What's new

Tech Ermac's NEW TECH!!! By Big D

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
So I don't think its the AA that's important here. Its the timing of the b2b1 which puts them basically on the ground but they can somehow be otg'd by the tks. This looks similar to smoke's reset in that regard. Its about abusing the timing when your opponent hits the ground but can't block. Thats my take on it from just seeing it. I'll give it a shot though.

So I don't think its the AA that's important here. Its the timing of the b2b1 which puts them basically on the ground but they can somehow be otg'd by the tks. This looks similar to smoke's reset in that regard. Its about abusing the timing when your opponent hits the ground but can't block. Thats my take on it from just seeing it. I'll give it a shot though.
Smoke reset is different. Either the opponent blocks the ex smoke bomb or risk getting launched (similar to 112 ex sb or whatever), opponent gets guaranteed 10% damage (if you miss the timing for f4 ex sb) or opponent gets guaranteed reset (if you get the timing right for f4 ex sb).

This reset seems to be similar to the first one, where all the opponent needs to do is block.

It's still considered a 50/50 reset, in terms of them if they don't hold block you know? Sindel has the same thing, it is not guaranteed, but it's a 50/50, and they are in enough hit stun to forcefully block either her b1, or an overhead etc.

Skkra

PSN: Skkra
So the verdict is "not a true reset?" =\

I'm OK with that though, I think the broken unblockable resets in this game (this would've been lumped in on the list) are stupid and should be removed.

NariTuba

disMember
The reset happens because the previous hits in the combo get the gravity high enough for the opponent to touch the ground for a split second before they are picked up by the rest of the sequence. The only way to take advantage of this is to have an unblockable (Cyrax) or to find a way to gain advantage after the blocked OTG forcing them to either take chip (like in the Check video) or 50/50 them.

Big D what happens if you dial in a teleport instead of the lift? are you left right next to them able to pressure or do they block the teleport?

Big D

Relevant In An Irrelevant Time
The reset happens because the previous hits in the combo get the gravity high enough for the opponent to touch the ground for a split second before they are picked up by the rest of the sequence. The only way to take advantage of this is to have an unblockable (Cyrax) or to find a way to gain advantage after the blocked OTG forcing them to either take chip (like in the Check video) or 50/50 them.

Big D what happens if you dial in a teleport instead of the lift? are you left right next to them able to pressure or do they block the teleport?
I have thought about that...I will test it out soon and let you know how it goes. Thanks!

Big D I understand it has been a while since this was found, but I was trying to do this myself and I got a question. Where exactly can this be blocked? As I understood from what everyone was saying here, OTG happens right after B2B1 - when you lift the opponent for the second time. But doesn't B2B1 combo? I mean it usually does when you start combo with it, right?or are you not truly connecting the combo, but delaying the lift?

Big D

Big D I understand it has been a while since this was found, but I was trying to do this myself and I got a question. Where exactly can this be blocked? As I understood from what everyone was saying here, OTG happens right after B2B1 - when you lift the opponent for the second time. But doesn't B2B1 combo? I mean it usually does when you start combo with it, right?or are you not truly connecting the combo, but delaying the lift?
The lift is the OTG part. The b2b1 is part of the combo, yes; but the lift is the "opener" of the new combo, meaning it can be blocked.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Looks like some of the stuff I do on Bane. Good find, always nice to see the characters that aren't kabal or kenshi get some much deserved attention.

Roko1985

Put down the controller and run!
It's still considered a 50/50 reset, in terms of them if they don't hold block you know? Sindel has the same thing, it is not guaranteed, but it's a 50/50, and they are in enough hit stun to forcefully block either her b1, or an overhead etc.
Can explain Sindel's 50/50 please?

The lift is the OTG part. The b2b1 is part of the combo, yes; but the lift is the "opener" of the new combo, meaning it can be blocked.
So that means that you input db2 after b1b2 so that it doesn't combo? I mean b1 b2 can combo into lift in other combos, right? In that case if you combo it here you'll get the second lift in a combo and no reset, that's what I am getting. Or am I missing something?

Big D

So that means that you input db2 after b1b2 so that it doesn't combo? I mean b1 b2 can combo into lift in other combos, right? In that case if you combo it here you'll get the second lift in a combo and no reset, that's what I am getting. Or am I missing something?
The point of this whole thing is to do the lift after the b2b1 at the perfect height. If done right, it will lift them right up again as a reset if they dont block. If they do actually block it, it stands them up anyway.