What's new

FRQ|Emperor Theo Wins Injustice at UFGT:X!

coolwhip

Noob
That's true. But there are also far more aggressive players that won more MK9 tournaments than DJT (and they were probably helped by the characters they chose).

I mean, Carl, as crazy as he is, won 2 straight EVOs (how many people can ever say they've done that?).

Overall, it seems like it comes down to both.
I'd say MK9 in general, was a more offense oriented game, especially when you factor in chip damage on normals, a block button, etc...

That's obviously not to say that you can't win with patience (16 Bit, DJT, Pig and others are pretty patient players), but I also don't think that patience = defense. They're not quite the same thing.

I'd say MK9 in general, was a more offense oriented game, especially when you factor in chip damage on normals, a block button, etc...

That's obviously not to say that you can't win with patience (16 Bit, DJT, Pig and others are pretty patient players), but I also don't think that patience = defense. They're not quite the same thing.
Yeah there is patience in waiting things out and blocking, then there is patience in approaching an opponent as well.

SonicBoomBrad

Best Doomsday in the world
Mad props to @HoneyBee for being one of the strongest tournament opponents I've played so far.

Also I really don't understand where this "GL is ass" thing is coming from. He has all the tools to do well. Him, Doomsday, and Deathstroke have all the tools to make top 8. You'll probably never see them win, but they definitely all have the tools to win every match up. Mid tier is mid tier for a reason.

Fromundaman

I write too much.
Man, I almost died a few times during UFGT. It was really great to see so many moments where the crowd stood up to scream because they couldn't believe what they were seeing.

So many hype finishes, unexpected comebacks, clutch moments etc.
There were just as many hype moments off-stream too. PPJ vs Dream Sword was ridiculously hype for example. Thankfully, I think that one might be recorded.

Mad props to @HoneyBee for being one of the strongest tournament opponents I've played so far.

Also I really don't understand where this "GL is ass" thing is coming from. He has all the tools to do well. Him, Doomsday, and Deathstroke have all the tools to make top 8. You'll probably never see them win, but they definitely all have the tools to win every match up. Mid tier is mid tier for a reason.
I 100% agree with you. Lift is sooo dirty if you're great at reacting to movements or making incredible reads.....and all those set ups are insane. I don't get it.

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
I don't think GL is ass, I think he's pretty good.

:confused:

I also think he does fine against AM, even back in vanilla where I played Brady and Riyo's pre-nerfed AM a million times. @MITDJT is right about it being life-lead based.

Until something happens it's basically Air Rocket > FTD > Air Rocket > FTD etc.

Last edited:

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Until something happens it's basically Air Rocket > FTD > Air Rocket > FTD etc.
If you are winning that battle, then the AM player probably doesn't know the spacing or timing of how to blow up air rockets.

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
If you are winning that battle, then the AM player probably doesn't know the spacing or timing of how to blow up air rockets.
it's not a battle to be won, though. just a stalling tactic to build meter and do chip while looking to bait them into doing something aggressive