What's new

Fujin-eral Discussion Thread

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Ooooooohhhhhhhhh wait a minuteeeeeeeeeeeee! Remember the picture of "Liu Kang" in the Challenge Tower? It could be Fujin!

Look at the arms covers, in both pictures it goes from just below the elbow to over the top of the hand. They also are both wearing headbands of some sort and their tunics are of a similar shape/design/whatever you'd call it.

Remember also that the Polish magazine claimed there was a Challenge Tower mission for Fujin along the lines of "Fujin is dead and the elements have gone wild." This would mean Fujin was previously not dead, ie he lives in story mode, and he could be playable!

PLEASE NRS, PLEASE.
It was Liu fucking Kang. *sigh*

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
did you just now realize this? lol
Lol no. I was looking through the threads I've made (for reasons you'll know about when I'm finished with....the thing I'm talking about) and for some reason, even though I had went to my profile and was looking at threads made by me there was a thread apparently made by a guy called revengeance and it confused me since it was still called the Fujin-eral discussion thread. Must have been merged :( I was just acknowledging my mistake *cries*

OzzFoxx

Hardcore gaming poser.
Can someone explain the appeal of Fujin to me because I honestly don't see it.

He doesn't have much of a personality, his appearance isn't anything ground breaking, his gimmick is wind powers but Kitana can already do that, the crossbow always seemed really out of place and weird to me, and he was only in one game(if you don't found Armageddon).

I have nothing against the guy, I just don't see the hype.
Dude, you are SO RIGHT about all of this. Unfortunately, I completely disagree about Fujin's hype. I think the reason that I'm excited, and perhaps most others, is that when MK4 came out, the depth of mortal kombat's tech was not quite there yet. Fujin may not be a great MK character, but he would be a great MKX character because its easy to imagine how enjoyable his wind capabilities could be in this game's system. Look how fun and unique tremor is when Jax and Goro already had earthquake type stuff in their arsenal. So Kitana's fan whirl would not be so broad that they could not make a character with a unique moveset based on wind.

Regarding the cross bow, there is no excuse for that garbage LOL, even Ed Boon said it was a huge mistake. It does make me remember how happy I was when I noticed NRS avoided the obvious temptation to use one of the three variations for each character as a "weapon variation."

OzzFoxx

Hardcore gaming poser.
I could see ninja smoke happening, since he was in the story. I actually thought it was Noob at first, haha... Until they said his name. Glad they didn't use his stupid long gray hair look.
I know there is probably a post on this, but are we sure who that was in the story? I remember Cage saying smoke (or maybe me thinking it), on the airplane in the beginning but that turned out to be sub-zero. Then there was that completely black guy (i don't have a better way to describe him), that looked like noob but when he said his name I didn't understand it. I'm sure there is a whole post on this somewhere but I am too lazy to look.

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
I know there is probably a post on this, but are we sure who that was in the story? I remember Cage saying smoke (or maybe me thinking it), on the airplane in the beginning but that turned out to be sub-zero. Then there was that completely black guy (i don't have a better way to describe him), that looked like noob but when he said his name I didn't understand it. I'm sure there is a whole post on this somewhere but I am too lazy to look.
I'm pretty sure someone said the name Smoke during that cut-scene. I remember being surprised, like "oh that's Smoke?? Sweet!"