What's new

FRQ Emperor Theo wins Injustice: Gods Among Us at West Coast Warzone 4!

daddydab32ho

KANO, KANO, KAY-NOOOOOO , KANO (DRAKES VOICE)
Congrats Theo!!! and the rest of the top 8 (especially dab putting on a show in his first top 8, glad u did well and you were super close to getting to grand finals) #YEEAAAPPP
Breh so close man so close!!! Good looking little bro!!! Man next time next time!!!! YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP!!!!

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
I mean absolutely no disrespect at all, as Theo is an excellent player, and clearly winning almost every event he goes to with his corner stone MB trident strategy. But there was a good lot of times that the B1 string wasn't hit confirmed, and instead the trident rush appears to be dialled in. I lost count of the amount of times Theo hit someone with the string and could have had a from the deep combo, which leads to huge damage, he could be more dominating and difficult to face. Yes, he does launch opponents, but it appears to only be as a punish. I could be missing something, and maybe from an Aquaman perspective, the MB trident on block and hit always trumps from the deep on hit, I don't know what the thinking is, but please shed some light on this. Again, I mean no disrespect, just something I have noticed, and I think only I care about it. @EMPEROR_THEO I felt the same about it when Kung Lao players hit 21 and didnt hit confirm into spin, this while Kabal players were landing nomad dashes after hit confirming F32 between the already crazy pressure, and cage players would have been murdered for not hit confirming F33 into nut punch. I feel this way about aquamans B12 (I believe it is, I don't main him). Thoughts? FOR SOME REASON MY SENTENCES WONT SPACE!

BS3OOO

Noob
I mean absolutely no disrespect at all, as Theo is an excellent player, and clearly winning almost every event he goes to with his corner stone MB trident strategy. But there was a good lot of times that the B1 string wasn't hit confirmed, and instead the trident rush appears to be dialled in. I lost count of the amount of times Theo hit someone with the string and could have had a from the deep combo, which leads to huge damage, he could be more dominating and difficult to face. Yes, he does launch opponents, but it appears to only be as a punish. I could be missing something, and maybe from an Aquaman perspective, the MB trident on block and hit always trumps from the deep on hit, I don't know what the thinking is, but please shed some light on this. Again, I mean no disrespect, just something I have noticed, and I think only I care about it. @EMPEROR_THEO I felt the same about it when Kung Lao players hit 21 and didnt hit confirm into spin, this while Kabal players were landing nomad dashes after hit confirming F32 between the already crazy pressure, and cage players would have been murdered for not hit confirming F33 into nut punch. I feel this way about aquamans B12 (I believe it is, I don't main him). Thoughts? FOR SOME REASON MY SENTENCES WONT SPACE!
I don't think it's a strategy behind it. In the heat of the moment it's hard to think sometimes. He probably doesn't expect his opponent to actually get hit by his strings, so he falls back on Trident Rush.

BS3OOO

Noob
Congrats @Emperor Theo for winning and the rest of the top 8 for putting on a great show! Unlike others, I don't mind watching Theo play or win at all. I just hate all the pocket Aquamans Theo has created due to his winning. I was looking forward to seeing Nubcake's Batman against 16 Bit, only to find out he plays Aquaman now. I was caught off guard seeing people like Slayer, Deg, and Wound Cowboy (is a previous tourny) bring out their Aquamen. I like character loyalist, but I understand people do what they have to do to win.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
B1 is not easily hit/block confirmable into FTD vs. Trident Rush.

Last edited:
Can't speak for Theo but hitconfirming it isn't that easy for me. Maybe if I actually sat down and practiced it I could get better at it, but I would imagine he's decided that its just not worth it because if you screw up and do FTD on block you're extremely negative.
B12xxtridentrush on hit may not be optimal damage but its still 30% for a bar and just as important if not more:
1) it leaves you in Aquaman's optimal footsies range,
2) it puts you at slight frame advantage and leaves your opponent *standing* which is actually huge since it means there's no invincible wakeups to deal with.

Outside of punishing, B12 is best just used on read IMO, especially if you have trait available, because you can much more easily block confirm into trait and then potentially use your opponents reactions against them if they dial a punish that leaves them open without thinking.

It's hard to hit confirm that move into FTD if you're expecting your opponent to block the whole B12 into TR. It's frustrating at times to not get the full damage out of the combo but preemptively doing FTD after the B12 leaves you at a huge disadvantage unless you have trait available. It's best to just play it safe and go into the B12 TR block string at all times unless you hit them from the beginning with the B12 and know you can safely land FTD.

Ninequads93

Beware your Fears
Awesome tourney all around all you guys that went are cool as hell and I'm especially proud of tyrant and slayer getting top 8 and theo winning you guys are the best also shoutout to @Hysteria for paying my registration <3 ps sinestro is broke peace!
If Sinestro is broke then why did u beat me:( haha its all gud man shoutout to you for playing amazing that comeback with Superman against Rico was the truth, and you play the Sinestro matchup very well. I need to play more Adams on your level (if there is any)......

WCW was a blast and everything was great everyone was cool and got to play lots of sets w/ top players definately an awesome first tournament for me