What's new

Everything wrong with Destiny

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
The game is and can be fun, but it obviously went through a lot of problems during development, all in which shine through in the actual game. It was released before it was finished, and Destiny could have been out of the box the greatest shooter RPG of all time. I honestly believe that in 2 years, it could get there... but by then, not many will care.

4x4lo8o

Noob
Do people here even know how good you were in Halo? lol.. When I saw you on this site, i was like no way thats THE Zyos, and then my friend The_SNKE told me that you are. Im still not sure haha but if you are, thats crazy! You were pretty much the best Halo 1 player in the world for the span of that games life (probably between you and the Ogre brothers right?). I played Halo competitively in California and on XBC and my friends and I used to watch videos of you playing and learn so much shit.. Pick up the plasma rifles through the walls on Wizard, shooting the AR after grabbing invisibility for the instant frames, XXY auto reload... Good times. Nothing will every touch Halo MP.. Its awesome that you play NRS games too, I thought I was the only one haha ;)

Well anyways dude, just wanted to get that out of my system, haha! So from what Ive read, you didnt really like Destiny PVP huh? That sucks dude, I was looking forward to Halo style MP finally coming to Playstation...
He's not that Zyos, his personality isn't the same at all. It'd be sick if he was though.
Next time you and I are at the same event we gotta get some Halo 1 casuals in haha,I miss that game so much

ColdBoreMK23

Noob Saibot
Lol at all the people demanding others to stop playing because this game isn't easy mode for drops and loot and it isn't how THEY want it to play. They got rid of the loot cave to eliminate brainless morons from getting better loot than people who actually play the game and do strikes, raids, crucible, etc.

The Bungie forums are littered with crybabies either crying to nerf auto rifles, shotguns, fusion rifles, bladedancer, nova bomb or bitching about people who actually play the game instead of getting exptics randomly because in their pea sized brains people who get an exotic in an engram EARNED it and the person who actually played countless strikes didn't.

I can't wait until the next big title comes out so it eliminates the bitching and moaning and leaves the hardcore fans who enjoy the game.

Crying and moaning ruined many good franchises/games such as the Gears of War series, Halo, Battlefield, and even Fighting games.

DESTINY IS LOVE
DESTINY IS LIFE!!!!!!

*smashes head on floor*

trufenix

bye felicia
I know how people say this game is fun with friends but honestly guys ANY game can be fun if you play with your friends
Well, this game is specifically funner with friends because there's lots of stuff you literally can't do alone or without people who know you / are willing to put up with you / level with you. Since there's dick for in game communication its hard to get together with randoms and accomplish anything.

E

Eldriken

Lol at all the people demanding others to stop playing because this game isn't easy mode for drops and loot and it isn't how THEY want it to play. They got rid of the loot cave to eliminate brainless morons from getting better loot than people who actually play the game and do strikes, raids, crucible, etc.

The Bungie forums are littered with crybabies either crying to nerf auto rifles, shotguns, fusion rifles, bladedancer, nova bomb or bitching about people who actually play the game instead of getting exptics randomly because in their pea sized brains people who get an exotic in an engram EARNED it and the person who actually played countless strikes didn't.

I can't wait until the next big title comes out so it eliminates the bitching and moaning and leaves the hardcore fans who enjoy the game.

Crying and moaning ruined many good franchises/games such as the Gears of War series, Halo, Battlefield, and even Fighting games.

DESTINY IS LOVE
DESTINY IS LIFE!!!!!!

*smashes head on floor*
People primarily used the "Loot Cave" as a means to level up their Cryptarch, not to necessarily acquire useful items from it. That's what they wanted to level up their Cryptarch for.

Gear really isn't hard to acquire in my opinion, it's the materials required to upgrade them when they're Legendary/Exotic. I can see peoples' frustrations about it and why they want it to be somewhat easier to get Legendary items. They probably want them to break them down to get the aforementioned mats.

There's also a severe lack of loot in this game. There really is. Then, when you finally do find something, chances are it won't be useful or it's something you already have, but that could work out in a sense as it can be dismantled into upgrade mats.

It just seems to me that the repetitiveness of the game is what's really driving people away. The same bounties over and over again, the same area(s) that you've seen eleventy-billion times already, etc.

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
Is Red Death worth the coins? I'm wanting to pick up the Titan helm for my Defender build but I don't have enough for both.

ColdBoreMK23

Noob Saibot
People primarily used the "Loot Cave" as a means to level up their Cryptarch, not to necessarily acquire useful items from it. That's what they wanted to level up their Cryptarch for.

Gear really isn't hard to acquire in my opinion, it's the materials required to upgrade them when they're Legendary/Exotic. I can see peoples' frustrations about it and why they want it to be somewhat easier to get Legendary items. They probably want them to break them down to get the aforementioned mats.

There's also a severe lack of loot in this game. There really is. Then, when you finally do find something, chances are it won't be useful or it's something you already have, but that could work out in a sense as it can be dismantled into upgrade mats.

It just seems to me that the repetitiveness of the game is what's really driving people away. The same bounties over and over again, the same area(s) that you've seen eleventy-billion times already, etc.

I understand where you're coming from but the game is only three weeks old and people are already max level and/or demanding it easier to get items.

I Play mostly strikes, raid, and PVP and the game is still amazingly fun. I also don't have eight hours a day to play the game like a lot of people. I put in maybe two days total which is a lot for me.

It might just be my lack of MMO gaming besides Diablo 3 but I find the loot system rewarding, frustrating and fun.

E

Eldriken

I've got the bounty for Bad JuJu so, I'm not too keen on Red Death. I kinda dig Pulse Rifles though. Probably go for the Helm. Adding a Blind effect to the Defender bubble is too good.
Get the helmet then. :O

At least you have options. Warlocks are getting fucked hard by Xur because 3 out of 4 times the fucker's been selling Sunbreakers. -.-

E

Eldriken

I understand where you're coming from but the game is only three weeks old and people are already max level and/or demanding it easier to get items.

I Play mostly strikes, raid, and PVP and the game is still amazingly fun. I also don't have eight hours a day to play the game like a lot of people. I put in maybe two days total which is a lot for me.

It might just be my lack of MMO gaming besides Diablo 3 but I find the loot system rewarding, frustrating and fun.
The loot system just isn't rewarding. It's fine if you feel that way, however. To each their own, y'know? It's a little better now with the Engram patch, but it can only be so rewarding when you keep getting the same shit over and over and over again.

I'm not asking for every boss/enemy to be a loot pinata or anything. There should just be an increased chance of finding Engrams in high level Strikes/Raids.

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
Get the helmet then. :O

At least you have options. Warlocks are getting fucked hard by Xur because 3 out of 4 times the fucker's been selling Sunbreakers. -.-
I'm one Mote of Light away from the Exotic Engram so I'm going to try and earn a Mote, cash it in, and see if I can get the helmet on a roll (happened last week) before I spend the coins. If not though I'll probably go for the helm.

Also @ColdBoreMK23 : I think the biggest probably isn't that people want easier paths to items, they want more fun, varying things to do in the game. It's the rote repetition that people (and critics alike) really slammed Destiny for. There's just not a lot to do right now that doesn't involve repeating the same content over and over.

E

Eldriken

I'm one Mote of Light away from the Exotic Engram so I'm going to try and earn a Mote, cash it in, and see if I can get the helmet on a roll (happened last week) before I spend the coins. If not though I'll probably go for the helm.

Also @ColdBoreMK23 : I think the biggest probably isn't that people want easier paths to items, they want more fun, varying things to do in the game. It's the rote repetition that people (and critics alike) really slammed Destiny for. There's just not a lot to do right now that doesn't involve repeating the same content over and over.
Agreed. I mean, there are repetitive games and then there's Destiny. NOTHING changes. Ever. All the Strikes, Raids, bounties, Patrols are always the same.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Agreed. I mean, there are repetitive games and then there's Destiny. NOTHING changes. Ever. All the Strikes, Raids, bounties, Patrols are always the same.
agreed
I don't know if they're really looking at this..... but the DLC can't come any sooner.

Simply to get more strikes and more Raids. I'm truly expecting to have 2 new raids from the DLC. I'm not even to the level for the first. So to have 3 sitting there all with unique aspects makes me really optimistic. I do get tired of fucking shooting bullet sponge bosses tho. Jesus the freaking Archon Priest is like...... the most time consuming thing do fight.

Imagine if instead of just fightin ghim....... you had to keep away dregs and vandals from sacrificing themselves to a Prime Servitor for a set period...... and based on how well you did, meant how much health the Archon had?

I just feel like strike bosses need like a "mini" raid treatment...... at least have more than one level of thought.

E

Eldriken

agreed
I don't know if they're really looking at this..... but the DLC can't come any sooner.

Simply to get more strikes and more Raids. I'm truly expecting to have 2 new raids from the DLC. I'm not even to the level for the first. So to have 3 sitting there all with unique aspects makes me really optimistic. I do get tired of fucking shooting bullet sponge bosses tho. Jesus the freaking Archon Priest is like...... the most time consuming thing do fight.
They're apparently working on bosses being such bullet sponges with the 1.02 patch or whatever. I don't think any concrete information has been released, however.

It's just...I don't see how they were unable to foresee peoples' reactions to the utter lack of content. A few missions, one or two Strikes and Patrol missions per planet? ELL OH EFFING ELL

I'm just really skeptical about how much is really locked away from us. I'm surprised some people haven't done any digging yet to find out. There's just too much shit missing.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
They're apparently working on bosses being such bullet sponges with the 1.02 patch or whatever. I don't think any concrete information has been released, however.

It's just...I don't see how they were unable to foresee peoples' reactions to the utter lack of content. A few missions, one or two Strikes and Patrol missions per planet? ELL OH EFFING ELL

I'm just really skeptical about how much is really locked away from us. I'm surprised some people haven't done any digging yet to find out. There's just too much shit missing.
just makes me sad really

especially hearing about the vault of glass. Hearing HOW different it really is from the strikes.

I mean...... i've read up on what you have to do, because i know i'm not close, and it SOUNDS fun. Like, you have to do objectives to even begin fighting someone.

Why can't there be similar things for the strikes?

I mean just sitting here..... i've thought of at least ONE way to keep them from being bullet sponges and make you actually do an objective to even damage the boss.

idk. So chopped and screwed :(

E

Eldriken

just makes me sad really

especially hearing about the vault of glass. Hearing HOW different it really is from the strikes.

I mean...... i've read up on what you have to do, because i know i'm not close, and it SOUNDS fun. Like, you have to do objectives to even begin fighting someone.

I mean just sitting here..... i've thought of at least ONE way to keep them from being bullet sponges and make you actually do an objective to even damage the boss.

Yep. I've heard about the different mechanics pertaining to the Vault of Glass. Stealth sections, platforming, etc. None of which are present in the game otherwise. The ONLY different mission out of them all was the Sword of Crota. That's easily my favorite mission. You get popped into third-person and get to run around rampaging with an effing sword for crying out loud. WHY isn't there more of that in the game?

If the real meat of the game is going to be contained within Raids, this game will fail.

ColdBoreMK23

Noob Saibot
I see where you guys are coming from. However, every game has the repeativieness.
just makes me sad really

The VoG is easily the best thing in the gane. I ran throuh it twice with different teams. The first time it took us seven hours split into two sittings and the second time our team did it in three hours.

i actually wish they would have cut the story out all together and just did raids, strikes, and crucible.

If they would have put in 20 raids which told the story, starting from say level 5 or so it would have been better because the story is my least favorite part of the game.

Raids are what is going to keep this game alive and thriving.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
I see where you guys are coming from. However, every game has the repeativieness.

The VoG is easily the best thing in the gane. I ran throuh it twice with different teams. The first time it took us seven hours split into two sittings and the second time our team did it in three hours.

i actually wish they would have cut the story out all together and just did raids, strikes, and crucible.

If they would have put in 20 raids which told the story, starting from say level 5 or so it would have been better because the story is my least favorite part of the game.

Raids are what is going to keep this game alive and thriving.
i honestly believe that the story was probably broken down into this aspect before we got what we have now.

I can imagine some of the strikes being "go kill [badguy]" ... but for the most part... I can see strikes being mini-raids.... and raids stressing teamwork as well as uniqueness.

IKizzLE

BloodHound
Beat the Raid on normal 3x and beat the raid on hard 2x.
Still haven't gotten the Vex Mythoclast and I still haven't gotten the last piece of raid gear for 30.
Everyone in my clan is 30 and has the vex while RNG is over here fucking me over.

It's really a struggle to log in everyday now to play. Hopefully Iron Banner has some raid level gear. Every single one of my legendaries and exotics are at 300 so I'm ready for that.