What's new

General/Other - Ferra/Torr Ferra & Torr General Discussion Thread

Best novel title for Ferra & Torr?

• The Little Munchkin and her Faithful Servant.

Votes: 14 11.4%
  • The Savage Cutie and her Obedient Brute.

Votes: 18 14.6%
  • The Vicious Dwarf and her Huggy Buddy.

Votes: 18 14.6%
  • The Small Woman and her Adrift Protector.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • The Pygmy Lady and the Hopeless Soul.

Votes: 12 9.8%
  • Cutie and the Beast

Votes: 72 58.5%

• Total voters

Ardul

Noob
Imo:
Downside is slow startup on launchers. Fastest launcher is f2 - 15 frames. Only lackey can get a faster launcher by using meter. So if a move is safer than -15 ur only getting a 20% punish. That also means his mixups are easy to react to. U have b3 but u wont get much from it.

And Lackey is easliy his best variation imo. Just has many more options that vicious. Vicious only really has the zoning options.
Away from game, but I think Lackey b+2 its slower. You havent an OH unseeable.

Shade667

#StrongisthenewCute
19 frame overhead is still REALLY slow. 4 frames dont make a difference from 19-23.
Lackey gets more from his anyway dueo to having more options.
The character has other downsides that im sure better players can explain. Thats just my opinion.

Kamikaze_Highlander

PSN: Windude008
Is ending combos with usually F3,2 your go to? I've been playing around with ending them in B1,2,1xxPnG to see if I can eat their wakeups and punish/mix them up in the process. I'm not sure how functional it really is, though; I'm sure most of my success using it has been because most people ain't nevah faced no Ruthless F/T befo'.
Problem is the second they pick up on what you're doing they delay and blow you up on recovery.

Jaku2011

Filled with determination
Not sure if this has been said and I'm not sure if it's even true, but while playing I'm noticing that njk in the corner seems to reverse wakeup or at least make it seem like Torr will be on the other side but stays on the same side.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
Not sure if this has been said and I'm not sure if it's even true, but while playing I'm noticing that njk in the corner seems to reverse wakeup or at least make it seem like Torr will be on the other side but stays on the same side.
Torruken in Lackey does that too if they don't tech roll. I follow it up with a neutral jump 3 on their wake up because of they wake up it goes under Torr and whiffs out of the corner so you can punish with F2 back into the corner. If they block it and you do it suuuper late D1 is a true block string afterwards they cant armor out. Otherwise pretty much everything other than the overhead is a frame trap

Jaku2011

Filled with determination
Torruken in Lackey does that too if they don't tech roll. I follow it up with a neutral jump 3 on their wake up because of they wake up it goes under Torr and whiffs out of the corner so you can punish with F2 back into the corner. If they block it and you do it suuuper late D1 is a true block string afterwards they cant armor out. Otherwise pretty much everything other than the overhead is a frame trap
Ya that's usually my go to in the corner I only noticed it reversed wake up when I played a Sun God and he clearly tried to ex command grab on wakeup but was turned around and got ex parry instead. Felt like good ol Injustice

WiseTree

Best Of Worst
Hey guys. Being a newbie I was wondering if anyone could explain in what situations would you use Lackey's roll? Whenever I try to use it I either get blown up or end up at their feet. Reading around the forum though I get the impression that it's supposed to be really good, but I just cannot figure out how to use it :(

chrisofrays

Fish can hear you thinkin just before you sneeze
As a combo ender to switch sides. As a punish, EX through projectiles or if you predict theyre gona wakeup. I rarely throw regular roll out but it can catch people off gaurd because of Lakeys slow movement.

WiseTree

Best Of Worst
As a combo ender to switch sides. As a punish, EX through projectiles or if you predict theyre gona wakeup. I rarely throw regular roll out but it can catch people off gaurd because of Lakeys slow movement.
Isn't charge a better option for projectiles due to more armor and invincibility frames? I remember trying to roll through his-qu-ten's projectile spam and not getting to the enemy.

I use it on wakeup, and if they keep getting through it I switch it to charge. But its mostly on wakeup for me.
Do you use non-ex for wakeup? Somehow I didn't realise that was an option :eek:

Shade667

#StrongisthenewCute
I use non ex most of the time, but it gets blown up by alot of things. Kung lao especially.

Charge is better, but roll is quick, people dont expect it ive found.
If I really need to get out of the corner or something Ill either ex roll or Ex command grab.