What's new

Freddy Krueger is Officially Hat Tier

Altaire

Noob
Seriously though, I was a little mad about the Kenshi F3,2 but then I got used to fighting it and besides, the amount of Kenshi's online went down. With Rain, I knew he had some good combos, but they actually take timing (except for EX Roundhouse absolute armor, that shit gots to go). Freddy, 2 minutes in training and I know a 50% 1 meter and don't even drop it consistently enough to consider it a "skill" combo.
Oh come the fuck on man, that was two paragraphs. Get out of here.

Kenshi's F3 2 is bullshit for how easily it stuffs wakeups, but other than that, you just need to block low whenever he gets in and fuzzy guard his overhead. Kenshi is a great character, but a punishable character, and a character with no crossup defense in the slightest. With the way this is shaping up, Freddy is looking a hell of a lot more broke'd than Kenshi could ever dream of being.

TyrantRevolver

Darkwave Digital
Well if this many people are seeing projectiles pass through Freddy then I guess its safe to say NRS really just pushed this one out the door. Maybe their leaning far too much on "on the fly" patches and fixes. BS. You still need to test your work before calling it finished.

Well if this many people are seeing projectiles pass through Freddy then I guess its safe to say NRS really just pushed this one out the door. Maybe their leaning far too much on "on the fly" patches and fixes. BS. You still need to test your work before calling it finished.
Because Lord knows that all fighting games and their additions are released on console with no problems, whatsoever.

Glitches and needed patches clearly never existed before. It's only MK. Yup.

he looks very strong but only time will tell how good he really is

in my opinion his overhead should be a few frames slower because it leads to big damage and it is not so easy to react to it and he has a 100% safe low that leads to big damage
so here we have a character who gets a 50/50 game for big damage at close with very little risk because the low is 100% safe and the overhead is cancel to db1 which is like -9 on block making it very hard to punish for some characters and imposible to punish for other characters and not so hard to punish for only one character in the game kung lao

Shady

Noob
Because Lord knows that all fighting games and their additions are released on console with no problems, whatsoever.

Glitches and needed patches clearly never existed before. It's only MK. Yup.
To the extent that we've been seeing it, yes, only MK. They patch the game prematurely, they listen to too many people putting in things as buffs that didn't need to be there. Then they bring things that were widely agreed upon as some pretty broken attacks (Rune Trap) back. Simply put, they would benefit from more testing, A LOT more testing.

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
FFS, they could justify releasing a hotfix solely for this guy. LOL @ NRS's thought process here. There is absolutely zero excuse for what they've done for this character. How the hell could they turn him loose with these damage values alone? No justification whatsoever.

Granted, I know Krueger exists primarily to draw in the unskilled dipshits of the world, but they don't need a compensator like this. It's stupid. For all his moves, damage, fast combo starters, zoning, the safe 50/50s (in which both options lead to 50+% damage), so on and so forth, there is goddamn no reason to use anyone else in the game.

NRS can choke for all I care. This is so far beyond sloppy, it's like getting bukkaked in a sausage vat.

Kombo

Noob
Its to soon to judge but I totaly seen this coming. I don't have as much of a problem with Freddy now than I did at the announcement of his release, but if all some of you has been saying is true... Every time I play online and see Freddy's face on the character select screen or hear a hidden cursor I'm backing out the game.

Then again, I might just buy him after looking at a few of his combo videos.

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
Skarlet actually is pretty broken. People thought Kenshi was broken because they're idiots and anyone with zoning abilities is automatically broken regardless of actual abilities. Never heard anyone except Magicman say Rain (or at least, a specific aspect of Rain) was/is broken, and that guy's an idiot.

On the other hand, Freddy does between 50-69% damage every time he touches you, has a safe 50/50 (both of which lead to about 51-54% damage), good projectiles, good teleport. The only downside to him is a (seeming) lack of wake-up and three, four, I'm a meterwhore. Which doesn't even really matter since he's got a 42%ish meterless combo off a fast starting launching string, and if you do have meter, you can keep that combo going. Damage scaling's never heard of this dude.

He needs to have his damage drastically reduced. That's just reality. He really shouldn't be breaking 45%~ without a corner. Fuck, he could do just fine if his damage was completely capped at 45%.

Actually, fuck it. He's underpowered. Needs + on block dive kick and ice-clone.

High damage combos, yes.

However, if online is any indication, the rest of his game isn't that spectacular.

I still say Skarlet is worse.

Subby

Frost Warrior
Skarlet actually is pretty broken. People thought Kenshi was broken because they're idiots and anyone with zoning abilities is automatically broken regardless of actual abilities. Never heard anyone except Magicman say Rain (or at least, a specific aspect of Rain) was/is broken, and that guy's an idiot.

On the other hand, Freddy does between 50-69% damage every time he touches you, has a safe 50/50 (both of which lead to about 51-54% damage), good projectiles, good teleport. The only downside to him is a (seeming) lack of wake-up and three, four, I'm a meterwhore. Which doesn't even really matter since he's got a 42%ish meterless combo off a fast starting launching string, and if you do have meter, you can keep that combo going. Damage scaling's never heard of this dude.

He needs to have his damage drastically reduced. That's just reality. He really shouldn't be breaking 45%~ without a corner. Fuck, he could do just fine if his damage was completely capped at 45%.

Actually, fuck it. He's underpowered. Needs + on block dive kick and ice-clone.
Spin. Don't forget the spin.

I highly doubt NRS has any say in the marketing portion of the game. They just make the characters/game, if WB or what not wants something out by X time, than it's got to be that way regardless.

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
High damage combos, yes.

However, if online is any indication, the rest of his game isn't that spectacular.

I still say Skarlet is worse.
Skarlet is definitely worse. I don't think Freddy is broken, but he's literally OP. Waaaaaaaaay too much damage. Especially considering the jump-punch :l:bp/:l:fk 50/50 is zero risk, half your opponents life as a reward. And it looks like you can set it up by hitting your opponent with :bp:bp, at least, that string seems to give a safe-jump.

I really like this guy's playstyle. I just don't like the fact that NRS released him like this. It's like something Capcom would do. I mean... what the fuck made them think these damage values were okay? I really want an official statement about this, otherwise I'm left with my own analysis which is that NRS is completely incompetent and undeserving of my money if they're so ignorant to the functionality of the game they themselves coded that they think a character who can fart out 50-69% damage is okay.

Cyrax's bullshit is one thing. Freddy Krueger's is another entirely. Cyrax has resets, it seems totally reasonable to me that NRS didn't catch on to their existence until the community discovered them. But what Krueger does is from combos; he was constructed like this. They knew the kind of damage he did right from the get go. What is their explanation for this? Did they not talk to a single - fucking - player over the course of DLC development who said "uh, yeah, this damage from his BnB stuff is retarded" or something along those lines?

It simply makes no sense to me.

Theme

Noob
Skarlet is definitely worse. I don't think Freddy is broken, but he's literally OP. Waaaaaaaaay too much damage. Especially considering the jump-punch :l:bp/:l:fk 50/50 is zero risk, half your opponents life as a reward. And it looks like you can set it up by hitting your opponent with :bp:bp, at least, that string seems to give a safe-jump.

I really like this guy's playstyle. I just don't like the fact that NRS released him like this. It's like something Capcom would do. I mean... what the fuck made them think these damage values were okay? I really want an official statement about this, otherwise I'm left with my own analysis which is that NRS is completely incompetent and undeserving of my money if they're so ignorant to the functionality of the game they themselves coded that they think a character who can fart out 50-69% damage is okay.

Cyrax's bullshit is one thing. Freddy Krueger's is another entirely. Cyrax has resets, it seems totally reasonable to me that NRS didn't catch on to their existence until the community discovered them. But what Krueger does is from combos; he was constructed like this. They knew the kind of damage he did right from the get go. What is their explanation for this? Did they not talk to a single - fucking - player over the course of DLC development who said "uh, yeah, this damage from his BnB stuff is retarded" or something along those lines?

Maybe NRS was not aware of how good he could be.... They suck at this game maybe?

See, I'm still confounded by the community response to him.

Before he was released, many posters here stated that Freddy would suck, and that they would half-ass him since he's just here for publicity and sales.
NOW, everyone's saying they purposely unbalanced him for the same reason.

Even though, as stated, Skarlet is worse, and I don't think any Cyrax players have a right to moan.

Do I think Freddy is OP? Yes.
Do I think he's as bad as Cyrax, Skarlet, or even Raiden? No.

Shady

Noob
I completely agree. He is not necessarily broken, but he is OP. His mix-up is a lot like KL where he get's no risk for it being blocked since it is as safe as it is. It just baffles me how these characters have these moves and at no point are they under any risk eve if their moves fail. Like REALLY?! The other thing about Freddy is his DF+4 how you can pretty much do it after any combo and get a safe jump in punch to continue pressure where the opponent has to block or risk being stunned again into another 50%+ combo.

CoolStoryBro

Reppin' The Royalty!
I say let it play out too, but unless he has trouble accessing his higher damage combos or there's some glaring flaw we're just not seeing, he sounds pretty fucking broken to me. I'm not even one to jump on the bandwagon when it comes to DLC characters; when Kenshi first came out, everyone said he was broken as fuck, and I just said "Jesus christ it's day one give it a fucking week before you start blacklisting". When Rain came out, you had people on both sides of the fence, ranging from "Rain has high damage combos that means he's god-tier" or "Rain feels kind of clunky that means he's shit-tier", and yet again, I told people to just give it time. The difference is that neither of those characters can easily rack up 50 and 60% combos with no ostensible drawbacks. I'll still wait it out, but I'm not very optimistic.

By the way, I threw an ice ball at Freddy with Sub Zero right after the round started, from around 3/4 to fullscreen distance. Freddy did some kind of delayed slash, which I assume was a special (I wouldn't know, hell if I'd ever shell out money for this shit). The ice ball went right through him.

This was not an EX move.

This was not a wakeup attack.

He just went right. Fucking. Through it. I want to say "oh it's cool it's probably just a glitch and he's not really that broken" but even if that IS the case, what the fuck? MK has some pretty crippling, ostensibly random glitches that I turn a blind eye to. I love the game and I want it to succeed, but I've admittedly had a couple breakpoints where all the random mishaps piled up enough that it finally got to me, at which point I just wanted nothing to do with the game for awhile. None of those glitches have been anything like this. THIS is a whole other level of bullshit. I really hope this was just a one-off occurrence, because if not, I don't know how much longer I'll be able to tolerate this.
I was Using freddy earlier to test him online, and was fighting a kabal.. his Buzz saws went straight through me, Lol

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
See, I'm still confounded by the community response to him.

Before he was released, many posters here stated that Freddy would suck, and that they would half-ass him since he's just here for publicity and sales.
NOW, everyone's saying they purposely unbalanced him for the same reason.

Even though, as stated, Skarlet is worse, and I don't think any Cyrax players have a right to moan.

Do I think Freddy is OP? Yes.
Do I think he's as bad as Cyrax, Skarlet, or even Raiden? No.
I think what a lot of people are pissed about is that he's really good and he has no business being in the game, ya know? Sure, Cyrax resets are bullshit along with Raiden's teleport, KL's spin...the list goes on and on, but those characters are actual MK characters. Essentially, have a guest character be near top tier just seems dumb and a slap in the face to MK fans who might love Sheeva or Baraka.

That's just what I think.

I'd expect Street Fighter fans to be pissed as well if the fuckin' CandyMan got thrown into their game and pissed all over Yun like he was Dan in vanilla.

I think what a lot of people are pissed about is that he's really good and he has no business being in the game, ya know? Sure, Cyrax resets are bullshit along with Raiden's teleport, KL's spin...the list goes on and on, but those characters are actual MK characters. Essentially, have a guest character be near top tier just seems dumb and a slap in the face to MK fans who might love Sheeva or Baraka.

That's just what I think.
And, in my humble opinion, they can cry me a river, build a bridge, and get the hell over it.