What's new

Match Footage - Ermac ERMAC Revealed via NetherRealm Studios stream for Mortal Kombat X

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
That doesn't mean anything. .... If anything Sindel and Noob are more likely disconfirmed because of them DYING in MK9 story, Sindel by Nightwolf and Noob by soulnado.
That doesn't mean anything either lol
Kung Lao died in MK9 with Shao Khan snapping his neck.
The characters that make it in MK games I find are only loosely based on the story. If if they are, then they find justifications to just bring them back

RexxyC

what's done is done
Thoughts:

1. Float looks legit finally, which is nice. The move has mixup potential, but it was SO FUCKING BAD in 9 that it basically didn't exist. Being able to do it from the air, and then quickly land/slam/teleport should help it actually serve some fucking purpose.

2. Freeze ball adds interesting options to his standard combo chain. He's got two extenders in that form at the very least(ball, burn slam, maybe burn teleport). Also gives him the ability to maybe trade projectiles into combo, and also relaunch i suppose.

3. Strings look AWESOME. Love the TK use in his attacks. Charged unblockable hit seems to still be there(which means others may have them as well).

4. Curious as to how the "float in the air" tk will be different from "meter burn tk". That seems..odd.

5. Fly......huh. If you can still TP/slam out of it that'll help, but it's hard to see the exact use for something like that just looking at it.

6. Can he now IA fireball?

7. Xray is meh. Gratuitous, not subtle/cool(feeling i've had for a lot of them actually). Still way better than his 9 one.

8. Costume is....huh. I'm in the middle on this. On the one hand i'm fine with the new direction. On the other hand I'm really meh on the execution. Something about the lower half just doesn't feel right+his animation. I'll agree the fan art or whatever looked great.

9. Not an ermac thing, but the intros/animations/everything is really just on another level and setting the bar high for the future. The intros, the round 2 animations, everything is just so well detailed and gives a great amount of character to the cast.

10. Throw is baller, but doesn't create space. Interesting. This might be because you can just combo into a throw now, so having it create space would take away from the zoner sytles ability to end combo's in push.

11. Good fatality. Nice mix of gross but subtle(their fatality game seems much better than their x ray game.)

12. Seems like his styles basically are
A. Zoner
B. Fly gimmicks
C. o...other/fireball? The "vanish to avoid damage" option seems interesting, but they didn't really explain it? Or at least in a way that seems even remotely useful(why wouldn't I just teleport is my question for half of these)

13. Really wish they'd do a better job with the videos again. The music/style walkthrough on the Kano/raiden ones for example was awesome.

14. looks like one of his strings has an overhead and a low.

15. On that note, why the fuck are people saying he looks like his MK9 incarnation. I'd say there's significant differences already.
I love this design already, him and Quan-Chi look amazing! I hated his design in MK9 (or his default anyway), it was weak as hell. I can tell he has more potential in this one; plus his combos look a little flashy.

I don't know why people are so against him right now; he looks great! Then again this community tends to act like a bunch of spoiled brats, even when they get what/who they want.

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
Thoughts:
15. On that note, why the fuck are people saying he looks like his MK9 incarnation. I'd say there's significant differences already.
I like your points, but I actually like his Xray except the head stomp at the end couldve been a different more cool move IMO but the first 2 hits are awesome (especially the kick)

As for your #15, I have a feeling that it's because he has that falling "cape" that starts from his waist & a hood similar to Ermac's Alt costume in MK9.
I just wish theres an Alt costume with a mask though.

I like your points, but I actually like his Xray except the head stomp at the end couldve been a different more cool move IMO but the first 2 hits are awesome (especially the kick)

As for your #15, I have a feeling that it's because he has that falling "cape" that starts from his waist & a hood similar to Ermac's Alt costume in MK9.
I just wish theres an Alt costume with a mask though.
Ah maybe i misunderstood. I know he looks similar aesthetically, but people seemed to be implying he played the same. Obviously one of his styles will(the TK one), but the others seem quite different, as do his base tools.

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
Ah maybe i misunderstood. I know he looks similar aesthetically, but people seemed to be implying he played the same. Obviously one of his styles will(the TK one), but the others seem quite different, as do his base tools.
oh you meant play the same!
I'm with you, I see him as very different. Similarities are inevitable since his special moves are still there but I see a lot more different opportunities for juggle and shenanigan possibilities.
I dunno I liked what I saw a lot (except for his face lol)

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
Some peoples narrow minded mentalities amazes me

If the char has some sort of movement thats not universal its Injusticey !!!
STFU
MK9 had everything universal because it was the first time going back 2D and getting their head in the the competitive scene of course there going to play it safe with universal movement and frame data, really good move imo

but now they have a better sense of direction and can fully optimize the way they want!

So i applaud it, Well done NRS

So if people want to make narrow minded comments with their one demential mind state, stay playing MK9 where everything is universal for you so you dont have to think harder

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
@Eji1700 in MK 9 the levitation was slower no doubt, but then almost everything was compared to this game's smoothness, momentum and speed overall. It wasn't entirely useless if you were far away from it made for good head games, I used it all the time cancelling it or doing tp's once they jump etc.

But no doubt MK X's will prove better, the faster ground pound looks nice and so does the fact that the teleport now juggles, his greenball can juggle you but I noticed you must ex his tk slam to get a juggle. He seems like a mix of Ermac from MK9+Raven from Injustice in some ways.

But as an Ermac main myself, I'm pleased overall. I am also liking his low starter combo.

His invisibility move I believe will be a useful mind game move and occasionally good for dodging certain moves as we saw. I think I'd only do this from far away though personally, seems too risky up close.

Just curious, which variation of his seems interesting more to you?

The one where he was floating and moving in the air was tight, a better Sindel levitation lol

For me honestly I'm liking his Master of Souls and Mystic honestly, his Spectre(the one where he can fly all over the place) is interesting but it looks like it'll be very heavily punished IMO. I am also loving how in his MOS style the soul/green ball he shoots can stun you that is bitchin! And he has a nice low into high starter into combos which is sick!

I'll probably use those two, because of the juggle combos and I too am liking the slight change to his levitation(except for the last variation) that looks cool but not sure I'll use it, I may here and there. That's also sweet now how he can use the green ball to juggle you, and how his teleport now juggles you but they took away his normal juggle on standard tk bounce(though you can still do it on ex version)

Last edited:
I like the gameplay, so of it really reminded me of injustice like the grab. His design is bad, well maybe not bad but too similar to the MK9 versions. Overall I like him though. AND THAT SECOND FATALITY IS THE BEST SO FAR!!!!

Ermac's design, throw , general play style , and Mystic's huge troll lift are godlike.

I love how ppl were crying yesterday about Reptile , and today about Ermac

Now really, I can understand why people prefer the ninja look on reptile. But on Ermac too? wtf? His costume is fitting the caracter more than ever, and also thousand times better than the "leaked" rags.

Lo0py

Noob
I dunno what some of you are hating on Ermac, this Stream was awesome, and i think NRS did a pretty good job moving him away from the Ninja design, he looks more like a dark entity with his own powers and a lot going on for him.

His move set is very intriguing and open a lot of oportunity for a diverse zoning play, who ever hates on Bernie here needs to clean his retinal aids. 10/10 work colt.
MK9 version (looks, voice, animations) were better IMO! also, he seems way more thin on this haha, atleast he had some biceps on MK9 and hitting that gym :)