bit of info we get seems to lead towards her being playable. I'm gonna cry

trufenix

bye felicia
You mean society in general
Society may have skin as thin as an earthworm, but its not as backwards as the ESRB. Only the video game industry (and only the US industry at that) is so retarded that hiring a hooker, banging her in the hidden seclusion of a drop top then beating her to death and taking back your blood stained money is "mature" but having consensual sex with your girlfriend after a date is "adults only".

Edit: Also, MB throws and strings? You might as well just take x-rays out of the game.

Last edited:

cyke_out

Noob
Also, MB throws and strings? You might as well just take x-rays out of the game.
X-rays aren't for us. They aren't for people who know other, better ways to spend the meter. X-rays are for the casual players to push two buttons for an easy awesome liking cinematic. X-rays may have thier uses at high level play but it's rare and not the norm.

Skellington

Banned
Only the video game industry (and only the US industry at that) is so retarded that hiring a hooker, banging her in the hidden seclusion of a drop top then beating her to death and taking back your blood stained money is "mature" but having consensual sex with your girlfriend after a date is "adults only".
LOL!!

Society may have skin as thin as an earthworm, but its not as backwards as the ESRB. Only the video game industry (and only the US industry at that) is so retarded that hiring a hooker, banging her in the hidden seclusion of a drop top then beating her to death and taking back your blood stained money is "mature" but having consensual sex with your girlfriend after a date is "adults only".

Edit: Also, MB throws and strings? You might as well just take x-rays out of the game.
Because in the video game industry people hope that stupid parents still will buy them a M rated game.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
I imagine this will be most used in variations heavily revolved around melee and weapon attacks like Kano's cut throat, scorpion's ninjutsu, sub's cryomamcer, and kotal's war god styles.
I thought this too. Especially being that it said "some" combos. Made me think that maybe in the "increased melee" variations of the each character there will be combos that can be MB'd for more combo'ing. My early guess at least.

This along with EX and MB moves, with also running mechanics is going to make some beautiful looking combos.

BS3OOO

Noob
Why? MB throws are used to create 50/50s, and MB throws will probably be used to extend combos. X-rays can still be used to armor through things and get guaranteed damage.

IKizzLE

BloodHound
Kotal/D'Vorah interaction is kinda intriguing.

D'Vorah: "Kotal..."
- Kotal Kahn: "With which face do you see me?"
- D'Vorah: "There is no power greater than ours!"

I wonder what that means.
Pretty sure D'Vorah is gonna have a traitor type story line where she is working with and against Kotal a la Shinnok and Tanya.

T33-Kahn

Waifu, Peacock, Cutie Patootie,...
Flip Stance should go. Give me parry button like Yatagarasu (it's like SF3S's parry but you don't press forward or down to parry, there's a parry button in that game).
btw you guys should play Yatagarasu, it's a good indie FG, developed by former SNK/KOF developers.

- Throws can now be meter-burned. So you can into a 50/50 from a meter-burned grab.
BOOOOOOO

Does it still work as they previously mentioned? Can you only MB throw people out of a juggle state? Or can you MB Throw a ground throw as well? If you catch someone mid combo with a MB Throw can they still tech it or is it a free universal reset?

If it works like I think it does, I hope they change the entire MK throw system. Otherwise a 50/50 throw that leads into vortex is too powerful even if it costs 1 bar. (because you'll build that bar back with the next combo or with some blockstrings/frametraps)

I also hope they don't have any +1 and unreactable overhead/low combo starters like in Injustice because such a core mechanic would automatically make mixup characters the best. I have nothing against mixups but they are better when you can humanly react to them, because then players need to condition people in order to open them up.

Not to mention MB Throw completely nullifies the wake up game and could make characters/variations with strong okizeme or wake up/escape options less relevant.

I hope I'm overacting and MB Throw doesn't have too big of an impact...