What's new

Fujin-eral Discussion Thread

Zatoichi

Fabulous Goofball
he is basically replacing him in the game
I looked, it's only two moves, not a complete copy/paste. If it means Kung Lao won't return, then I welcome Fujin even more!

Unrelated to Kung Lao:

My main problem though, is that Liu Kang brought Kai with him on his travels in China and they both SAVED Fujin from being killed in the original timeline. Since Liu Kang is dead now, Kai never traveled to China and there is no one to save Fujin.

This doesn't mean Fujin couldn't be playable, just means he'll be one of the first characters to die in MKX most likely.

CCVengeance

The one guy hoping for Kai
I looked, it's only two moves, not a complete copy/paste. If it means Kung Lao won't return, then I welcome Fujin even more!

Unrelated to Kung Lao:

My main problem though, is that Liu Kang brought Kai with him on his travels in China and they both SAVED Fujin from being killed in the original timeline. Since Liu Kang is dead now, Kai never traveled to China and there is no one to save Fujin.

This doesn't mean Fujin couldn't be playable, just means he'll be one of the first characters to die in MKX most likely.
I have never been a fan of this shtick that because someone died in the new timeline it means everything they did is null. In fact, because Liu is dead in this timeline along with almost all the good guys Raiden would need allies earlier, calling on Fujin before Shinnok could hunt him down.

CCVengeance

I would not be surprised if he was OP. Happened in Inj with Superman. Every chara I like pre release are always unfairly powerful.

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
Is there any way for Fujin's moves to make them wind based like Raiden's thunder powers?

What of his fatalities?
1) Summon a tornado, have opponent fly apart like that shittalking blender hamster from the day 0 internet
2) drop a double-wide on somebody

PaletteSwap

Misanthropiate
Is there any way for Fujin's moves to make them wind based like Raiden's thunder powers?

What of his fatalities?
Summons a tornado which launches Helen Hunt from the movie Twister at you. The impact crushes your skull to mush, but Helen Hunt lives on to keep making mediocre movies that are nowhere near as cool as Twister, as that is her curse for being in a movie with Mel Gibson.

Australia bans MKX because of the use of Helen Hunt.

Nephrite

#Fujin4MK12BaseRoster
He better be back!

They Fujin-teased us in MKvsDC with Liu's ending and in MK2011 with Kratos' ending, so third time lucky, we should finally be able to play as him.

And he ain't gonna die bitches, he's gonna own! :cool:

CCVengeance

How about his story?
Bi Han is resurrected by Shinnok to collect the Amulet. Fujin protects it and fights him. He lossses and is rescued by Raiden. He then joins the fight against Shinnok's forces. Liu Kang, resurrected as a vengeful Fire God by Shinnok, kills Raiden, forcing Fujin to become Earth's protector. Decades later, The few remaining humans are protected by Fujin alongside other heroes like Bo Rai Cho, Cassie Cage and a middle aged Kai. With their demise surely at hand Fujin makes an uneasy allience with Orderrealm in the hopes of fighting back the combined might of chaosrealm and netherrealm. Hotaru, obsessed with the order Shinnok's victory would bring, betrays Fujin and nearly kills him.He escapes to Outworld where he forms an alleggience with Rain, Skarlet, Kenshi and bitter enemies Sub Zero and Scorpion, uniting to kill Quan Chi. The group fight the Lin Kuei and run amok with Outworld's new overlord Kotal Kahn and his general Reiko. They make their way to Shinnok's palace on Earth but, Quan forcefully makes Sub Zero turn on the group, kiling most of them. Scorpion sacrifices himself to kill Sub Zero. Fujin is mortally wounded fighting Quan Chi. In his final moments the Elder Gods send him a vision: Raiden has been ressurected and leads the forces of light to victory. Content with this outcome he creates a great cyclone that murders Quan and himself, hoping that his old friend and ally can stop Shinnok. In his arcade ending he ascends to the Elder God pantheon, choosing Cassie to replace him as the new goddess of wind.

And just because:
-Rain: After Shao's death Mileena becomes ruler of Outworld. However, when Shinnok's invasion begins, he resurrects Kotal Kahn, Shao's ancestor. Kotal and his general, Reiko, take over Outworld. Rain swears allegiance to Kotal, earning a position as general. He is, however, untrusted. Decades later Kotal sends him to destroy the remains of the Edenian resistence. When he refuses to kill civilians he is attacked by Reptile, who was sent to track him. He escapes, and outraged, he swears revenge on Kotal. He crosses paths with Skarlet, they fight but end up teaming up when they realize they have similar goals. They eventually find Fujin and join his Outworld team. He eventually fights Reiko, but he escapes and is unable to fight Kotal. He travels to Earthrrealm and infiltrates Shinnok's palace. He is killed by Sub-Zero under Quan Chi's manipulation. In his arcade ending he is awarded the status of Edenian Storm God by the Elder Gods.

-Kenshi: The wondering swordsman joins Raiden's forces in the battle against Shinnok. He defeats Reiko during the war, making the General swear revenge on him. When victory was all but assured, however, Liu Kang slayed Raiden and forced the heroes to retreat. Decades later Kenshi lives among the human resistence against Shinnok. During a skirmish with long life rival Reiko he is stranded on Outworld. During his travels he fights Ferrah-Torr and Havik. He eventually finds Fujin and joins his team. In Shinnok's palace he is killed by a possessed Sub-Zero. In his arcade ending his sword absorbs Shinnok's soul, granting him nearly limitless power which he uses to bring peace to all the realms.

Last edited:

CCVengeance

Just because this forum is sure to crash during the EVO reveal I just want to put my horse and in the race and say that Fujin and Raiden will be the revealed characters today.

KH_Seraph

ҜømbÄŦ Ħøu&Ŧøπ
Fujin will not be in the game because he will die at the very beginning in the introduction of the story, due to being slain by Shinnok and his invasion. Because Liu Kang's hands are full in doing whatever it is he is doing, and Kai will be in a different place because Liu is not around, they will both not be there to save Fujin's ass from getting exterminated like they were back in MK4.

So, Fujin confirmed not to be in MKX. The events that take place in MK9 changes everything guys. We're going to see a bunch of kids. :DOGE

CCVengeance

Fujin will not be in the game because he will die at the very beginning in the introduction of the story, due to being slain by Shinnok and his invasion. Because Liu Kang's hands are full in doing whatever it is he is doing, and Kai will be in a different place because Liu is not around, they will both not be there to save Fujin's ass from getting exterminated like they were back in MK4.

So, Fujin confirmed not to be in MKX. The events that take place in MK9 changes everything guys. We're going to see a bunch of kids. :DOGE
Please tell me you are being sarcastic. I alreadynposted why Fujin can and should be alive this timeline.

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
Theres so much potention to Wind powers maybe in one of his variations he has a trait like move that either "Push/pull you away or into him" like even on block like ya big dude from Blazblue

KH_Seraph

ҜømbÄŦ Ħøu&Ŧøπ
Please tell me you are being sarcastic. I alreadynposted why Fujin can and should be alive this timeline.
Not really trolling here sorry.

NRS might take Fujin, or the concept of, in an entirely new direction. We all know how different MK9's story was in comparison to the old games, even though it was a "Retelling"of the Mk1-3 with Deadly Alliance sprinkled in.

I will admit, whatever awesome Fujin rendition that WILL come out, will be quite bad ass. I hope they do something with his energy crossbow. Give Green Arrow the powers of the wind god, lol. All he needs is a Wind Pillar and Tele.

He'll be completely different from this, in other words, but infinitely more bad ass.:

Can't wait to see what they'll do with my home boi Liu Kang.

PaletteSwap

Misanthropiate
I know this probably won't happen in gameplay, but I think it would be awesome if he had the advantage of being able to use environment hazards with his wind.

I want to see Fujin throw an old lady at Raiden's face with a gust of wind haha.