What's new

EMPR YUN9 MURK's NW MATCH UP CHART

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
NW wins post-slide in escrima with instant nj3 wingdings. It beats parry, mbf3, slide, grab, and d2. He can MB the wingdings for more safety. if you are late the d2 trades but it's a knockdown so she doesn't get anything.
It doesn't beat blocking though lol. Instant J3 Wingdings is hella risky. If they block then that's a 70% or so guaranteed reset if they have 2 bars. I prefer MB Flipkick post-slide, because once they respect it you're able to get some D1 pressure going

EDIT - I also believe the MB Wingding will whiff from such a close range

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
Cyborg only wins this MU 6-4. Not 7-3.

Yes the zoning is hard. IAfb are very manageble if you are patient, and 2% chip from groundfireball isn't going to kill you. Once you can tell the difference you will find yourself getting in very easily and outdamageing / out-pressuring the shit out of him. Multi-hitting moves keep him from grappling out of the corner as well.

Furthermore, ground-spark and the staff groundpound move are quite good at anti-zoning if one knows how to use them well.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
NW wins post-slide in escrima with instant nj3 wingdings. It beats parry, mbf3, slide, grab, and d2. He can MB the wingdings for more safety. if you are late the d2 trades but it's a knockdown so she doesn't get anything.

Lol why are you even in Escrima stance against Frost anyway? You do know you're dead if I block that right? Its a nice gamble tho.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
I'm gonna try it against viking at the break this week in casuals if he shows up. I feel like it's definitely a match that needs to be played offline.
I'll let everyone know the results
It's also a match that needs to be played vs the person who knows it best.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
Lol why are you even in Escrima stance against Frost anyway? You do know you're dead if I block that right? Its a nice gamble tho.
What do you mean I'm dead if you block that? I just told you it's safe. Especially safe if he MB's the wingdings...

xKhaoTik

What do you mean I'm dead if you block that? I just told you it's safe. Especially safe if he MB's the wingdings...
OK so? You're still in her face in ESCRIMA STANCE. And Wingdings are unsafe unless you meter burn it. So what's the point again?

Lol omg Wingdings against Frost.

KH_Captain

Nightwolf wannabe
This would make nw between 12th-14th i dont think hes quite that good 17th at best. Imo wowo gl n kf all 4-6. Ill give you kf though 5-5 ok. Man i do luv watchin a good nw at work though, next major lets see another nw in top 8.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
OK so? You're still in her face in ESCRIMA STANCE. And Wingdings are unsafe unless you meter burn it. So what's the point again?
Non mb version is actually safe if the nj3 is instant. The MB is there if you mess up and do nj3 too late. NW's find themselves in escrima all the time. You can't just stay in one stance the whole match, he auto switches back to escrima at certain points. I'm not telling anyone how to play the matchup, just use this info if you want.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game

Lol omg Wingdings against Frost.
I find the way you describe the MU condescending. I don't know the MU at the highest level but each post I read sounds this way...it finally erked me enough to say something.

I believe Escrima and Staff are both effective in different ranges. Both will need to be used well to beat her. Your complete one sided and idiotic posts make it sound like a 3-7. Even if it is 4-6, escrima can be effective at the right ranges and so can wing ding. I will not go as far as to say wing ding is why he wins...but it is a tool in the MU nonetheless.

Why do you feel the need to talk down to people so much when you obviously don't understand NW tools? Is there perhaps a chance that something about the MU you don't know or do you already know everything?

xKhaoTik

I find the way you describe the MU condescending. I don't know the MU at the highest level but each post I read sounds this way...it finally erked me enough to say something.

I believe Escrima and Staff are both effective in different ranges. Both will need to be used well to beat her. Your complete one sided and idiotic posts make it sound like a 3-7. Even if it is 4-6, escrima can be effective at the right ranges and so can wing ding. I will not go as far as to say wing ding is why he wins...but it is a tool in the MU nonetheless.

Why do you feel the need to talk down to people so much when you obviously don't understand NW tools? Is there perhaps a chance that something about the MU you don't know or do you already know everything?

How is wingding effective in the MU? What is it doing to shut her down?

I laugh at NW players who use Wingdings in the MU because its a free way for me to get in and in most cases, its a punish. And use escrima for what? So I can parry EVERYTHING? Sure, go ahead. Staff stance is the way to go.

I'm not talking down to anyone. I'm just letting them know that of they want to so good in the match up, then they shouldn't rely on windings or escrima. That's dumb. But if you want to do that, then by all means, have fun.

You dont know the MU at the highest level, but I do, so why are you even complaining? Maybe you should go learn it and not bash me for giving my input.

Last edited:

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
I'm gonna try it against viking at the break this week in casuals if he shows up. I feel like it's definitely a match that needs to be played offline.
I'll let everyone know the results
I play fly and NW MU more than anyone. Viking rushes down many matches ZOD has no business doing so. If ZOD does nothing but zone and trait mix ups I'm sorry but NW has no business ever winning more than 2 games out of 8-10 matches.

I've played hours upon hours of this MU offline and also have played allthe best NWs

Murk
Sajam
Fly
Pryce
Macro
Etc

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
How is wingding effective in the MU? What is it doing to shut her down?

I laugh at NW players who use Wingdings in the MU because its a free way for me to get in and in most cases, its a punish. And use escrima for what? So I can parry EVERYTHING? Sure, go ahead. Staff stance is the way to go.

I'm not talking down to anyone. I'm just letting them know that of they want to so good in the match up, then they shouldn't rely on windings or escrima. That's dumb. But if you want to do that, then by all means, have fun.

You dont know the MU at the highest level, but I do, so why are you even complaining? Maybe you should go learn it and not bash me for giving my input.
I was more commenting on your attitude but thank you for continuing to be condescending and proving my point. I'm happy to go learn the MU. Wing Dings do not shut her down. I never said that...they do check her and can trade in his favor vs her projectile. I only said they were a tool that he can use. Your slide does not make me avoid using them, but only be more cautious in their placement.

I don't put much stock in online matches because I believe in that extra reaction time but id love to feel out the mu with you and start to learn it. Are you on xbox or are their any KF on xbox you would recommend?

xKhaoTik

I was more commenting on your attitude but thank you for continuing to be condescending and proving my point. I'm happy to go learn the MU. Wing Dings do not shut her down. I never said that...they do check her and can trade in his favor vs her projectile. I only said they were a tool that he can use. Your slide does not make me avoid using them, but only be more cautious in their placement.

I don't put much stock in online matches because I believe in that extra reaction time but id love to feel out the mu with you and start to learn it. Are you on xbox or are their any KF on xbox you would recommend?

I have a strong personality and I have no filter so I come off as a jackass lol. I really mean no harm honestly but I'm not gonna sit here and get bashed for nothing.

Yes, I do agree with Wingdings vs daggers, that's a strong point, but for the most part, I wouldn't recommend using wingdings too much because Frost Players are scouting it. I really don't see the use for Escrima stance in the MU. He has nothing threatening for her in that stance.

I'm on PSN unfortunately. @Rickyraws and @astronout are on XBL tho. REO uses KF too. I'm sure they can help you.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler

Maybe not avoid using them completely...but our slide should make you think twice about using them at the range you want to use them at.... because if we block them a slide will punish you and if you MB them our slide will avoid them and you will have wasted a bar of meter.

I have played the MU with @RM Chongo a lot and I feel much more vulnerable when he is in staff stance. In escrima, I try to keep him in that stance for as long as possible.

Rickyraws

This mean you don't like me?
Yeah man we can play anytime @EMPR_MURK in fact didn't we just briefly discuss this MU with Pryce? Lol hit me up whenever we can play and discuss

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
Maybe not avoid using them completely...but our slide should make you think twice about using them at the range you want to use them at.... because if we block them a slide will punish you and if you MB them our slide will avoid them and you will have wasted a bar of meter.
I don't understand the slide avoiding the MB wingdings. Are you saying between the first 3 blocked and the 4th MB wingding?