What's new

Everything wrong with Destiny

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
He's not that Zyos, his personality isn't the same at all. It'd be sick if he was though.
Next time you and I are at the same event we gotta get some Halo 1 casuals in haha,I miss that game so much
Dude halo 1 is my all time favorite game and i cant wait to play the new halo 1 multiplayer when it comes out. Your getting halo aniversery too right?

Crathen

Death is my business
Is it worth taking Vanguard beyond rank 3 or should I start leveling up faction?
Depends if you want stuff from other factions , whenever you level up vanguard / crucible /factions over 3 you get some freebies with chances of legendaries from their own stuff ( i got the vanquisher VIII like this on lv3 New Monarchy ) , if you like PVE more than PVP you should try get the Future cult war armor since it gives intelligence+discipline ( super+granades )

Forbidden_Donut

"You think you bad? Pffft, You ain't bad.."
He's not that Zyos, his personality isn't the same at all. It'd be sick if he was though.
Next time you and I are at the same event we gotta get some Halo 1 casuals in haha,I miss that game so much
Dude I'm so down, SNKE is actually pretty good at halo too.. Every once in a while my friends and I will get an old school halo 1 lan going and it is glorious. I miss the halo 1 glory days... :(

Crathen

Death is my business
Which faction have you guys invested in? I've been trying with the Queen
First one i lvl up to 3 was new monarchy for melee+intelligence stats to use in pvp , they also sell some decent weapons , i've gotten a vanquisher VIII when i hit lv3 for free.

Queen faction seems meh to me , the weapons are not even that good as they're rare quality.

But overall go with what you like.

Also let's talk about it on the appropriate thread here http://testyourmight.com/threads/getting-destiny-join-the-tym-destiny-group.45877/page-31

Fractured_Shadow

Really likes to throw things at you.
Is Red Death worth the coins? I'm wanting to pick up the Titan helm for my Defender build but I don't have enough for both.
That sucks. I had 44 coins so I bought both. All in all I would have to say the helm is better because helms are the most effective exotics and the only way to get Saint 14 is either by suuuuper luck from an engram or to buy it. While there are comperable weapons to Red Death that can be obtained fairly easily, nothing a Defender will aquire is as good as Saint 14. The starless night and inverse shadow buff it gives is amazing for high level raids and makes the Defender one of, if not the best, PvE class.

That being said Red Death is in the top 3 of weapons. It has THREE impact upgrades (read: extra damage), a quick draw perk, and the Red Death perk is nutty.

Last edited:

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
That sucks. I had 44 coins so I bought both. All in all I would have to say the helm is better because helms are the most effective exotics and the only way to get Saint 14 is either by suuuuper luck from an engram or to buy it. While there are comperable weapons to Red Death that can be obtained fairly easily, nothing a Defender will aquire is as good as Saint 14. The starless night and inverse shadow buff it gives is amazing for high level raids and makes the Defender one of, if not the best, PvE class.

That being said Red Death is in the top 3 of weapons. It has THREE impact upgrades (read: extra damage), a quick draw perk, and the Red Death perk is nutty.
I went ahead with the Helm and then used Motes of Light and got An Insurmountable Skullfort (which looks like a Striker helm). I maxed out the Crest of Alpha Lupi from last week and now I kinda wish I hadn't. It's a nice support Chest (and looks cool) but I'm wanting to max those helms instead.

PANDA

*Supreme Member*
Yeah, its kinda sad to hear these reviews. But every one of them has just about the same experience.
I was hyped for the game cuz i play so much Borderlands 2. But after hearing the loot system is crap, no variation on the classes and items, and there is absolutely no story plot i gave up on the game.
This seems like Bungie is just luring people in with its awesome visuals and releasing DLCs for cash grabs.
Kind of sad really, i feel bad for all the suckers who paid retail price for this.

edit: by the way, I didn't purchase the game. only participated in the open beta :D

Last edited:

Fractured_Shadow

Yeah, its kinda sad to hear these reviews. But every one of them has just about the same experience.
I was hyped for the game cuz i play so much Borderlands 2. But after hearing the loot system is crap, no variation on the classes and items, and there is absolutely no story plot i gave up on the game.
This seems like Bungie is just luring people in with its awesome visuals and releasing DLCs for cash grabs.
Kind of sad really, i feel bad for all the suckers who paid retail price for this.
Does it *snickers* make you a *snickers* SAD PANDA? *snickers*

Fractured_Shadow

I went ahead with the Helm and then used Motes of Light and got An Insurmountable Skullfort (which looks like a Striker helm). I maxed out the Crest of Alpha Lupi from last week and now I kinda wish I hadn't. It's a nice support Chest (and looks cool) but I'm wanting to max those helms instead.
Ya i had the skull fort too (awsome name) which is good for striker but I broke it down after getting Saint 14. The lupi chest is nice and will give you 6 higher defense (woot) but the Saint 14 Defender perks are just too baller. Luckly for you it only requires glimmer and spinmetal to get the best use out of it.

Try rocking the extended ward of
dawn, gift of light (punching stuff drops orbs), and blessing of light. You will be popping supers all over the place because of inverse shadow, enemies that walk into your bubble are free fist fodder because they are blind so you can generate shit tons of orbs, blessing of light is basically unlimited overshields OUTSIDE of your bubble as long as the ward is active and you can pop in and out of it, and your shield lasts long enough to generally get another one, prevent team wipes, and allows your DPS to rape everything in the room...

Jesus Christ I want this game to get fixed so bad....

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
Ya i had the skull fort too (awsome name) which is good for striker but I broke it down after getting Saint 14. The lupi chest is nice and will give you 6 higher defense (woot) but the Saint 14 Defender perks are just too baller. Luckly for you it only requires glimmer and spinmetal to get the best use out of it.

Try rocking the extended ward of
dawn, gift of light (punching stuff drops orbs), and blessing of light. You will be popping supers all over the place because of inverse shadow, enemies that walk into your bubble are free fist fodder because they are blind so you can generate shit tons of orbs, blessing of light is basically unlimited overshields OUTSIDE of your bubble as long as the ward is active and you can pop in and out of it, and your shield lasts long enough to generally get another one, prevent team wipes, and allows your DPS to rape everything in the room...

Jesus Christ I want this game to get fixed so bad....
Thanks for the build advice. I use both subclasses though prefer Striker but I definitely saw the potential behind the Saint-14 helm. Ive definitely done the "weave in and out" of the bubble to reapply overshields and it's really effective. I love Flashbang on my Striker so I'm looking forward to upgrading the Skullfort helm too though. As an aside, I wonder why thematically they made the Defender subclass be Void based and not Solar? It just screams Solar to me since it's "the wall against which Darkness breaks".

G4S Claude VonStroke

@MK_ClaudeVS on twitter
Just playing gunslinger be blade dancer is a different play style and that's within the Same class. The play styles are different across the classes I like it