What's new

Evo # of entrants officially released + EST. total pot

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
Injustice just had MLG, and USFIV wasn't at MLG.

Naturally, we're going to have less entrants at Evo, because many people can't afford to go to both. All their travel expenses and entry fee go to one or the other because of financial limits, not both.

It is in no way a sign that the game is unhealthy.

How this is flying above everyone's head is beyond me…

But 200 people didn't go to MLG. We lost 271 entrants since last year. If it were only 80, that'd be a plausible explanation.

Never said it was unhealthy!
i meant in comparison, to other's looks doubtful about next year, but then again KOF is there too, which if i recall, it had low numbers last year ?
Well Kof last year had around 430 not to mention the hype top 8..

how many of the guys that went to MLG is coming to evo?

Injustice just had MLG, and USFIV wasn't at MLG.

Naturally, we're going to have less entrants at Evo, because many people can't afford to go to both. All their travel expenses and entry fee go to one or the other because of financial limits, not both.

It is in no way a sign that the game is unhealthy.

How this is flying above everyone's head is beyond me…
You are delirious if you think that's why USF4 has 1500 more entrants. And also in regards to KI. The only reason it doesn't have twice the number of entrants as injustice is because it's a console exclusive on a system that's been out for a year as opposed to a decade. This is not to shit on Injustice, it has healthy tournament numbers, would be nice is NRS added a pot bonus but that's whatever I think people should still be happy with what's being offered.

I just state these things because so many of you have rose tinted glasses for Injustice which feeds ridiculous statements like MLG is why USF4 has more entrants than injustice. Or KI players should feel ashamed that they are going to have a higher turn out and get to win more money.

I do think evo will have a big impact on injustice. If the finals fail to garner hype it's going to be hard seeing the game move forward, especially with MKX on the horizon.

I'm surprised SF has almost twice the UMvC3 numbers. Usually they're almost always equal in entrants but now for the first time SF completely buries Marvel.

300 entrants for Injustice is decent (and a lot more than MLG) but last year was almost 600 entrants.. To be healthy your numbers should be steady or increasing not dropping by half imo. So it's not a good look for the long term future. I think Injustice could maybe have another year at EVO (if they have 9 main games) but after that it's going to be hard with the new Smash, GG Xrd, MKX, Capcom's and SNK's mistery fighting games and whatever Namco brings to the table in 2015.

Last edited:

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
Injustice has the lowest prize pool of all the games, if I saw that correctly. No prize bonus hurts. I'm sure a lot of people are entering BlazBlue simply because of that huge prize bonus. I'd bet the Tekken numbers would be half that without their bonus, as well (no knock on Tekken, it's my favorite fighter).

I fear the finals of Injustice at EVO will just be cartwheels and trident rushes, anyway. I really don't want a repeat of last year. That was awful. Someone rig the brackets so the finals are Tyrant vs. Digit.

Last edited:
I'm surprised SF has almost twice the UMvC3 numbers. Usually they're almost always equal in entrants but now for the first time SF completely buries Marvel.

300 entrants for Injustice is decent (and a lot more than MLG) but last year was almost 600 entrants.. To be healthy your numbers should be steady or increasing not dropping by half imo. So it's not a good look for the long term future. I think Injustice could have another year at EVO but after that it's going to be hard with the new Smash, GG Xrd, MKX, Capcom's mistery fighting game and whatever Namco brings to the table in 2015.
Capcom lost the Marvel license. So a lot of players took that as there is no future for the franchise. Because of the license issue, you cannot buy the game anymore both new or digitally, you can only pickup used copies. The numbers dropped significantly after the lost license.

But remember that number of entrants is not always what matters the most. The hype of the matches and number of viewers is going to play a big role to decide if IGAU returns next year or not.

SFxT had almost equal entrants as AE 2012 but it was a total snooze fest. So you can have 1000 people playing a game but if no one likes watching it then your game won't be back as a main game.

And if a game has 300 entrants but with 100k viewers I'm pretty sure it's chances to comeback as a main game are higher.

I think IGAU finals might be either Sat or Sun morning..
Usually lowest entries finals are first, so if it is first on a Sun then I fear low viewing figures.

EndofGameBoss

That's about right.
2k people for USFIV doesn't surprise me. EVO is the one tournament online warriors will even attend because of it's prestige. It's the Superbowl of fighting games and some people save up all year for this one tournament. I'm excited to see what unfolds.

I am anxious... Regardless of balance, if we see nothing but 'Aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh' and 'Miss Vortex' characters in top 8, then it will be the last time Injustice goes to Evo.

Lets not be Tekken 6 guys. Go out for Aquaman and Batgirls and bring back some scalps.

Klesk_1

RIP Grundy
What part of xbox one exclusive dont you understand?
i never said i don't understand anything? you're weird.

I am anxious... Regardless of balance, if we see nothing but 'Aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh' and 'Miss Vortex' characters in top 8, then it will be the last time Injustice goes to Evo.

Lets not be Tekken 6 guys. Go out for Aquaman and Batgirls and bring back some scalps.
USFIV was always bound to be like that given the game just came out and brought back loads of old players - me included! Wish i was going myself. That being said i agree with you on this, if it ends up with trident rush all day it's going to kill the hype pretty quick. Fingers crossed Grundy wins the whole thing (JTB/Tyrant) :]

D7MHellcat

Frozen Earth
I really worry that we'll have a disastrous showing of the game again. Injustice has it's moments where it's insanely hype, but recently the Grand Finals have been painfully boring. Aquaman is a big, boring, unstoppable force in the hands of Theo. Just please don't get booed again. :(

Hades

Noob
Why are people suprised about the injustice number dropping off? When a games in its first year of release it will typically have more entrants. I mean look at MK9 it had 500 in 2011 and that number steadily decreased each evo. This i believe will hold true for KI and the game will suffer heavy losses if its even at evo 2015. Also i believe the reason street fighter has so many more entrants than UMVC3 is the recent addition of ultra typically anything new and exciting gets a lot more casual players entering tournaments like evo has large numbers the first year and then the number drops off.... Excluding capcom of course

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
I am very impressed at KI numbers. People said they were saving to come to EVO on forums and FB groups and they werent lying. Good stuff to them. Honestly, I was expecting a max of 200 given the other tournaments.

If it makes a 2nd year at EVO, unless S2 is a flop it will probably decay less than other games due to new content, and possibly more Xbone adopters for games such as MKX.