What's new

Freddy Krueger is Officially Hat Tier

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
meh, people who bitch about him fall in two camps, people that hate freddy,a nd people that geniunely feel hes OP.

ill be maining him. the way i see it, if cyrax can have his crazy combos/resets and frametraps. why cant freddy? the only thing that looks odd to me is his xray scaling.

now as for the rest, they def gave him the bag of tricks.

a vertical stun, a unique tele, high/low zoning mixup, multiple juggle options and safe 50/50's leading into high damage.

he basically has everything needed for rushdown AND zoning...hell his zoning is almost better then noobs save for the fact that shadowtackle actually tackles, but both do more damage.

i do want to compare him slightly to cyrax. both are meterwhores when at there best. cyrax has net, krueg has the dream dust. they both have teleports albet different kinds, both have crappy wakeupgame, both do a LOT of damage. i dont know about krueg's frametraps, but cyrax has some damn good ones.

the real imbalance i see is his "completly" safe 50/50 game that leads into 40%+ combos.

so you either take away his 50/50 game, or nerf his damage.

id prefer nerfing the damage. meterless damage at least.
Cyrax can't have his resets, they're getting patched out. After that it's just his 50%~ :en bomb combo which is reasonable because it's his only damage source outside of corner bomb trap. And really dude? 61% damage wall carry BnB for one bar doesn't seem odd to you? Please. The :x scaling is the least of your worries considering how vital :en Hell Spike is to his game, and that his best defensive option (at least at this point anyway) is a breaker.

High/low zoning mixup? Huh? It's called duck the high and (dash)block or jump the low.

The damage has to be nerfed for the purpose of balance. It's nonsensical in it's current state.

What would have done thirteen years ago when somebody picked V-Akuma in the arcade and proceed to assfuck you with unblockables, unfair 50/50s into damage Freddy dreams he had(lol), and guard break pressured you to death? Write a letter to Capcom that they need to patch their game because this character is strong and you can't X-ism Juni and win, or would you baller up and learn how to fight that shit? People back then baller'd up, son.
Yeah, and this is something we all totally have to do now because patches don't exist.

And you can't learn to fight a 50/50. That's why it's called a 50/50.

D. R.

Noob
What would have done thirteen years ago when somebody picked V-Akuma in the arcade and proceed to assfuck you with unblockables, unfair 50/50s into damage Freddy dreams he had(lol), and guard break pressured you to death? Write a letter to Capcom that they need to patch their game because this character is strong and you can't X-ism Juni and win, or would you baller up and learn how to fight that shit? People back then baller'd up, son.
Come on man, that's a very stupid comparison. What year is it now? Oh yeah, 2011, a more digitally advanced year where we don't have to deal with broken shit. Things back then couldn't be simply "patched." The developers would have to release a new version of the game. Nowadays, it takes a matter of 60 seconds to download a patch to fix something considered broken. I don't like easy in my fighting games. If you want easy, play Marvel.

Freddy isn't even all that great. He has some good moves but come on. Ya'll act like he's so overpowered and you can't beat him, it's kinda sad.

Besides, hitting a 60% combo in training mode isn't the same as a real match.

I$AAC

Noob
outside of a few combos (and yes his damage is HELLA stupid) I don't feel that I've put enough time to call him OP yet. Id have to play OFFLINE human opponents to do that. If nothing else, He needs to be banned till they fix the whole "random projectiles goig through him" thing.

edit; and I heard damage scaling is broken for him. Yep, definite ban till they fix all his bugs

wolfe

Noob
his damage scaling is broken...

now watch how many people dont read this post, and keep posting "his damage is too uber!"

gonna go practice more lol.

Ashenar

Just a slightly above average player.....
Anyone else notice his projectiles are bugged up and appear to ghost around the screen a few times lol. Also I deflected one back to him with kenshi only to see him shoot one out before it got to him and canceled out the deflected one and also ends up hitting me with the new one. Talk about recovery they should release frame data on him lol I bet its nuts.

TyrantRave

タイラント・レイブ
Anyone else notice his projectiles are bugged up and appear to ghost around the screen a few times lol. Also I deflected one back to him with kenshi only to see him shoot one out before it got to him and canceled out the deflected one and also ends up hitting me with the new one. Talk about recovery they should release frame data on him lol I bet its nuts.
Yea I've had my gloves wiff then travel around the world to hit me in the back of the head. Wtf is that?

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
I really don't know how or why in almost every thread there's someone belittling another fighting game. I don't mean to be overly dramatic here, but come the fuck on guys. Why does everyone do that now? Not only the MK community, but nearly all of the FGC does this dumbass shit.

Just cut it out, or you'll be cut out.

Well, Tom knows more about MK than I ever will, so I'll trust his word. I'm looking forward to see his assessment of Freddy as a whole.

TrickyNick

Weather Man
Yea I agree. TYM has been too much drama lately.
Yea man no kidding. Everyone is arguing about something these days. You see no one discussing kung lao now lol..give it two weeks then we will see KUNG LAO NEEDS NERFED!!! or REPTILE DASH NEEDS NERFED!!! threads lol.

Lyuben

Sinestro's might!
Yea man no kidding. Everyone is arguing about something these days. You see no one discussing kung lao now lol..give it two weeks then we will see KUNG LAO NEEDS NERFED!!! or REPTILE DASH NEEDS NERFED!!! threads lol.
I think you are being pessimistic. We are a strong community and we do not whine about pointless things. But have you seen Jax's dash punch? Its too fast, needs to be at fully punishable on block as well!

TyrantRave

タイラント・レイブ
Next week is raiden. I called it.