What's new

Match Footage - Ermac ERMAC Revealed via NetherRealm Studios stream for Mortal Kombat X

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
@STORMS here's the official video from NRS on YouTube:

Remove the one in the OP before I get a heart-attack please.
Thanks man you rock dude!

I dunno what some of you are hating on Ermac, this Stream was awesome, and i think NRS did a pretty good job moving him away from the Ninja design, he looks more like a dark entity with his own powers and a lot going on for him.

His move set is very intriguing and open a lot of oportunity for a diverse zoning play, who ever hates on Bernie here needs to clean his retinal aids. 10/10 work colt.
Damn straight! lol. This has me more curious how Skarlet will look in the game. Would be pretty rad if she had blood on her body was thinking other day you know? I think he'll have a ninja look as an alternate, and this one which looks creepy yet mysterious :)

Well I sure as hell was.
Me too! But i'll admit I'm an Ermac fanboy so this was a long time coming for me!

ChaosTheory

A fat woman came into the shoe store today...
Pretty sure Paulo has stated throw techs will be like MK9
I like the idea of my opponent having to deal with a mixup between breaker and having to tech the throw :)
Can you explain what you mean? I don't see the mix-up. If I'm going to break, I'll do it before the ender (throw).

Otherwise I'm mashing to tech the throw. If you throw-ender, I might tech the throw. If you do a traditional ender, no skin off my ass.

Right?

Skellington

Banned
I thought the stream was awesome and I love the new design of Ermac.

Love this new old man Kung Lao. He's looking really good. I see him having setup for days with swag combos.

God job NRS, this game keeps looking better and better.
I agree, can't wait for the next stream! And I liked how they gave us two Ermac fatalities, one teaser and one full

GRieVeR_SKeiTH

bad player
Can you explain what you mean? I don't see the mix-up. If I'm going to break, I'll do it before the ender (throw).
Otherwise I'm mashing to tech the throw. If you throw-ender, I might tech the throw. If you do a traditional ender, no skin off my ass.Right?
We will have to see when the game comes out if its seeable/reactable. Honestly I'm assuming you won't be able to mash break and tech throw at the same time. But ultimately its one more thing to deal with when you are being comboed and have to guess

Well, I overall like the design and feel of the character. He definitely embodies a darker, more sinister look with the more sorcerer like approach to him. I like the fact that he floats its a nice touch to the overall uniqueness of him and I'm glad he's moving away from the ninja look. Why would a collection of souls all agree to wear ninja garbs? Variations don't look that unique from each other but different enough I suppose.

Not a fan of the costume however. The stripes on his face look odd and no mask is really throwing me off. The scarecrow costume was in fact way better.

I really hate that XRay though. It looks so weird the fact that Ermac doesn't continue flying in the same direction after the headbutt but immediately flies backwards directly after impact, the headbutt connects with what looks like a lot of force but it looked strange that it didn't knock the opponent down, and after the kick it's like a 1 frame animation of the opponent standing to immediately falling on the floor.

Other than the oddness of his XRay he does look cool i guess. Now bring on the new characters

After examining the stream again.... does anybody else feel as though Ermac's mystic variation is far superior to the others? They covered very little of what made the Spectral variation unique- just being able to fly while unable to block isn't exactly appealing in an MK game. I hope it has more than the one special move they demonstrated for it, which whiffed. It looked like Zod's air-to-air grab, which was a very good move in Injustice.

Similarly, Kung Lao's Buzz Saw variation appears at a glance to be far superior to the other variations, particularly the Hat Trick variation.

Thoughts?

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
For like 9 months now that picture has had "fan art" stamped on it. Why does anyone think he's getting that costume?
Beats the hell out of me, just glad it isn't his costume because that one looked like hot garbage IMO.

This one is okay, not as good as his MK9 alt but definitely a nice costume.

I have a strooooong suspicion that this is actually his alt due to Tyler making it a point to mention that some of the costumes are alts and not primaries despite being revealed first.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
You couldnt mash anything to tech a throw in mk9, it depends on the direction they throw you.
Second part is true, but not the first. I can't tell you how many times I teched throws when I was in now way expecting them by simply pressing a button. I wouldnt mind if it was like Injustice where you had to press the throw button, or even add directions into it(as in forward to tech forward, back to tech back).

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
Loving the Ermac redesign. Floaters are awesome; reminds me of my early days playing Dizzy in GG. I have to admit I'll probably have a run with him before I even touch Raiden.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Is it me or do you feel Noob Saibot & Sindel has been Deconfirmed because of Ermacs Levitate, and Sub-Zero sounding like Bi-Han?
That doesn't mean anything. Kung Lao had divekicks but so did Cyber Sub Zero. Sindel and Ermac both had levitates in MK9 but were still in the game. If anything Sindel and Noob are more likely disconfirmed because of them DYING in MK9 story, Sindel by Nightwolf and Noob by soulnado.

ChaosTheory

A fat woman came into the shoe store today...
Second part is true, but not the first. I can't tell you how many times I teched throws when I was in now way expecting them by simply pressing a button.
Right. Guys would try to jab or poke or start a string and inadvertently tech throws all the time. Myself included.

But regardless if it's like MK9 or Injustice system, I don't understand being able tech throws while being combo'd. I'm only going by what Fly said Paulo said.

He had to have meant on-block. Unless I'm missing something.

Thoughts:

1. Float looks legit finally, which is nice. The move has mixup potential, but it was SO FUCKING BAD in 9 that it basically didn't exist. Being able to do it from the air, and then quickly land/slam/teleport should help it actually serve some fucking purpose.

2. Freeze ball adds interesting options to his standard combo chain. He's got two extenders in that form at the very least(ball, burn slam, maybe burn teleport). Also gives him the ability to maybe trade projectiles into combo, and also relaunch i suppose.

3. Strings look AWESOME. Love the TK use in his attacks. Charged unblockable hit seems to still be there(which means others may have them as well).

4. Curious as to how the "float in the air" tk will be different from "meter burn tk". That seems..odd.

5. Fly......huh. If you can still TP/slam out of it that'll help, but it's hard to see the exact use for something like that just looking at it.

6. Can he now IA fireball?

7. Xray is meh. Gratuitous, not subtle/cool(feeling i've had for a lot of them actually). Still way better than his 9 one.

8. Costume is....huh. I'm in the middle on this. On the one hand i'm fine with the new direction. On the other hand I'm really meh on the execution. Something about the lower half just doesn't feel right+his animation. I'll agree the fan art or whatever looked great.

9. Not an ermac thing, but the intros/animations/everything is really just on another level and setting the bar high for the future. The intros, the round 2 animations, everything is just so well detailed and gives a great amount of character to the cast.

10. Throw is baller, but doesn't create space. Interesting. This might be because you can just combo into a throw now, so having it create space would take away from the zoner sytles ability to end combo's in push.

11. Good fatality. Nice mix of gross but subtle(their fatality game seems much better than their x ray game.)

12. Seems like his styles basically are
A. Zoner
B. Fly gimmicks
C. o...other/fireball? The "vanish to avoid damage" option seems interesting, but they didn't really explain it? Or at least in a way that seems even remotely useful(why wouldn't I just teleport is my question for half of these)

13. Really wish they'd do a better job with the videos again. The music/style walkthrough on the Kano/raiden ones for example was awesome.

14. looks like one of his strings has an overhead and a low.

15. On that note, why the fuck are people saying he looks like his MK9 incarnation. I'd say there's significant differences already.