What's new

EMPR YUN9 MURK's NW MATCH UP CHART

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
I don't play this matchup often. How is nightwings post slide situation?
She wins. He has no reliable lows, parry beats his main pokes, mbf3 beats grab, d2 will beat his jump, etc.

Edit: he can blow up the backdash after slide tho, in ANY stance. And of course, he can bait the parry, but for the most part, she's wins the post slide game. If he had a reliable low like Batman and Flash, things would be different.

Idk why NW doesn't have a low starter. That's weird. He has two stances. Give him at least one.

Last edited:

Shaazzyam

undefeated online evo champion
There's many ways to blow up wake up trait like neutral jump and mb b+3.

His jump 2 regulates her jumping. She's gotta respect it and chill to anti-air it which opens up him playing his footsies game or jumping in with jump 1.

Block and then you get to play your game. She has to respect his d+1 after. Plus his standing 2 can hit her out of it.
Generally speaking, most anti airs aren't " beat their jump in by jumping at them". NW's d2 is ass. I feel like a well spaced J2 is something NW just has to hold as well.

The thing that really annoys me aout her B3 is how all our jump-ins staff get beat by it. Also standing 1, hits mid, whiffs if she's just ducking. Or we eat a B3 combo into a setup. I mean it's things like that make it rough in the long run imo

Casuals and tournament are 2 entirely different outcomes (and from the way you explain it, it seems he still got the better of you in casuals anyways). Plus I also said that NW is a secondary of mine (because I love how he was in TT, YJ, and in the comics) so I am more in tune with how she can take advantage of NW's shortcomings because I experience those shortcomings from a first person perspective while I use him.
I'm inclined to agree with you. I think you'd understand better than most since you play both.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Generally speaking, most anti airs aren't " beat their jump in by jumping at them". NW's d2 is ass. I feel like a well spaced J2 is something NW just has to hold as well.

The thing that really annoys me aout her B3 is how all our jump-ins staff get beat by it. Also standing 1, hits mid, whiffs if she's just ducking. Or we eat a B3 combo into a setup. I mean it's things like that make it rough in the long run imo

In Injustice preemptive jumping is a standard anti-air and his jump 2 is one of the best at it. It does it's job controlling the air and forcing her to play grounded. She either tries to play footsies with him or she has to wait and look out for it to d+2 it and that lets him run his game. If she's doing long range jump 2's then she isn't getting good pressure anyway.

Standing 1 is a bill of goods against her. He doesn't need it. His other footsies tools are better.

The fact that she has to use b+3 to get in isn't good for her. That's not what she wants to do because she's not in a good position when it's blocked.

Shaazzyam

undefeated online evo champion
Like, I don't want to say that Cartwoman owns NW's ass or anything. I kinda of think of it like the DS MU where if it's anybody's favor it's not Nightwing's...

It's just that stupid ass-to-the-floor hitbox on B3. It makes me so emo no matter what character I play against her.:(

If anybody is sad about this and wants to PM me and talk about or whatever I'm down

Chongo

Dead Kings Rise
Like, I don't want to say that Cartwoman owns NW's ass or anything. I kinda of think of it like the DS MU where if it's anybody's favor it's not Nightwing's...

It's just that stupid ass-to-the-floor hitbox on B3. It makes me so emo no matter what character I play against her.:(

If anybody is sad about this and wants to PM me and talk about or whatever I'm down
Just block it, she's not positive after it so you get to make the read

Also if you wanna deal with j2 just block it. She only gets the overhead off of it and I believe you can backdash after the j2 to avoid f1

Breakin Wordzz

Best Rengar NA, also ares of world
Stop playing scrubby ones.

Funny that you say that, considering you use Ares lol
well not everyone picked aquaman to main day one you know? some people had to get the runt of the litter. just like sheeva and kano mains. its just the way fighting games work.

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
I'm starting to agree with Murk in that NW - AM may be 6-4. Once you get into staff, it's up to Aquaman to make all the reads, while you're just chilling :cool:

Dirtylova

YOLO FLYING GRAYSON BICH
you all are brain dead mortals...NW/SHAZ is 6-4 NW...NW/AM is 6-4 NW. If aqua is on a stage with "toys", then it becomes a close 5-5

@gpmoney My fellow wing gpmoney thinks aqua has all the tools to beat us.. 6-4 aqua favor.. Id like to hear your reasons here, that we talked about in status's and pms.

I say 5-5

Last edited:

gpmoney

CORN | gpmoney. Saltier than a bag of chips.
I don't think he beats us 4-6 I've always thought it was 5-5 lol. I posted multiple times saying this

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
She wins. He has no reliable lows, parry beats his main pokes, mbf3 beats grab, d2 will beat his jump, etc
NW wins post-slide in escrima with instant nj3 wingdings. It beats parry, mbf3, slide, grab, and d2. He can MB the wingdings for more safety. if you are late the d2 trades but it's a knockdown so she doesn't get anything.