What's new

FRQ Emperor Theo wins Injustice: Gods Among Us at West Coast Warzone 4!

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
It is that time again, TYM. The Top 8 of West Coast Warzone 4 has come to pass, and the course the finals has taken has culminated in the return of a champion! Without further ado, let's take a moment to review what has gone down!

To kick off the first set, FRQ Emperor Theo and Hitbox Tyrant take to the stage to resume an iconic saga that stems back to their clash at last year's NEC tournament where Tyrant snatched a victory from the jaws of defeat. At the time, Theo had used Superman. Later at SCR, Theo would give his soul over to Atlantis and drop Tyrant into a watery grave. Today at WCW 4, we see Theo shut down Tyrant's legendary comeback factor to take the set 3-1, adding another victory to his name!

Make way for another history lesson, because another portion of nostalgia accompanies the next match between BLT RM Blind Ducky and Empr Whiteboi. Those who watched SCR may recall Whiteboi's convincing victory from their first tournament set, and today they are reminded of how dominating Doomsday is in the hands of Whiteboi, who prevails over Ducky with a 3-0 win!

With Winner's Finals now set to happen, we transition to Loser's Bracket where KN Slayer temporarily diverts from his loyalty to Superman by pulling out Aquaman against IC 88 Dab Prime, who puts this motion to rest, forcing Slayer to retreat to Superman. Although Slayer managed to keep the next two games competitive, the Kryptonian kneels in defeat before the power of Martian Manhunter, ensuring Dab's advance to Loser's Quarterfinals.

Just as GGA 16 Bit and FLK Big Boy stepped up to play their match out, a slight inconvenience arose during which 16 Bit's controller ceased to function properly. Luckily for him, Theo uses a pad of a similar brand to his own, and so Theo lends him his pad so that the match can continue. This inconvenience, however, did not stop 16 Bit from taking the first game against Big Boy, nor did it impede his dominance throughout the rest of the set. He eliminates Big Boy 3-0!

For Winner's Finals, the oceans of Atlantis surge in fury against the bringer of the Apocalypse, as Theo and Whiteboi are forced to face each other in a conflict where the winner would send his teammate into Loser's Bracket (both players are members of the Emperor clan). At first, Theo's clever use of MB B3 gives him solid control of the match, but Whiteboi's resolve did not weaken and the technical aspects of his gameplay shone through to give him a close 3-2 victory over Theo! The Apocalypse is finally at hand...or is it?! The tournament had yet to be concluded, and more surprises were in the works!

With one half of the Grand Finals bracket having been filled, the Loser's Bracket gets back into motion and Hitbox Tyrant takes on Dab Prime in a display of Solomon Grundy vs. Martian Manhunter. The pendulum teeters back and forth with almost no signs of stopping - not even an accidental input in the fourth game prevented Tyrant from drawing upon his comeback factor to stave off defeat. Unfortunately for him, in the final game, control swings completely back to Dab and Tyrant is eliminated from the tournament. In a battle between representatives from opposing sides of the state of California, it was NorCal's hero who would charge ahead in the West Coast Warzone.

In spite of his loss at the hands of Whiteboi from earlier, Ducky would not let 16 Bit clip his bird's wings without a fight. Catwoman's notorious alterations in her hitbox benefit her ability to approach Raven, as demonstrated by 16 Bit's victory in the first game...however, Ducky responds back with some fierce adaptation and even finishes his opponent 3-1 in the Hall of Justice Plaza, a level that basically exists to serve Raven.

This meant that not one, but two of NorCal's heroes had made it to Loser's Semifinals...sadly, for the tournament to continue, one would have to defeat the other. It was quite common for these two to hash it out during the BLTB local weeklies back at their home, and here they stand in a major tournament for a chance at glory. Ducky had initially triumphed over Dab Prime to send him to Loser's Bracket, but this time around the opposite outcome occurred. The Raven's wings have been clipped...for now.

What would occur in Loser's Finals would leave every single spectator in awe. The trades of blows between both top-tier icons, the dropped combos in critical mments, the strategy running strongthe dramatic comebacks - it was all there. There was simply no way to predict the course each match would take. Everyone watched with bated breath as Theo and Dab endured the physical and mental aspects of their battle. Finally, a timely MB Water Shield from Theo sends Martian Manhunter fleeing back to the desolate regions of outer space. FRQ Emperor Theo's reign would not be ended!

WCW4 Injustice Grand Finals.png

With Dab's defeat, the Grand Finals would come down to a rematch between Whiteboi and Theo, one of the Floridian Doomsdays versus California's King of Atlantis. Having learned from the course of their previous bout, Theo maintains a steady control and staves off the Apocalypse enough to reset the bracket 3-1.

In the final set of the tournament, Whiteboi draws upon his spacing ability to widen the gap by two wins against Theo, but his hopes for victory are dashed by Theo's disastrous comeback ability through his use of MB B3! Flustered, Whiteboi tries vainly to end Theo's reign over the West Coast, and falls just short in the end.

Once again, the West Coast kneels before Emperor Theo who stands triumphantly over a ravaged battlefield! Congratulations to him for reminding the Injustice community why he is the best Aquaman player to ever do it!

Tournament Placings

7th Place: KN Slayer and FLK Big Boy
5th Place: Hitbox Tyrant and GGA 16 Bit
4th Place: BLT RM Blind Ducky
3rd Place: IC 88 Dab Prime
2nd Place: Empr Whiteboi
Tournament Champion: FRQ Emperor Theo

Match Log for Top 8 finals for Injustice at West Coast Warzone 4

Winner's Semifinals

FRQ Emperor Theo (Aquaman): 3 vs. Hitbox Tyrant (Solomon Grundy): 1

BLT RM Blind Ducky (Raven): 0 vs. Empr Whiteboi (Doomsday): 3

Loser's Bracket

KN Slayer (Aquaman and Superman): 0 vs. IC 88 Dab Prime (Martian Manhunter): 3

GGA 16 Bit (Catwoman): 3 vs. FLK Big Boy (Superman and Black Adam): 0

Winner's Finals

FRQ Emperor Theo (Aquaman): 2 vs. Empr Whiteboi (Doomsday): 3

Loser's Quarterfinals

Hitbox Tyrant (Solomon Grundy): 2 vs. IC 88 Dab Prime (Martian Manhunter): 3

GGA 16 Bit (Catwoman): 1 vs. BLT RM Blind Ducky (Raven): 3

Loser's Semifinals

BLT RM Blind Ducky (Raven): 1 vs. IC 88 Dab Prime (Martian Manhunter): 3

Loser's Finals

IC 88 Dab Prime (Martian Manhunter): 2 vs. FRQ Emperor Theo (Aquaman): 3

Grand Finals

Empr Whiteboi (Doomsday): 1 vs. FRQ Emperor Theo (Aquaman): 3

Grand Finals with brackets reset by Theo

Empr Whiteboi (Doomsday): 2 vs. FRQ Emperor Theo (Aquaman): 3

Last edited:
E

Eldriken

Amazing, amazing Top 8! Especially the Grand Finals!

@EMPEROR_THEO and @Tm_whiteboi both played wonderfully.

I must say this, however: FUCK MB TRIDENT RUSH.

Nothing against Theo. He really knows the Doomsday MU.

Whiteboi...holy shit, your adjustments were spot on. I loved how you started doing b231 to alter your pressure. You very rarely ever see people use that string.

10/10 Grand Finals. Would watch again.

That was a sick GF, although I was rooting for White_boi congrats to Theo. White_boi was on point with the whiff punishes, really surprised he couldn't get the win, nonetheless great showing.

Nice come back Theo.

Whatever SonicFox told you it worked LOL.

Props to Whiteboi for making it all the way to grand finals. That was some impressive Doomsday play.

Kitana Prime

Top-tier at everything but the characters I choose
So sorry Nick I wasn't there to scream you to victory. My life is ass and doesn't allow me to do anything post CEO really :(

Just one thing....

When I watch this, will I be able to endure the Trident Rush?

Odoyle

Drops combos
Congrats Theo!! Also congrats to my boys Dab for getting 3rd place and Ducky breaking into a stacked top 8!!

OT: @Rickyraws Dolphins beat the Pats last year and got robbed the game before. They should have three in row over them if it wasn't for that BS. They're not bodying anyone.

Rickyraws

This mean you don't like me?
Congrats Theo!! Also congrats to my boys Dab for getting 3rd place and Ducky breaking into a stacked top 8!!

OT: @Rickyraws Dolphins beat the Pats last year and got robbed the game before. They should have three in row over them if it wasn't for that BS. They're not bodying anyone.
We. Shall. See.

Jeffreys

Grundy think you handsome!
Good job Theo, even though I can't stand aquaman, you and Brady are the only ones id watch.